Ray Peat On Pepsi

amethyst

Real coke always seems better for an upset stomach. Particularly fountain coke that they serve in restaurants. It's seems better tasting than the bottles.
The Coke I have has no citric acid either... I live in Italy.
You are Italian?

Real coke always seems better for an upset stomach. Particularly fountain coke that they serve in restaurants. It's seems better tasting than the bottles.

You are Italian?

Yes

sladerunner69

Unlike Coca-cola, Pepsi doesn't have citric acid, only phosphoric acid.

Coca Cola classic, or mexican coke, don't have any citric acid and are totally clean.

What I am worried about is the acidity of the soda leeching out chemicals from the cans and bottles they come in. Is glass the only safe container for soda? I saw a video where coke was able to disintegrate a penny within hours... it has to be leeching something out of the plastic if it can disintigrate iron/copper...

sladerunner69

Oh the irony.. Coke is an American brand yet all the coke in our supermarkets (in the UAE) have real sugar and they're pretty cheap :)
Pepsi or coke... I drink whatever available and they equally taste good to my tongue. They go great with red meat.

Do you buy cans or plastic bottles?

yerrag

Dave likes his hyperboles :cool had to learn that on my own skin
You learned that the hard way? How did the 2kg sugar feel that particular day on your skin?

amethyst

You are Italian?

amethyst

And you have the best ice cream :cool
When I was in Italy, I ate my way thru every gelateria. That's all I ate. I was in gelato heaven :joyful:
* Well actually, Italian pizza is out of this world too! Everything Italian is incredible. I think I need to go back to Italy.:D

yerrag

Pet Peeve

I'm allergic to mold and I react badly to citric acid. Found this on google Citric acid and mold allergy | AAAAI

"The process by which commercial citric acid is made does involve aspergillus niger. However, the mold is filtered from the final product, and this product is treated with calcium hydroxide to yield calcium citrate, and citric acid is then formed by treatment with sulfuric acid."

Didn't Ray mention that sulfuric acid was contaminated with lead during the manufacturing process? I don't have any problem with phosphoric acid only Coca Cola. Wish there was another soda without citric acid, kind of tired of coke now...

Stevie

@Such_Saturation. I've no idea why, but I assumed you were from the US, then, given the different time zones and the time of day you were on here I then began assuming you had some sort of terrible insomnia. It just shows you, one small assumption, honesty, when will I learn:-/

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals