Ray Peat On Sex And Relationships

Badger

Is your enemy muslims or man-jawed feminists? Or is it man-jawed feminists who want to get knocked up by muslims?[/QUOTE

You forgot one more: idiots and trolls who deliberately misconstrue and misframe what was stated.

Sucrates

Upon reflection, I don't think your distinguishing what you think is their real object of hatred matters much. It's a distinction that makes little if any difference. Because what is "western culture"? The cultural Marxists relentlessly shriek it is comprised of a "patriarchy" of white, hetero men. The phrase "western culture" is an abstract code term for such. In other words, when cultural Marxists get down into the weeds of tactics and strategy, of specifics of how to fight the boogeyman of western culture, they are compelled to point their fingers at something real, not an abstraction, and that is men, of type mentioned. Name the enemy properly, hate ensues. Hate energizes - and we know all about "energy" in Peatland, don't we? Though it seems we are biased into thinking about it in more lovey-dovey terms. Energized hate leads to social change and revolution. Feminism is one of various conduits of energized hate, with men the primary target and instigator - symbolically as framed by the feminists - of that energized hate. Marxists have known about energized hate a long time, to their profit.

Matters much, to what end?

managing

You forgot one more: idiots and trolls who deliberately misconstrue and misframe what was stated.
Well, I'll admit that I combined your rants about feminine men and masculine women with your repost of somebody else's rant about western women wanting to copulate with muslim men because they are more masculine than western men.

On second glance though, you're right, they are nothing alike. At all.

Badger

Matters much, to what end?
I don't understand your question, as it was you, not me, who said Marxists are against the West, not men. If there is any "end," it is to clarify this and respond to what you said.

Badger

An implied point: masculine Western women are attracted to men more masculine than themselves. The white beta boys don't fit the bill. Another piece of evidence for this is the often-gigantic "Romance" section of new and especially used books stores (just noticed one at used book store the other day, almost 1/3 of their collection). ALL of those books feature highly masculine, dominant alpha types. The almost infinitely voracious appetite of women for such books does align well with what may initially appear to be rather extreme claims made in what I previously quoted. Another example, BTW: I just read a few weeks back that the novel "Fifty Shades of Grey" - about the sadistic rich guy sexually and pervertedly dominating a masochistic young women - achieved all-time best-seller status in the UK, it became the book with the greatest number of sales in UK history. Hell of a lot of women there seem to have fantasies the likes of you would find extremely un-PC, huh?

If you don't like my forays into explaining such and related phenomenon, then, why don't you and others, instead of ridiculing me personally or offering ridiculous responses, make an effort at a constructive response, offering say, an alternative that you can argue is better?

Well, I'll admit that I combined your rants about feminine men and masculine women with your repost of somebody else's rant about western women wanting to copulate with muslim men because they are more masculine than western men.

On second glance though, you're right, they are nothing alike. At all.

kyle

Women are higher in agreeableness, thus more susceptible to guilt.

WRT racism, it's tied to the disgust reflex and it cuts across all social hierarchies, even among anti-racist liberals.

managing

An implied point: masculine Western women are attracted to men more masculine than themselves. The white beta boys don't fit the bill. Another piece of evidence for this is the often-gigantic "Romance" section of new and especially used books stores (just noticed one at used book store the other day, almost 1/3 of their collection). ALL of those books feature highly masculine, dominant alpha types. The almost infinitely voracious appetite of women for such books does align well with what may initially appear to be rather extreme claims made in what I previously quoted. Another example, BTW: I just read a few weeks back that the novel "Fifty Shades of Grey" - about the sadistic rich guy sexually and pervertedly dominating a masochistic young women - achieved all-time best-seller status in the UK, it became the book with the greatest number of sales in UK history. Hell of a lot of women there seem to have fantasies the likes of you would find extremely un-PC, huh?

If you don't like my forays into explaining such and related phenomenon, then, why don't you and others, instead of ridiculing me personally or offering ridiculous responses, make an effort at a constructive response, offering say, an alternative that you can argue is better?
An alternative to . . . poorly constructed pop hypotheses? Nah, best to just undermine absurdity.

Badger

An alternative to . . . poorly constructed pop hypotheses? Nah, best to just undermine absurdity.
Just an excuse to distract from your inability to refute the hypothesis using a little bit of snotty, condescending attitudinizing. A troll is going to troll.

Last edited:

Herbie

Lantern handle jaws are just the start.

Its a sign of the times when someone starts a thread about sex and relationships and it turns into a thread about androgyny.

People will agree that the culture is creating more masculine females and more feminine males moving closer to androgyny. Part of Ray Peat's work is to prevent this kind of shift in regards to his work on endocrinology.

The modelling industry choses female's to model who look androgynous or like pre pubescent males. Social scientists say this whats causing females to have eating disorders, not just the models themselves but the females who look at these models through the mainstream media.

Consider the cultural effects of the contraceptive pill. When females ovulate (on full moon) that is when they are most fertile and studies have found at this time females are most attracted to masculine features of males. If a female is using the contraceptive pill it prevents ovulation from occurring. This is having an impact on many aspects of sex and relationships.

managing

Lantern handle jaws are just the start.

Its a sign of the times when someone starts a thread about sex and relationships and it turns into a thread about androgyny.

People will agree that the culture is creating more masculine females and more feminine males moving closer to androgyny. Part of Ray Peat's work is to prevent this kind of shift in regards to his work on endocrinology.

The modelling industry choses female's to model who look androgynous or like pre pubescent males. Social scientists say this whats causing females to have eating disorders, not just the models themselves but the females who look at these models through the mainstream media.

