Ray Peat On Donald Trump

jaa

Manipulation is like being hypnotized. You can’t possibly know it’s happening while being manipulated. If you did, you wouldn’t be manipulated in the first place.

You are worried about the possibility of Trump being corrupt? Hillary, as Secretary of State, shook down many many Nation states and Corporations for contributions to a “charity” that she had a financial interest in. The media did nothing to investigate this other than an article or two. The fact that many people can think that Trump is more corrupt than the Clintons should tell you something about how easily our thoughts can be controlled.

So rather than address my points you just wash them as invalid because propaganda exists and that must mean my views are manipulated to the point where they are invalid (of course, this doesn't apply as much to your own). Oh and don't forget about Hillary again, because she's bad!

You have distorted the world in such a way that it's tilted in favour of your view. Fine. I'm not sure if you actually believe that distortion, or it's an cheap tactic to try and win an argument. Either way, I'm not buying into that nonsense. Peace.

AJC

So rather than address my points you just wash them as invalid because propaganda exists and that must mean my views are manipulated to the point where they are invalid (of course, this doesn't apply as much to your own). Oh and don't forget about Hillary again, because she's bad!

You have distorted the world in such a way that it's tilted in favour of your view. Fine. I'm not sure if you actually believe that distortion, or it's an cheap tactic to try and win an argument. Either way, I'm not buying into that nonsense. Peace.

It's harder to claim someone's views are manipulated when they actually provide evidence for the claim's they're making (hint hint--Russia, "human garbage", etc.)

jaa

It's harder to claim someone's views are manipulated when they actually provide evidence for the claim's they're making (hint hint--Russia, "human garbage", etc.)

Again, rigging the board. Negative thoughts about Trump = propagandised. Thinking the Russian links are suspicious = propagandised.

It's impossible to be critical of Trump in a way his fans would accept as legit.

Ray Peat has a certain way of understanding reality, and every bit of it implies the others. There is a fil rouge that runs between the way he eats, the way he lives, and the way he thinks.

New age woo. You don't need to agree with someone politcally to then agree that veg oils aren't healthy. I take what I like and discard what I don't, as should everyone, with anyone. Like @tyw said:

"Yes, and all I do is take what is useful, and leave the rest. Same with Peter @ Hyperlipid, who is obviously biased as hell towards a low carb approach. I use his mechanics, but not his methodology."

In no way can you coherently reach a different mindset starting from just one or another of his ideas.

Says who? You?

Now if you make of all that quote that he is a libtard hippie

Not necessarily because I would need to know if he supports certain views and actions and to what extent he draws the line. And even still, even if I did conclude that he was, that doesn't mean I'll refuse to read what he has to say about capers in his next newsletter.

then I question how well you understand him when he writes about food.

Kinda rude and weird of you to say. An attempt at an insult but all you do is show that you're angry at me for my political views. Lame.

Last edited:

AJC

Again, rigging the board. Negative thoughts about Trump = propagandised. Thinking the Russian links are suspicious = propagandised.

It's impossible to be critical of Trump in a way his fans would accept as legit.

Critiques and opinions of a person are not propaganda. But when someone makes accusations about someone they become the one with the obligation to prove their claims (think of how the legal system works). That's not rigging the board. I don't really think anyone here is not willing to examine their views, but when you don't provide evidence for the claims you make you have to expect people won't be very open to hearing your argument...mostly because it's not an argument at that point but simply a string of opinions. These days people act like the weight of their insulting words are evidence enough for their political argument, but most people have stopped falling for that.

jaa

Critiques and opinions of a person are not propaganda. But when someone makes accusations about someone they become the one with the obligation to prove their claims (think of how the legal system works). That's not rigging the board. I don't really think anyone here is not willing to examine their views, but when you don't provide evidence for the claims you make you have to expect people won't be very open to hearing your argument...mostly because it's not an argument at that point but simply a string of opinions. These days people act like the weight of their insulting words are evidence enough for their political argument, but most people have stopped falling for that.

I provided evidence as to why he's unintelligent in his speech patterns. He has narcissistic tendencies which also surface any time he opens his mouth. He always talks about himself and how great he is. This is self evident. He's also a conman as evidenced by TrumpU and the innumerous contractors who have complained about him not paying his bills. All these factors go into why I think he's trash.

As for the Russia links, just read a newspaper. He has lied about Putin, in one way or another, given his conflicting accounts.

