Ray Peat On Donald Trump

managing

He didn't mention the electoral college, so I'm not sure what you're referencing.

I do think his point that Trump tried to frame the issues in terms of social class is accurate, but the actual take away from the election was that non-whites in America will overwhelmingly vote for ethnic interests over class interests. It's not a top down system of control imposed by the CIA or whatever else he was insinuating. This is simply what happens in multi-ethnic democracies all over the world. Political parties coalesce on the basis of competing identities, not class. Peat is naive if he hasn't noticed this rather obvious pattern and attributes it to some elite trick of control.
Just to play devil's advocate, those competing identities COULD be class based. You yourself started by acknowledging that Trump played social class. I would add that this shouldn't be confused with socio-economic class AND it inevitably mixed in loads of race and ethnic identity as well. Nearly none of Trump's constituency identifies with him economically (or, more appropriately, he doesn't identify with them economically).

managing

In short, don't come crying to us when crazy people start WW3. See if your libtard Trudeau will help you. See if your Canuck military will be able to do anything.

Oh, well if Trudeau is a libtard, that makes you correct! Cool, just call people names et voila! you are superior. That. Is. So. Cool. Must remember for next argument. Why didn't I learn that in school?

whodathunkit

I think you are reading a whole lot into the word "shock" in that RP quote. I'm not saying that I know what he DID intend. But I doubt it was as you unpacked it.
Maybe so. Again, it was a drive by post. So far I've been told I'm reading wrongly into it, my reading comprehension is faulty, and that I'm ignorant as to the actual meaning of the word "electoral". None of which, I can assure EVERYONE, is the case. However, if I could delete that post, I would. God forbid anyone take what Ray says out of context or not fully flesh out a thought in a couple of drive by posts during breaks in a busy day.

I would say pop culture is a low energy underlying drive in humans,the titles and visuals may have changed slightly overtime but it's low energy,no attention span,can't maintain patterns in the Brain for very long.

67181855.jpg

Pop culture targets the primal parts of the human brain. As does advertising.
Flashing colors.
Sex.
Violence.
Shame.
Wealth, etc.

It's psychic pollution on par with the smog in china.

A culture built on the refuse of hollywood and advertising agencies would result in the kind of people you see today. They can barely think.

Why has no one in this thread mentioned the federal reserve banking system that rules the economy and thus the political system of this country?

Why has trump not mentioned it?

Trump is just another concierge for hotel Americana. Don't confuse him for the manager, let alone the owner.

Queequeg

I do think his point that Trump tried to frame the issues in terms of social class is accurate, but the actual take away from the election was that non-whites in America will overwhelmingly vote for ethnic interests over class interests. It's not a top down system of control imposed by the CIA or whatever else he was insinuating. This is simply what happens in multi-ethnic democracies all over the world. Political parties coalesce on the basis of competing identities, not class. Peat is naive if he hasn't noticed this rather obvious pattern and attributes it to some elite trick of control.
Trump spoke about outsourcing of jobs, bad trade deals, and unrestricted illegal immigration of low-skilled labor; all of these are class issues that have been ignored by the globablists who would rather distract us with wedge issues that will never be resolved. People didn't vote for Trump because he is white or that they are racist but rather because he was a demagogue that appealed to their class interests. Dividing the people along ethnic, religious or other identity lines is the oldest trick in the book to dis-empower us. I don't think that Ray is the naive one.

Last edited:

Gl;itch.e

Why has no one in this thread mentioned the federal reserve banking system that rules the economy and thus the political system of this country?

Why has trump not mentioned it?
Head in sand. You talk about the economy not being so hot and not being able to repay your national debt and people will lose their minds! Instead like the last few administrations you guys will probably keep printing money to try and escape the inevitable. Unfortunately it might not be possible to hold back the next crash during Trumps presidency, and even though technically its not his fault but the last few presidents before him, he will probably get the blame.

managing

Maybe so. Again, it was a drive by post. So far I've been told I'm reading wrongly into it, my reading comprehension is faulty, and that I'm ignorant as to the actual meaning of the word "electoral". None of which, I can assure EVERYONE, is the case. However, if I could delete that post, I would. God forbid anyone take what Ray says out of context or not fully flesh out a thought in a couple of drive by posts during breaks in a busy day.
I said you were reading too much, not wrongly. I am saying the context just isn't there to interpret it the way you did (or not to). And you can't assure me you aren't reading too much into it any more than I can assure you that you are (which, obviously, I cannot). It appears you don't like to be disagreed with, so for that, I apologize. Peace.

managing

Wow! Well this puts an end to any speculation, which was always weak, that Ray is a leftist or leftist sympathizer of any kind. What you have here is a complete validation of Donald Trump as the president of the United States and a statement to the rationality of the American people that elected him.

In addition you have a complete repudiation of the vile left, lead by Hillary Clinton whom he accurately describes as being delivered by deep state CIA treachery and FBI thuggery at the expense of a brain washed and controlled public. He even puts the -globalists- in quotes indicating they are not what they seem to be, what a riot:p
But the kicker is Peat thinks people might finally wake up so there is hope for the future!