Consider the cultural effects of the contraceptive pill. When females ovulate (on full moon) that is when they are most fertile and studies have found at this time females are most attracted to masculine features of males. If a female is using the contraceptive pill it prevents ovulation from occurring. This is having an impact on many aspects of sex and relationships.
Interesting that the most "masculine" of women, ie lesbians, don't take contraceptive pills.

You do understand that gender roles are not biologically determined, right?

managing

Just an excuse to distract from your inability to refute the hypothesis using a little bit of snotty, condescending attitudinizing. A troll is going to troll.
32a684706d55c3b6b569107eb36d49da3c8dd8c762b13babc690949c05e0c0aa.jpg

Kyle M

Interesting that the most "masculine" of women, ie lesbians, don't take contraceptive pills.

You do understand that gender roles are not biologically determined, right?

yeah they are socially determined, because society came about before biology in a physical vacuum

Kyle M

I'll wait while you look up the definition of "determined".

Your use of the word determined was 100%? There is nothing in this material world of ours that is 100% determined by any one atomistic factor

alywest

OK I just need to rant about something real quick because I have heard this whole line about women being more masculine now and the proof is in our squarer jaws and such. Also, what was it, lack of hips and ***s? OK so let me fill you in on a little secret...we women don't get to choose the build of our faces or bodies! We can get plastic surgery, of course, but if anything most women are enlarging their breasts, not making them smaller. And last time I checked you can't get a "hip reduction" so the hips you see are the hips we were born with, for better or worse. It's sexist to continuously make a woman feel like she's not good enough based on her body type. And yes, what if women have been changing facially over time? And bodily? Are we to blame for that? Perhaps we could blame the directors in Hollywood or the fashion designers who set the tone in LA, NY, Milan, Paris and London, but that would also be a knock on men who are easily manipulated into finding whatever is being shoved down our collective throats as beautiful, who then seek out women who fit that description to copulate with.

The reality is, though, if you go to any local playground and look at the moms., good luck finding one who looks like Gigi Hadid or Kendall Jenner. Most of us have hips, butts, varying sizes of breasts, and we look like women.

And if you do take my advice and go to the playground without a child in tow, be ready to have women look at you suspiciously and keep extra close eye on their kids because we have all been forced to be hawkish to protect our kids. Perhaps if men were less commonly likely to molest/rape kids we could relax, let our guards down and enjoy sex in a more natural and free way, but we have learned the hard way that there are too many men who are aggressive sexually and think that because they are physically larger have the right to dominate a woman or child and force them to pleasure them sexually at the expense of our psychological well being. Unfortunately this is a social ill that I don't think will ever go away, as @Drareg pointed out sexually repressed men seek to physically dominate women. As a result women are on the defensive except for the sexually promiscuous women who basically have taken on a male mindset, apparently thinking or hoping that they will never be raped or exploited. Enough women have been put in compromising, if not downright violent, situations that we have to be protective. And the men who actually are respectful and look at sex in a healthy way are punished alongside the women who have been victimized.

x-ray peat

This is based in a false conception of marxist feminism, that is it pro-women and/or anti-men. It is based on a hatred/fear of western culture, not a hatred of men in general. Any of the other neo-marxist and freudian sects makes sense in perspective too.
+1. All of these groups that may seem to have nothing in common and should be at odds with one another are actually united by their creators in a long standing plan to overthrow all representative Democracies and return the world to the leadership of the elite. The individuals who join these groups are just useful idiots who unreflectively follow their assigned pied pipers to their own detriment.

The most direct root cause of this attack on Western representative government can be seen in the Secret Treaty of Verona in which the Monarchical governments of Europe realized that they would need to destroy all democracies or end up losing power themselves. Despite what we have been taught in history books this is the real reason for the Monroe Doctrine.

CONGRESSIONAL RECORD - SENATE. 64th CONGRESS, 1st SESSION VOLUME 53, PART 7 Page 6781 25 April 1916

“I wish to put in the RECORD the secret treaty of Verona of November 22, 1822, showing what this ancient conflict is between the rule of the few and the rule of the many. I wish to call the attention of the Senate to this treaty because it is the threat of this treaty which was the basis of the Monroe doctrine. It throws a powerful white light upon the conflict between monarchial government and government by the people. The Holy Alliance under the influence of Metternich, the Premier of Austria, in 1822, issued this remarkable secret document :

ARTICLE 1. The high contracting powers being convinced that th e system of representative government is egually as incompatible with the monarchial principles as the maxim of the sovereignty of the people with the high devine right, engage mutually in the most solemn manner, to use all their efforts to put an end to the system of representative governments, in whatever country it may exhist in Europe, and to prevent its being introduced in those countries where it is not yet known. http://www.rvbeypublications.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderfiles/treatyveronajesuits.pdf

They have been largely successful and have decided it is better to rule from behind the facades of emasculated democracies that willingly do their bidding rather than continually have to suppress open rebellion. The reason you have never learned about this and why it all may seem too strange to be true is that the winners write history. We intuitively accept that but we never really come to grips with the incredible implications of that simple idea.

managing

Your use of the word determined was 100%? There is nothing in this material world of ours that is 100% determined by any one atomistic factor
Exactly. That is the definition of determined. Now let's try "gender roles".

Kyle M

Exactly. That is the definition of determined. Now let's try "gender roles".

We probably shouldn't turn this into a many-reply argument on semantics, but where did you find that definition (one that includes 100%) and if nothing in the material world conforms to that definition (unless you can give me an example of a univariate atomistically determined something) and people use it to mean "the most important factor" rather than "the only factor," what is the point of the word? For example, someone might say "the aerodynamics of the car determine it's top speed" when in reality they mean all things equal, two cars with the same engine performance and tire friction coefficient etc. etc., the one that is more aerodynamic will have a higher top speed. This is how non-autistic people use words.