Does Trump know Putin? A chronology.

And people around him are dropping like flies because they continue to lie about meeting with Russians. It's a tad suspect.

Not to mention the fact that the intelligence communities issued a report stating that Russia attempted to influence the election in favour of Trump.

Did Putin Direct Russian Hacking? And Other Big Questions

And of course Trump's bizarre pro-Russian talk and false-equivalencies "America has done bad things too"

And of course the "win-win" situation Trump found himself in where Russian oligarch's pay him way too much money for things in times when it's purported his personal finances aren't doing so hot.

Donald Trump's ties to Russia go back 30 years

Oh and the refusal to disclose tax returns is even more suspicious in light of all this.

Trump being trash is indisputable. It's on camera for all to see whenever he opens his mouth. Which he does a surprising amount for a man with such little of substance to say.

The Russian suspicion could be part of a global elite strategy. And this whole message board and even Ray himself could be russian fronts and agents to make you believe there's nothing to see between DTJ and Russia. It's not impossible, but you can literally account for anything with any made up fairytale if you want to start going down that path. You have to judge evidence for what it's worth. And if you can explain things away as part of a giant elite conspiracy, no matter how much more complicated that makes things, you are not doing any better than the ancients (or moderns) who would explain away natural phenoma with "because god".

x-ray peat

As far as I can tell, your one point is that Trump is a horrible person and that is why you hate him. Which other points did I miss? I got the one about him being human garbage. Him being dumb or the bottom 1% of people? It doesn’t seem you realize how hard it is to become a billionaire from a million dollar start or how about getting elected as President. He is smarter and more capable than both of us combined. As for him being in debt to Russia, there is zero evidence for that but just like all good propaganda the media's repeating it over and over has made it "true".

Again the reason to look at Hillary is that it shows the clear bias of the media and how it is clearly responsible for the incredible number of rabid Trump haters. Unlike Trump, Hillary actually did help the Russians and endangered US security when one of the many bribes to the Clinton Foundation led to the sale of some of our largest Uranium mines to the Russians; Flashback: When the Clintons Loved Russia Enough to Sell Them Our Uranium - Breitbart. I would have linked to a MSM story on this, but the few articles that actually covered it bent over backwards to cover for her even though there is a clear quid-pro-quo. Her foundation got $145 million in bribes connected to the approval of this deal. Many other CF bribes had similar results. Her ties to the Muslim Brotherhood are even more stark. Obama's and Clinton's ties to the Muslim Brotherhood - The Independent But you and half of the rest of the country think a few phone calls to the Russian Ambassador are much worse. This is media manipulation, and sadly half the country is falling for it.

That Saturday Night Live skit is a good example of how extreme the anti-Trump contingent can get. I have a feeling that many of the more rabid Trump haters would think it justified in shooting the pro-Trump dog. Madonna certainly would have.

As for me distorting the world, I’m not sure what you are actually referring to but I can tell you that I am not that powerful, unlike the MSM, which is obviously quite capable of that.

Peace be upon you.

Last edited:

jaa

It doesn’t seem you realize how hard it is to become a billionaire from a million dollar start or how about getting elected as President.

He started with $40M in 1974. If he got a market return for that it would be worth $750M in 2016. Given his connections and everything else he was gifted, no, it's not that impressive if he's managed to become a billionaire. But I'm not willing to give him credit for that since he hasn't released his tax returns. He says he's a billionaire, but he says a lot of things that aren't true in order to prop himself up. If we factor it by the huge crowds fiasco, he is much less than a billionaire.

It is very difficult to become president. I'll give him that. I don't buy that makes him smart even if he's master manipulator. His speech is a window into his consciousness. He does not think well or think clearly. He is good at projecting confidence when he should have none. He's a con man who found himself in a particularly fortunate time where that confidence and populist appeal could win the day.

The Clinton's are opportunists, I'll give you that. They aren't desirable politicians either. But c'mon man, Brietbart? Here's Snopes:

FACT CHECK: Hillary Clinton Gave 20 Percent of United States' Uranium to Russia in Exchange for Clinton Foundation Donations?

You can't have it both ways. You can't claim Clinton is in Russia's pocket and wants to start WW3 with Russia.

Donald Trump: Hillary's Syria Policy Would Lead to 'World War Three' - Breitbart

Ties to the Muslim Brotherhood? Please provide a source that doesn't look like a 13 yo's website.

