Ray Peat On Euphoria

Arnold Grape

What more sustainable forms of estrogen suppression would you recommend other than vitamin E. Thanks Arnold!
I do it 3-4 days a week. Why do you say not everyday?
Trust your own instincts: my sense is that deploying drastic e-lowering measures is not great for me to do, personally: for example, when I take even small amounts of aspirin daily it results in the inability to build muscle, however, using Estroban 2 times weekly works well for achieving many of the same positive effects as aspirin with fewer of the sides. One could quote Peat here and tell you that these things will be different, depending on your context, but that goes without saying: if your diet is replete with starches and bad fats or if your body type shows signs of high estrogen then these things may be appropriate for you. My sense is that as a 6'4 male who weighs less than 200 lbs. and eats an innocuous diet that even smaller amounts of aspirin may not be needed.

A cool place to be is recognizing specific symptoms and then making determinations based on how you feel. I'm still getting better at this. It also seems like the ability to achieve one specific effect (re: euphoria) will have diminishing returns if your do the same thing daily. -$0.02

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
I don't really know. BA can reduce tremors in animals due to inhibiting GABA uptake (1).

It could be that: "Carnosine can increase the sensitivity of the calcium (Ca2+) release channels in the sarcoplasmic reticulum and/or the sensitivity of the contractile apparatus in chemically skinned muscle fibres from frogs". (2)

and also
"Carnosine increased contractility in a dose-dependent manner (1-10 mM) in isolated perfused rat hearts. and it also increased free intracellular calcium levels in isolated myocytes. Carnosine increased myocyte tension via calcium release from the ryanodine receptor calcium release channel in skinned myocardial fibers and increased open-state probability and dwell time of the isolated ryanodine receptor calcium release channel in lipid bilayers. In addition. we report that carnosine sensitizes the contractile proteins so calcium. These results suggest a novel role for carnosine as a modulator of intracellular calcium and contractility in cardiac tissue." (3)

Beta-alanine also appears to have some nerve excitability properties which can cause this.

Maybe this is prone to occur in people with low magnesium or low ATP production that's needed to transport the calcium back out, thus resulting in tremors.

Ahhh very interesting. Thanks for presenting that. I have been using about 2 grams daily myself, for the last week or so and love it's fatigue buffering properties in the gym.

I also tried some DL-Phenylalanine before my workout, and I actually achieved a euphoric state for a while... such a good workout.

milkboi

Is phenylalanine better regarded than tyrosine amongst Peaters?

Both I think are good. There are pros and cons to each of them (Tyrosine for example requires sunlight when taken in the morning, to prevent excess conversion to adrenaline), so you should search the forums to find out which one better fits your situation.

Matestube

From the podcast Generative Energy #33 @ 22:50.

What's your favorite/top substance for euphoria? (Peat approved or not)

Here is a list of some of them from wiki:
Category:Euphoriants - Wikipedia

I'm going with ghb. It's Peat approved.
Euphoric/energetic at small dosages that does not last over an hour, and relaxing/sedating at high dosages which make sleep architecture very precise 4-6 hours wake up refreshed with pumped up muscles.

The problem with ghb is not to abuse it's euphoric state hour after hour, or combine it with other drugs if using it for sleep as you could die.
This probably goes with most substances that produce an intense euphoria. Use and abuse.

Pregnenolone and progesterone give me the opposite of a euphoric state.

Testosterone puts me in a proper euphoric state.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals