Ray Peat On Donald Trump

Ledo

Wow! Well this puts an end to any speculation, which was always weak, that Ray is a leftist or leftist sympathizer of any kind. What you have here is a complete validation of Donald Trump as the president of the United States and a statement to the rationality of the American people that elected him.

In addition you have a complete repudiation of the vile left, lead by Hillary Clinton whom he accurately describes as being delivered by deep state CIA treachery and FBI thuggery at the expense of a brain washed and controlled public. He even puts the -globalists- in quotes indicating they are not what they seem to be, what a riot:p
But the kicker is Peat thinks people might finally wake up so there is hope for the future!

Ray Peat right again and the Donald too. Now say after me...it was all the Russians fault, the Russians did it...what a hoot!

How holistic of you

Eating nutritions foods, avoiding chemicals and being into natural health doesn't mean that you have to be a libtard "hippie."

There are many conservative people who like health food/natural living. A perfect example is this woman. Although from a quick glance she may look like a feminist SJW crazy, she is anything but, and she's very much into natural living.

I love this woman:

Last edited:
Wow! Well this puts an end to any speculation, which was always weak, that Ray is a leftist or leftist sympathizer of any kind. What you have here is a complete validation of Donald Trump as the president of the United States and a statement to the rationality of the American people that elected him.

In addition you have a complete repudiation of the vile left, lead by Hillary Clinton whom he accurately describes as being delivered by deep state CIA treachery and FBI thuggery at the expense of a brain washed and controlled public. He even puts the -globalists- in quotes indicating they are not what they seem to be, what a riot:p
But the kicker is Peat thinks people might finally wake up so there is hope for the future!

Ray Peat right again and the Donald too. Now say after me...it was all the Russians fault, the Russians did it...what a hoot!

Not sure if serious.

You must have missed this.

Ledo

You can play your little worm games all you want , you lose this one big League.:inpain:

Did I leave off the part where the big bad RIGHT is just pretend opposition to the leftist progressive scum currently flooding Europe full of jihadists and wrecking the minds and hearts of collage age kids worldwide? So sorry.

x-ray peat

@Simonsays @x-ray peat You guys are being too easy on Peat or you misread or misunderstood when he said this:

"Presidents, including Clinton and Obama, have been saying that the US is a post-racist society, and that no remedial federal activity is needed. Now the Democrats have the partisan stimulus to start advocating concrete measures to improve the situation for blacks and other minorities, things that they opposed when they had opportunities."

“Identity politics” has been a powerful way to distract people from their economic interests. As soon as M.L. King made the issue class, rather than race, he was killed. Many prominent “leftists” have been agents of the FBI or CIA, in the promotion of that cultural confusion."

"Slavery and the annihilation of the native population were part of the context of their understanding of liberty."
"The Occupy movement was manipulated away from making any demands that would have had the possibility to turn it into a party and gain broad support—much of the 99%, maybe half of the voters—could have seen it as their representative, leaving the other parties to divide the other half. The requirement for consensus allowed many special issues to be heard, but it kept the essential mass demands from being made. The FBI papers that were released under FOIA showed that the powers had identified the leaders at the beginning of the demonstrations, and had snipers ready to eliminate them if they became a threat, but the government organized the police to suppress the movement without having to kill the leaders, and the lack of specific political demands kept it from spreading. Organized action is essential, but I think it has to work like an organism, with learning and thinking integrated with action. Dissent has to be accepted within the movement, to permit the bulk of it to take action, while the dissenters keep working on their issues. Several groups with several demands wouldn’t keep the larger group from succeeding with the goals they have in common, such things as eliminating the absolute power of the ruling class. Julian Assange said “Parties should be fun. They should put the word party back into politics.” The political party should be something integral to life."

I'm very disappointed to read that Peat wrote those things. He's out of touch with what's really going on with the left today. I wonder if he supports the vitriol and violence coming from the left right now. Sigh. Oh well. I like Peat for his views on natural health, not politics.
What exactly are we not understanding? I agree with him that both the left and right are manipulated to the benefit of the ruling classes. I am only surprised when he falls back into the fake left/right paradigm as in that quote where he seems to think that the Occupy Movement was anything more than controlled opposition. IMO this is what Ray thinks of the today's left.
"Many prominent “leftists” have been agents of the FBI or CIA, in the promotion of that cultural confusion."

Last edited:

pboy

couldn't it be said anyone adhering strongly to one side or the other is gonna eventually inherently hit a flaw or too? People and life isn't a one side or the other thing...its like saying your liver and extroverted output sense is all good or your kidneys and spleen and detoxifying side is all good, your right brain is good and left brain bad, or the other way around. Theres intelligence that incorporates a big picture in everything and life requires balance skill and higher incorporation so anyone that adheres to one side or the other is pretty much gonna be wrong eventually, and probably currently in some ways. Why not address each thing just intelligently on the spot with no prior knowledge or care of what is 'left' or 'right'...inflexible thought is not a good thing ever really, in fact it indicates the absence of thought. 'Left' people want to be seen as 'good people doing the right thing' and 'Right' people want to be looked at as tough and manly and things, but both clearly have many flaws for the most part, which is really just their human fundamental flaws...and it manifests through them identifying with one side and saying things, but really again the inability to independently, actually think and reason, and have a bigger more intelligent picture in mind, is sort of the problem. If you are unable to do that its better to be honest and say I'm not really sure on that issue id say maybe x or y but I don't really know totally x or y, instead of staunchly saying something simply because it fits the quota of the side you've identified with...that's really kind of dumb and the kind of thing that leads to harsh action or barriers, obstructions, to good real thinking people that would do the right thing to do the right thing

Wagner83

Yeah well we'll see what Trump does in the next few months and years. I don't think Ray has any affinity with those working in politics, but it seems like he saw this radical change as something which could bring, later on, a deeper reflection on how a government should actually work.

i8bs

There are some good points made in this thread. Admittedly, I'm a little trigger happy...worn out with dummies calling to overthrow the electoral college because they don't like the outcome from it. I do agree that the first paragraph was pretty good but by the time I got to the last one in the OP I was like screw it. Comment!

However, I still think Peat was referring to the electoral college, otherwise he would have chosen the word "election" instead of electoral. Basically, it was the electoral college that pulled the rug out from under the "elites".

Also freely admit I should have read the whole transcript before commenting. Drive by commenting is rarely productive. In the context of what I've read so far, he comes off a little better at least on the outcome of the election.

As for the rest of the interview...sheesh. Not even going to go there. Have fun, y'all!
You should admit that your reading comprehension isn't that great and work on it

Ledo

couldn't it be said anyone adhering strongly to one side or the other is gonna eventually inherently hit a flaw or too? People and life isn't a one side or the other thing...its like saying your liver and extroverted output sense is all good or your kidneys and spleen and detoxifying side is all good, your right brain is good and left brain bad, or the other way around. Theres intelligence that incorporates a big picture in everything and life requires balance skill and higher incorporation so anyone that adheres to one side or the other is pretty much gonna be wrong eventually, and probably currently in some ways. Why not address each thing just intelligently on the spot with no prior knowledge or care of what is 'left' or 'right'...inflexible thought is not a good thing ever really, in fact it indicates the absence of thought. 'Left' people want to be seen as 'good people doing the right thing' and 'Right' people want to be looked at as tough and manly and things, but both clearly have many flaws for the most part, which is really just their human fundamental flaws...and it manifests through them identifying with one side and saying things, but really again the inability to independently, actually think and reason, and have a bigger more intelligent picture in mind, is sort of the problem. If you are unable to do that its better to be honest and say I'm not really sure on that issue id say maybe x or y but I don't really know totally x or y, instead of staunchly saying something simply because it fits the quota of the side you've identified with...that's really kind of dumb and the kind of thing that leads to harsh action or barriers, obstructions, to good real thinking people that would do the right thing to do the right thing
pboy, thou has forsaken amazoniac.

The left and the right are real as Ray alludes to here.

Ray Peat: Their biggest achievement has probably been to obliterate coherent thinking about the meaning of “left” and “right” in politics. --------

But he clearly states there has been no real expression of what they actually are since the the two began using state power to co-opt all reference to class in the USA and that this has been going on for a very long time.

Ray Peat: “Identity politics” has been a powerful way to distract people from their economic interests. As soon as M.L. King made the issue class, rather than race, he was killed. Many prominent “leftists” have been agents of the FBI or CIA, in the promotion of that cultural confusion. ---------

Ray is not saying much about Donald Trump other than he is an encouraging break from the current paradigm of left-right as represented by the clinton and bush families. He certainly is not saying Donald Trump is an authentic representative of the right (he is not) who beat the same on the left.

Ray Peat: I’m hoping that the recent electoral shock will stimulate some new kinds of critical philosophical thinking. Understanding the culture as a control system, programmed to maintain the class system, is a first step toward discovering what we, as organisms in a half-destroyed ecosystem, really need, and what we can want and intend. -------

It must be understood this wasn't a globalist spawn election of Jeb p*ssy Bush vs. Hillrat psycho clinton. Jeb (this is not who we are traitor p*ssy) was flushed pronto by the American people even though he had a 120 million warchest which got him 1 electoral vote, not because we were so dumb we couldn't see how great Jeb slow bought off by Saudi oil money a*s Bush was, he was flushed because we could see exactly what Ray was talking about in the interview namely that the right had been taken over by the same power that got the left and that the Donald was the most rational choice out of nothing but bad alternatives. THE LEFT MISSED THIS WHOLE gosh darned POINT!!!!!!!!!!! and still thinks Obama wasn't a bought off globalist plant and the left voted for Hillary Clinton and all she stands for. All the war to protect dollar and petro dollar hegemony, all the derivatives and financialization to steal money from the middle class, all the rape of healthcare system for profit and death control, and mostly for all the money printing. Yet Hillary was going to be a good leftist and play identity politics and promise to end the concept of gender and replace it with gender fluidity so that little boys could be screwed with in critical develop stages of life...what a gal. Before you call the right stupid look who actually voted for Hillthug clinton...there is your stupid.

There are I think profound differences between left and right and those differences could form an optimal society in the sense of for the best in the best of all possible worlds but we are no where close to that because of the takeover. Paid trolls are here to help hide that point from you.

Last edited:

whodathunkit

You should admit that your reading comprehension isn't that great and work on it
My reading comprehension's just fine, thanks. So is my intution, which is telling me you should admit that you're a know-nothing little troll (7 posts and already saying things like this) lacking in basic social skills while living in mommy's basement. You need to work on *that*.

It was a drive-by post (just like this one). Get over it.

pboy

pboy, thou has forsaken amazoniac.

The left and the right are real as Ray alludes to here.

Ray Peat: Their biggest achievement has probably been to obliterate coherent thinking about the meaning of “left” and “right” in politics. --------

But he clearly states there has been no real expression of what they actually are since the the two began using state power to co-opt all reference to class in the USA and that this has been going on for a very long time.

Ray Peat: “Identity politics” has been a powerful way to distract people from their economic interests. As soon as M.L. King made the issue class, rather than race, he was killed. Many prominent “leftists” have been agents of the FBI or CIA, in the promotion of that cultural confusion. ---------

Ray is not saying much about Donald Trump other than he is an encouraging break from the current paradigm of left-right as represented by the clinton and bush families. He certainly is not saying Donald Trump is an authentic representative of the right (he is not) who beat the same on the left.

Ray Peat: I’m hoping that the recent electoral shock will stimulate some new kinds of critical philosophical thinking. Understanding the culture as a control system, programmed to maintain the class system, is a first step toward discovering what we, as organisms in a half-destroyed ecosystem, really need, and what we can want and intend. -------

It must be understood this wasn't a globalist spawn election of Jeb p*ssy Bush vs. Hillrat psycho clinton. Jeb (this is not who we are traitor p*ssy) was flushed pronto by the American people even though he had a 120 million warchest which got him 1 electoral vote, not because we were so dumb we couldn't see how great Jeb slow bought off by Saudi oil money a*s Bush was, he was flushed because we could see exactly what Ray was talking about in the interview namely that the right had been taken over by the same power that got the left and that the Donald was the most rational choice out of nothing but bad alternatives. THE LEFT MISSED THIS WHOLE gosh darned POINT!!!!!!!!!!! and still thinks Obama wasn't a bought off globalist plant and the left voted for Hillary Clinton and all she stands for. All the war to protect dollar and petro dollar hegemony, all the derivatives and financialization to steal money from the middle class, all the rape of healthcare system for profit and death control, and mostly for all the money printing. Yet Hillary was going to be a good leftist and play identity politics and promise to end the concept of gender and replace it with gender fluidity so that little boys could be screwed with in critical develop stages of life...what a gal. Before you call the right stupid look who actually voted for Hillthug clinton...there is your stupid.

There are I think profound differences between left and right and those differences could form an optimal society in the sense of for the best in the best of all possible worlds but we are no where close to that because of the takeover. Paid trolls are here to help hide that point from you.

yea I mean they exist but to identify with one or the other always being right, or to not leave open the option that both are wrong and theres a better way excludes thinking...I know nearly everyone is colored by a potentially selfish interest or interest only b y who funds them and things and that isn't ideal if you are looking at actually doing the best thing...for me it isn't too hard, just have good intentions and do whats right against a grain even, but few can do this...it might be a metabolic energy or constipation issue! (amongst other things like just lack of will to leap into that so to speak). Personally its the most grounding thing but to many the right thing seems like a leap 'out of reality' but its actually the most tangible thing if you are gonna do the right thing many of the times. Make sure everyone has an adequate food supply that provides all the nutrients they need, a clean water source, sewage...eliminate oppression, then its like wheres the motivation to fight or start war? then from there its simply lets make everything better and as good as can naturally and at a reasonable natural pace. Yet theres those in power that potentially wouldn't want that cause then theyd have to either admit they have done wrong in the past or that they are in fact gonna have to be on a fair level playing field which might expose them or their weaknesses, or like they think theyd be left in the dark if their source of power was removed by the so called 'regular people'...but again if people aren't suffering on a fundamental level, deprived, or oppressed, I think their inclination to be fair goes way up

Drareg

This has been said before but it always amazes me how we all project our political views upon Ray. I for one do not see him as a Marxist, Anarchist, or Trotskyite. You can recognize class as the key dividing line in politics without being a Marxist or revolutionist. IMO Marxism was funded by the aristocracy to destroy their newly empowered enemies, the Bourgeoisie. That is why Marx never wrote about the abuses of the nobility or the aristocracy even though they had enslaved mankind for thousands of years. The Bourgeoisie were the middle class merchants and industrialists who were responsible for freeing the great mass of men from the boot of their feudal overlords. Workers were not forced to leave the feudal estates for the cities but left voluntarily because those factory jobs though difficult paid a lot more than they made as a peasant. The high living standards we have today are the result of the bourgeoisie. They are not the enemy. In fact the majority of people reading this are bourgeoisie i.e. middle class.

Communism and socialism is just a clever trick to reinstate the feudal era with the same blood lines back in charge. That's why every time its been implemented it always ends up in the same two class dictatorship like during the dark ages. Marx claimed that the Dictatorship of the Proletariat will just magically fade away but this is just a cruel joke. No dictatorship in history has ever just faded away without violent overthrow.

It's incredible right?
They project because they are part of the identity politics he speaks of,it's a vast array of different personas. Having Peat on board with your biases can add power to your group,string him in anyway you can because it's about your personal desire for power,need for attention,need for significance in a world that is not supporting creativity as much as it should,recently the tax on entrepreneurs in most western countries was released,the USA was one of the lowest at over 50% a year,the rest above this,how can they be more creative when their money is siphoned off at that rate? Add to this they can't get funds to open their own place as banks will only lend to those on the ,"cultural hook"(mortgage,married,kid,etc).
It's disease of mind,inherent energy for creativity being suppressed and coming out/venting through extreme causes.

It's part a lack of energy to project forward and energy to reject the introjection from the contemporary "global"environment,said environment are mainly using philosophical ideals and concepts from the past with nothing getting into the mainstream that is some hit original or more coherent with the "real" world/nature. (I'm not implying cliched self sufficient hipster communes).
If they had the energy they would address the suppression and see what is really going on rather than keeping the illusion going of I'm something or going to be something significant, they keep this up because it's now a social norm to have to be on the way to success or face shame from fellow success seekers.

If we discussed the class issue we would see those who are labelled as entrepreneur are generally coming form middle class backgrounds with parents who have a little saved to give the kids a start in most cases,these examples are constantly pushed into society onto working class and welfare class kids who will not get the financial start from their parents.
Entrepreneur means,"risk taker" I believe, are you really a risk taker when it's your parents money, it seems more of a risk for a kid from the working class who has saved until he turned 40,over 20 years saving to open a small cafe with his own money,that's courage and real risk taking entrepreneurial spirit.
There are exceptions to the above examples but in general I feel this is the case worldwide,here is the latest serial entrepreneur and paint some illusory tough background and leave out his parents have a combined income of 120,000 per year for over 45 years. Or he has the backing of a multi millionaire in some cases.
Trump,zuckerburg and bill gates all had financially stable parents,trumps parents were millionaires I believe. Follow the trail of any wealthy individuals and it's rare they come from nothing, oligarchs in Russia were violent mafias who attained monopolies so probably not the example we are looking for,for now.....

it's like that movie "into the wild" the kid is angry with his parents rejection and suppresses this by going to the extremes of making meaning in his life,if only those poisonous Berries he ate were shrooms or wheat with mould he could have lowered serotonin and headed on home and accepted the past,move on.

Drareg

There are some good points made in this thread. Admittedly, I'm a little trigger happy...worn out with dummies calling to overthrow the electoral college because they don't like the outcome from it. I do agree that the first paragraph was pretty good but by the time I got to the last one in the OP I was like screw it. Comment!

However, I still think Peat was referring to the electoral college, otherwise he would have chosen the word "election" instead of electoral. Basically, it was the electoral college that pulled the rug out from under the "elites".

Also freely admit I should have read the whole transcript before commenting. Drive by commenting is rarely productive. In the context of what I've read so far, he comes off a little better at least on the outcome of the election.

As for the rest of the interview...sheesh. Not even going to go there. Have fun, y'all!

As much as you are right about the electoral college Clinton and Trump was still a close call(edit-result) just like Brexit, the anti elite movement may be getting too carried away with victory just yet.
The anti-elite may be in an information bubble full of hubris,same thing that happened the elites,the elites are now wide awake,their bubble has popped.
When votes are almost 50/50 in democracies where voter turnout is poor when you consider the issues at stake,it tells us many are still oblivious to what is going on and can't be bothered,the potential voters are ripe to be exploited through the usual propaganda.
If it's the welfare aspect of Society or those close to poverty that are not voting just think how easily you can get them on your side.

With the rise of all these politically correct campaigns I'm starting to wonder are they another distraction to once again suppress the real issue which is social class, I would much rather associate with an issue that has several celebrities present because I'm living in the big city now and I'm on way to success so the last thing I want to do is hang out with the peasants from my working class roots that don't even drink kale juice and are not VEGAN.
The truth howevere is my fad diet and supplement regime has lowered my brain glucose and I'm generally just responding to any movement that allows me to express manic energy,my employer at the next big thing startups exploits this manic energy and plays tony Robbins talks on repeat all day to convince me I'm going to be something even though I have no clue how I will get the money,oh wait I do,it's the secret,positive thinking will bring it to me via the law of attraction(lies).

