Ray Peat On Donald Trump

thomas00

What if I don't want to pay 100 grand to re-roof my house? Roofing being in the top ten of most dangerous jobs. And how much should all the storm troopers be paid to enforce all of your utopian ideals and man the police state? Pure fantasy.

My argument pertained to the size of the slice of pie the workers should be getting, not increasing the entire pie relative to the risk of the work involved. The latter would demand entirely on a host of other factors.

Last edited:

Queequeg

It's pretty obvious that wages can increase if there is no longer a parasitic class hoovering up more than their fair share.

The principles you talk about are just dogmas and ideological impositions. There's a reason why economics is ridiculed as pseudoscience.
Economics is only ridiculed as a pseudoscience by people who don't understand it, especially those who can't think through the consequences of what they are proposing. A 100 million deaths at the hands of the Marxists apparently isn't enough to prove the dangers of a government enforced "utopia."

We are all still waiting for some proof that the Laws of Supply and Demand are "just dogmas and ideological impositions." The only ideological imposition I can see is your neo-Marxist belief that workers should be paid according to the risk they incur (or some other arbitrary measure) as opposed to the value of their contribution as determined by the two parties to the exchange.

Last edited:

Queequeg

My argument pertained to the size of the slice of pie the workers should be getting, not increasing the entire pie relative to the risk of the work involved. The latter would demand entirely on a host of other factors.
So the government now needs set the wages of for every single worker in the country? Hmm where have we seen this before?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 5487

It's good to see some don't fall for the left-right ploy.

It's sad to see some think Trump is as an outlier of any sort or anti-elite.

Let intentions be clear. No man could be shuttled into office without the approval of the oligarchy. No man. William Engdahl who knows more about these things than any of us and has highly rated books, has stated in some of his recent articles and podcasts that Trump was a Plan B president. The foreign policy crisis of the Last Three administrations had to be replaced with something else. Trump is that man.

Appease Russia
Demonize China
Destroy Iran
Increase Military budget to Regan Era Strength 54billion increase, approaching 1 TRILLION
Rebuild(military) Infustructure. Not roads and bridges. But supply chains for war.
Cut spending across the board, Remove 24million off health care. Though I absolutely hate Obamacare also.
Strong dollar policy of reagan

War will hit in 4-6 years.

4 billionares, 4 generals on cabnient.

Check his works out. http://www.williamengdahl.com/

After reading through a few, perspectives shifts and everything begins to make sense

thomas00

Economics is only ridiculed as a pseudoscience by people who don't understand it, especially those who can't think through the consequences of what they are proposing.

People say the same thing about as astrology. It sounds like you've never ready any criticism of economics before.

A 100 million deaths at the hands of the Marxists apparently isn't enough to prove the dangers of a government enforced "utopia."

That's quite the strawman. And it would appear you think there are only two economic systems possible.

I guess that's why capitalism's defenders often can't have a discussion without going off the deep end and invoking the killing fields when anybody starts shaking the tree a bit.

We are all still waiting for some proof that the Laws of Supply and Demand are "just dogmas and ideological impositions."

http://www.science20.com/gerhard_adam/blog/economic_theory_–_supply_and_demand

This articulates my point quite well- that the 'law' is just a model being applied to a construct. And sometimes falls apart.

The only ideological imposition I can see is your neo-Marxist belief that workers should be paid according to the risk they incur (or some other arbitrary measure) as opposed to the value of their contribution as determined by the two parties to the exchange.

That can only happen fairly if there is equality between the parties.

So the government now needs set the wages of for every single worker in the country? Hmm where have we seen this before?

Can you show me where I said the government needs to do it?

Last edited:

bdawg

You have this odd misconception that the nation owes you a profitable business model. Raise wages until the positions are filled. If you can't do that, then shut down. Displacing Americans with imported slaves is not an option on the table.

I'm doing rather well for myself, but I am not OK with pigs like you undermining the nation and mooching off my tax money. I hope ICE raids you and you do a stint in the can.

Wasn't your nation built on free slave labour?

zztr

Wasn't your nation built on free slave labour?

Slavery greatly retarded the economic development of the regions that had it. And ultimately the most expensive and destructive war in American history was fought to end it. So, no, it's exactly the opposite.

D

Deleted member 5487

Economics is only ridiculed as a pseudoscience by people who don't understand it, especially those who can't think through the consequences of what they are proposing. A 100 million deaths at the hands of the Marxists apparently isn't enough to prove the dangers of a government enforced "utopia."

We are all still waiting for some proof that the Laws of Supply and Demand are "just dogmas and ideological impositions." The only ideological imposition I can see is your neo-Marxist belief that workers should be paid according to the risk they incur (or some other arbitrary measure) as opposed to the value of their contribution as determined by the two parties to the exchange.

I sorta of a agree. As an economics/Math major in my third year. There is alot of powerful applicable economic theory out there that the elite use to run the world and control the populace. Strategy,Game theory, Wages,labor..etc.

Now alot of these powerful fields are not taught in economics degrees. Economics majors are given a very limited view into economics, called neo-liberal economics that shape the upcoming economists to serve the established order(gov).

Now Economictric/Physic/Calc based economics are a bit silly. I have taken courses where u learn theortical BS. However these things are very hard to understand so either I cannot grasp the use or it makes platonic sense to the intellectuals. These models are used to confuse the populace of economics, Which is why those uninforned scream "psuedo".

When the field is extremely deep streching back to "Oikonomikos" by Xenoophon in ancient greece. Which was a work on aristocractic house hold management,slaves,money..etc. Economics is used by the elite to control.

Queequeg

People say the same thing about as astrology. It sounds like you've never ready any criticism of economics before.
Astrology lol, and you complain about strawmen? I've read plenty on economics and have never heard of anyone saying that the concepts of supply and demand are "dogmas and ideological impositions."
That's quite the strawman. And it would appear you think there are only two economic systems possible.
I guess that's why capitalism's defenders often can't have a discussion without going off the deep end and invoking the killing fields when anybody starts shaking the tree a bit.
In every instance that a Marxist philosophy has been used to enforce supposedly benign economic principles on the people, the end result has always been mass killings and/or genocide. Thinking that this time would be different is what every revolutionary has claimed, until it wasn't.
http://www.science20.com/gerhard_adam/blog/economic_theory_–_supply_and_demand
This articulates my point quite well- that the 'law' is just a model being applied to a construct. And sometimes falls apart.
That was the most wrong-headed discourse on economics I have read in a long time. I can see why you are getting so confused on basic economics since you are learning it from non-economist ranchers. Try reading an actual economist. Also he doesn't come close to making your point at all. He basically accepts the principles of supply and demand and is only trying to come up with situations where it doesn't hold. None of his examples actually do that by the way.
That can only happen fairly if there is equality between the parties.
Can you show me where I said the government needs to do it?
Only Government has the legal power of coercion. Who else will carry out your mandates? Is it time to call out the Obama Brown Shirts?

Last edited:

Queequeg

Queequeg

Slavery greatly retarded the economic development of the regions that had it. And ultimately the most expensive and destructive war in American history was fought to end it. So, no, it's exactly the opposite.
so true.

Queequeg

I sorta of a agree. As an economics/Math major in my third year. There is alot of powerful applicable economic theory out there that the elite use to run the world and control the populace. Strategy,Game theory, Wages,labor..etc.

Now alot of these powerful fields are not taught in economics degrees. Economics majors are given a very limited view into economics, called neo-liberal economics that shape the upcoming economists to serve the established order(gov).

Now Economictric/Physic/Calc based economics are a bit silly. I have taken courses where u learn theortical BS. However these things are very hard to understand so either I cannot grasp the use or it makes platonic sense to the intellectuals. These models are used to confuse the populace of economics, Which is why those uninforned scream "psuedo".

When the field is extremely deep streching back to "Oikonomikos" by Xenoophon in ancient greece. Which was a work on aristocractic house hold management,slaves,money..etc. Economics is used by the elite to control.
The magician never reveals his secrets.

Queequeg