I have a good idea of why you think the way you do. Your sources of information are very poor. This fake news era is bleak.

You don't need to agree with someone politcally to then agree that veg oils aren't healthy. I take what I like and discard what I don't, as should everyone, with anyone

So you wouldn't need to agree with someone on vegetable oils to agree with them politically. Then where is the truth? If even our internal beliefs are incompatible with one another?

Care to elaborate?

I don't think my original was as clear as it could have been, but I see the opposite of clutching at straws--trying to bite off too much at once.

A lot of this now 7 pages revolves around globalism/protectionism. Most of what I am trying to do is argue that is a false dichotomy. IOW, let's quit arguing over whether we want an old-fashioned "worker" based class system or a nebulous globalist system where class differences are greater than ever, but mystified and hard to see. Both suck. Let's find a way forward.

You can't remove class differences without seizing wealth...

managing

crooked Hillary and her rapist pedophile husband.
In all seriousness, you do yourself a discredit with statements like this. You've put together some coherent ideas. Although I disagree with many, I've considered them credible. Until you lob garbage like this.

"Crooked Hilary" is canned campaign speech with no basis in fact. So is calling (Bill) Clinton a rapist. Allegations were made in a political context. Serious allegations. I don't dismiss them simply because they were never proven. But likewise, you can't act as if they were proven. As for pedophile, I've never heard this charge before???? Unless you mean Monica Lewinsky who was many years past the age of majority when her relations with Clinton occurred. Again, a tawdry and ugly matter that cannot be dismissed. But pedophilia? C'mon.

Like I said, you discredit yourself with hyperbole. Speak your own mind, not MSM drivel.

managing

I repeat: What Russian Stuff? What on earth are you talking about?

This is no small matter. You are culpable in potentially great harm when you spread these dangerous smears and insinuations. Are they slanderous? What exactly is the accusation you are making?
@jaa , when the thought police come @zztr will be turning you in . . .

managing

you would much rather compare Trump to a mythical president or saint rather than who we had as the alternative.
I'd be happy to compare Trump's character to that of a real president. Or how about the last 10 president's.

My tally would be this:
Scumbags
Trump
Clinton
Kennedy
Nixon

Somewhat Lacking Character
Johnson
Reagan

Good Character
GHW Bush
GW Bush
Obama
Ford

How does that work for you?

managing

Manipulation is like being hypnotized. You can’t possibly know it’s happening while being manipulated. If you did, you wouldn’t be manipulated in the first place.
So . . . . how do you know you aren't the one being hypnotized, LOL.

AJC

I provided evidence as to why he's unintelligent in his speech patterns. He has narcissistic tendencies which also surface any time he opens his mouth. He always talks about himself and how great he is. This is self evident. He's also a conman as evidenced by TrumpU and the innumerous contractors who have complained about him not paying his bills. All these factors go into why I think he's trash.

As for the Russia links, just read a newspaper. He has lied about Putin, in one way or another, given his conflicting accounts.

Does Trump know Putin? A chronology.

And people around him are dropping like flies because they continue to lie about meeting with Russians. It's a tad suspect.

Not to mention the fact that the intelligence communities issued a report stating that Russia attempted to influence the election in favour of Trump.

Did Putin Direct Russian Hacking? And Other Big Questions

And of course Trump's bizarre pro-Russian talk and false-equivalencies "America has done bad things too"

And of course the "win-win" situation Trump found himself in where Russian oligarch's pay him way too much money for things in times when it's purported his personal finances aren't doing so hot.

Donald Trump's ties to Russia go back 30 years

Oh and the refusal to disclose tax returns is even more suspicious in light of all this.

Trump being trash is indisputable. It's on camera for all to see whenever he opens his mouth. Which he does a surprising amount for a man with such little of substance to say.

The Russian suspicion could be part of a global elite strategy. And this whole message board and even Ray himself could be russian fronts and agents to make you believe there's nothing to see between DTJ and Russia. It's not impossible, but you can literally account for anything with any made up fairytale if you want to start going down that path. You have to judge evidence for what it's worth. And if you can explain things away as part of a giant elite conspiracy, no matter how much more complicated that makes things, you are not doing any better than the ancients (or moderns) who would explain away natural phenoma with "because god".

Thank you for providing some sources as to your claims. I don't exactly agree with the conclusions of the authors of the sources, but that's what free will is for. Thanks for backing up your words.

sladerunner69

It is undeniably clear that Dr. Peat is a devout trump follower, so to all of you who are attempting to posit otherwise please just cease and accept that Peat is all about making america great again. Seriously you boys are beginning to do yourself a disservice and just look straight up foolish.

managing

It is undeniably clear that Dr. Peat is a devout trump follower, so to all of you who are attempting to posit otherwise please just cease and accept that Peat is all about making america great again. Seriously you boys are beginning to do yourself a disservice and just look straight up foolish.
I don't give a flying leap what RP says other than "Perceive. Think. Act" which is exactly what I am doing. I think you are reading ridiculous things into what RP said, but I ultimately don't give a flying F***. Is that clear? Your doing yourself a disservice by claiming to be able to read other's minds.

Perceive. Think. Act. For yourself. Don't let others do it for you.

Simonsays

FAKE NEWS . Sad! Clickbait. Stop it now, not biting! Devout i like that one, devout! Very good.

Or i'll start posting well founded FACTUAL (saw it on you tube) reports that Trump is nothing more than a paid Zionist Freemason stooge deluding the gullible..

x-ray peat

He started with $40M in 1974. If he got a market return for that it would be worth $750M in 2016. Given his connections and everything else he was gifted, no, it's not that impressive if he's managed to become a billionaire. But I'm not willing to give him credit for that since he hasn't released his tax returns. He says he's a billionaire, but he says a lot of things that aren't true in order to prop himself up. If we factor it by the huge crowds fiasco, he is much less than a billionaire .

It is very difficult to become president. I'll give him that. I don't buy that makes him smart even if he's master manipulator. His speech is a window into his consciousness. He does not think well or think clearly. He is good at projecting confidence when he should have none. He's a con man who found himself in a particularly fortunate time where that confidence and populist appeal could win the day.
This is more of the MSM anti-Trump reality distortion field and evidence of your MSM derived bias. How could anyone who wasn’t propagandized look at all his business, media and political successes and still dismiss him as dumb or incapable? You are far from being objective. As for his Billionaire status Im sure you know better than Forbes: The Definitive Net Worth Of Donald Trump.
The Clinton's are opportunists, I'll give you that. They aren't desirable politicians either. But c'mon man, Brietbart? Here's Snopes:
FACT CHECK: Hillary Clinton Gave 20 Percent of United States' Uranium to Russia in Exchange for Clinton Foundation Donations?

You can't have it both ways. You can't claim Clinton is in Russia's pocket and wants to start WW3 with Russia.

Donald Trump: Hillary's Syria Policy Would Lead to 'World War Three' - Breitbart

Ties to the Muslim Brotherhood? Please provide a source that doesn't look like a 13 yo's website.

I have a good idea of why you think the way you do. Your sources of information are very poor. This fake news era is bleak.
This is often the problem when trying to debate a subject with those who will only look at MSM content. By restricting yourself to the media oligopoly you only see what they want you to see. If you call every alternative news source fake news without even reading it or investigating it you will always be stuck in the MSM manufactured reality. I bet you couldn’t find one statement of fact in those articles that is demonstrably incorrect. There are laws against libel after all.

Using the MSM or Snopes to supposedly debunk alternative news sites is like asking a cardiologist about the dangers of statins. They both will lie to you and if they don’t they would lose their job. Again this is why Ray calls the culture a “control system, programmed to maintain the class system.” If you can’t step out of the MSM control system you will never know the control system even exists. Are you still cooking in corn oil and eating tofu?

As for reliable sources, Snopes? And you call my sources poor? No matter how they try to spin it, Hillary and Bill received $145 million form entities associated with the Uranium company in question. She wrote in an email that the sale would harm US national security but somehow miraculously changed here mind after the massive donations. This is just one example of the CF taking bribes/donations from entities with business before the State Department. Anyone else would be in jail for that.

Since you couldn’t bother to read the other source from a Utah newspaper here are two more showing connections to the Muslim Brotherhood. And yes here to the MSM has several articles that try to cover it up. And btw the Clintons, being opportunistic as you say, would have no problem giving away strategic assets to the Russians even if they were on the door steps of the White house. Do a little research on the technology Bill gave away to China when he was in office in exchange for massive campaign donations from Chinese Nationals.

https://nypost.com/2016/08/21/huma-abedin-worked-at-a-radical-muslim-journal-for-10-years/
Inside the Ring: Muslim Brotherhood has Obama’s secret support