Eating nutritions foods, avoiding chemicals and being into natural health doesn't mean that you have to be a libtard "hippie."

There are many conservative people who like health food/natural living. A perfect example is this woman. Although from a quick glance she may look like a feminist SJW crazy, she is anything but, and she's very much into natural living.

I love this woman:

Ray Peat has a certain way of understanding reality, and every bit of it implies the others. There is a fil rouge that runs between the way he eats, the way he lives, and the way he thinks. In no way can you coherently reach a different mindset starting from just one or another of his ideas. Because of the implications. Now if you make of all that quote that he is a libtard hippie, then I question how well you understand him when he writes about food.

LUH 3417

I am interested in the history of fascism as it relates to the European avant garde. The founder of Italian futurism, FT Marinetti, was a close friend of Mussolini's. The evolution of the avant garde into what is today's pop culture is of particular interest to me. I am hoping someone else here shares this interest and can extrapolate. Ray mentions that many liberals are in fact in cahoots with fascist ideology. Id like to understand this connection more thoroughly and thought this forum would be a good place to start.

Drareg

I am interested in the history of fascism as it relates to the European avant garde. The founder of Italian futurism, FT Marinetti, was a close friend of Mussolini's. The evolution of the avant garde into what is today's pop culture is of particular interest to me. I am hoping someone else here shares this interest and can extrapolate. Ray mentions that many liberals are in fact in cahoots with fascist ideology. Id like to understand this connection more thoroughly and thought this forum would be a good place to start.

I would say pop culture is a low energy underlying drive in humans,the titles and visuals may have changed slightly overtime but it's low energy,no attention span,can't maintain patterns in the Brain for very long.

It's the equivalent of throwing a ball for a dog when the psychopaths in power sees the behaviour and energy level of the many,the dogs whole world becomes "the ball".
In saying that the dog does not try to become the ball! The dog is more intelligent and wise than the human in some cases!

Ahanu

Ray Peat has a certain way of understanding reality, and every bit of it implies the others. There is a fil rouge that runs between the way he eats, the way he lives, and the way he thinks. In no way can you coherently reach a different mindset starting from just one or another of his ideas. Because of the implications. Now if you make of all that quote that he is a libtard hippie, then I question how well you understand him when he writes about food.
Well said!

managing

This is as big a bunch of gobbledy-gook from *anyone* as I've read in a long time. Really disappointing from someone as discerning as Peat can be.

There was NO ELECTORAL SHOCK. Almost 100% of Hilary's "popular vote" came from the huge population centers on the coast, that are geographically in the huge minority. Trump won something like over 2000 counties nationwide...Hilary won like 481. Is that a "minority" of the country? I think not.

The electoral college was designed to prevent large population centers that are geographically compact from tyrannizing and forcing their views on the rest of the country. Large population centers being particularly tone deaf when it comes to the needs and concerns of those who actually produce the things that are parasitized by the city dwellers. Also, large population centers are particularly vulnerable to the machinations of demogogues. Take a look at the history of ancient Rome for examples.

Bottom line: electoral college worked *perfectly*. It's a check and a balance against tyranny.

And just cuz you don't like the outcome this time, be very, very wary of changing it. It may work in your favor some day. Electoral college as a construct is an objective balance, not a tool for any given ideology.

Someone as ostensibly smart as Peat should know that.

But I guess that's his Marxist leanings showing. I mostly overlook them because of his other valuable contributions, but dumb remarks and thinking like this should not be given a pass without commenting on them.
I think you are reading a whole lot into the word "shock" in that RP quote. I'm not saying that I know what he DID intend. But I doubt it was as you unpacked it.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals