Ray Peat On Pepsi

Birdie

I'm allergic to mold and I react badly to citric acid. Found this on google Citric acid and mold allergy | AAAAI

"The process by which commercial citric acid is made does involve aspergillus niger. However, the mold is filtered from the final product, and this product is treated with calcium hydroxide to yield calcium citrate, and citric acid is then formed by treatment with sulfuric acid."

Didn't Ray mention that sulfuric acid was contaminated with lead during the manufacturing process? I don't have any problem with phosphoric acid only Coca Cola. Wish there was another soda without citric acid, kind of tired of coke now...
Interesting.
Also, I think Ray said that modern day vitamin C is contaminated with a heavy metal (lead?) during the manufacturing process. Thanks.

J

jb116

That's interesting. Hope you can provide reference.

Seems contradictory since you say he prefers corn syrup, and then you say he prefers Mexi coke, which uses sugar (and I don't know if Mexi coke still uses sugar, since Coke and Pepsi in the Philippines have turned to using "sugar and/or HFCS," instead of plain "sugar," and I've turned away from them and now buy other brands (no matter how obscure) of soda that simply say "sugar" under its ingredient label).

Considering that the Philippines is a main producer of cane sugar, and Coke and Pepsi is going "American Agribusiness" by using HFCS, and none of the sugar producers here give a hoot, I'm really disappointed.

p.s. I suspect this is a consequence of "free trade agreements" which force countries to accept big US agribusiness' products such as HFCS at the expense of giving consumers in these countries better choices in ingredients. The impact on health has a cascading effect, and ultimately the downward spiral in health of general populations would lead to a growing market of sick people buying big pharma's drugs.
Hi yerrag, can you explain why you think it forces countries to accept US agribusiness products? As it stands now, the US pays huge taxes to export while not charging nearly as much when importing foreign products. So how does it force the foreign country to use US products when they stand to make more money using their own?