Ray Peat right again and the Donald too. Now say after me...it was all the Russians fault, the Russians did it...what a hoot!
Dude, I think you are hearing only what you want to hear. The question was about authoritarianism. I think he could be paraphrased as saying the system itself is authoritarian and whomever the president would be is going to be a lynch pin in the authoritarian system. He is definitely refuting a popular notion that Hilary would have somehow magically been less authoritarian. But, uh, this is anti-government, not pro-Trump.

managing

Yeah well we'll see what Trump does in the next few months and years. I don't think Ray has any affinity with those working in politics, but it seems like he saw this radical change as something which could bring, later on, a deeper reflection on how a government should actually work.
Can you supply reference, quote, or something that indicates Peat is optimistic that something good will come of Trum admin, or even that it is a "radical change"?

managing

yea I mean they exist but to identify with one or the other always being right, or to not leave open the option that both are wrong and theres a better way excludes thinking...I know nearly everyone is colored by a potentially selfish interest or interest only b y who funds them and things and that isn't ideal if you are looking at actually doing the best thing...for me it isn't too hard, just have good intentions and do whats right against a grain even, but few can do this...it might be a metabolic energy or constipation issue! (amongst other things like just lack of will to leap into that so to speak). Personally its the most grounding thing but to many the right thing seems like a leap 'out of reality' but its actually the most tangible thing if you are gonna do the right thing many of the times. Make sure everyone has an adequate food supply that provides all the nutrients they need, a clean water source, sewage...eliminate oppression, then its like wheres the motivation to fight or start war? then from there its simply lets make everything better and as good as can naturally and at a reasonable natural pace. Yet theres those in power that potentially wouldn't want that cause then theyd have to either admit they have done wrong in the past or that they are in fact gonna have to be on a fair level playing field which might expose them or their weaknesses, or like they think theyd be left in the dark if their source of power was removed by the so called 'regular people'...but again if people aren't suffering on a fundamental level, deprived, or oppressed, I think their inclination to be fair goes way up
Well said. I wish there were simply a "like" button. Easier faster feedback.

managing

Pretty sure Trump is all for smaller government. Therefore anti-government in this instance is pro-trump
Talk about painting with a broad brush! Bush was all for smaller government. So was Obama. Virtually never happens. So far Trump has only expanded government, or attempted to. I'll grant you that its still early. But, again, absolutely no justification from your brush strokes that Peat's words were pro (or anti) Trump. They were anti-government. In fact, he isn't addressing the "size" of government, if that is even a coherent concept. RP would see a takedown of the entire system. He doesn't really address what he would replace it with. But I doubt it looks like an angry Cheeto or a Clinton dynasty.

Queequeg

Can you supply reference, quote, or something that indicates Peat is optimistic that something good will come of Trum admin, or even that it is a "radical change"?
Ray Peat: "Trump’s focus on class issues helped to enfuriate his opposition, but didn’t stop people from voting. If class becomes a continuing part of political discussion, it might lead toward a restoration of democracy.

I’m hoping that the recent electoral shock will stimulate some new kinds of critical philosophical thinking. Understanding the culture as a control system, programmed to maintain the class system, is a first step toward discovering what we, as organisms in a half-destroyed ecosystem, really need, and what we can want and intend."

michael94

Head in sand. You talk about the economy not being so hot and not being able to repay your national debt and people will lose their minds! Instead like the last few administrations you guys will probably keep printing money to try and escape the inevitable. Unfortunately it might not be possible to hold back the next crash during Trumps presidency, and even though technically its not his fault but the last few presidents before him, he will probably get the blame.
The last few presidents before him...LOL. There are much more fundamental issues with the economy than those discussed on the television. For example, the federal reserve and fractional reserve banking system have been fleecing honest citizens for much longer than the last few presidents. Both systems create money out of thin air to be loaned out and payed back AT INTEREST. lol. No risk all reward for them. National debt is a FRAUD and should be treated as such.

Gl;itch.e

The last few presidents before him...LOL. There are much more fundamental issues with the economy than those discussed on the television. For example, the federal reserve and fractional reserve banking system have been fleecing honest citizens for much longer than the last few presidents. Both systems create money out of thin air to be loaned out and payed back AT INTEREST. lol. No risk all reward for them. National debt is a FRAUD and should be treated as such.
Oh I understand and agree, but the monetary creation that has really put the US beyond the point of no return was done relatively recently. The problem is that joe public only knows what they are told and most people will mistakenly blame whatever current president is in power at the time of each crisis.

Mufasa

Here is message from my government to Donald Trump:

If you are an American, please send it to him (or tweed him), it's important!

managing

Ray Peat: "Trump’s focus on class issues helped to enfuriate his opposition, but didn’t stop people from voting. If class becomes a continuing part of political discussion, it might lead toward a restoration of democracy.

I’m hoping that the recent electoral shock will stimulate some new kinds of critical philosophical thinking. Understanding the culture as a control system, programmed to maintain the class system, is a first step toward discovering what we, as organisms in a half-destroyed ecosystem, really need, and what we can want and intend."
It's fair to take from this that Peat favors the centrality of class to the political discussion. Trump and Sanders both can take credit for re-introducing class to political discourse.

Queequeg

It's fair to take from this that Peat favors the centrality of class to the political discussion. Trump and Sanders both can take credit for re-introducing class to political discourse.
True but in very different ways. Assuming that they are not both full of it, Bernie was mostly advocating a hand out while Trump was advocating a hand up.

managing

True but in very different ways. Assuming that they are not both full of it, Bernie was mostly advocating a hand out while Trump was advocating a hand up.
But now you are introducing politics into the discussion. I'm not trying to split hairs or be a jerk, but this is where I think people are reading too much into the RP quote that kicked this off. I only see Peat saying that he wants to see class being the centerpiece of the conversation. I don't see him advocating for the politics of anybody.

The possible exception is his appreciation of Trump opposing war with Russia. In and of itself, that is fine. However, I didn't actually see anybody advocating war with Russia. And now Trump wants to multiply our nuke capabilities. Of course, he says he doesn't want to use them, but neither did Hilary, or any other candidate I am aware of. So, so much for Trump "changing the course of the empire". And I don't think its because some nefarious intelligence community has manipulated him into this position. Plus Trump and Bannon make more noise about armed conflict with China than any other president or candidate has ever made about armed conflict with Russia.