Ray Peat Inspired Lifestyle - Red Light - Danny Roddy

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

Zachs

I think it's funny that for $1700 a month, this is what Danny is given his patrons.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
$1700 a month? :shock:

franko

Zachs said:
I think it's funny that for $1700 a month, this is what Danny is given his patrons.

This is incorrect and misleading.

His patreon page is up to $1,829 now, but there's a couple things to consider.

1. That's from 106 patrons, so they are giving an average of $17.25 each.

2. At the $25 and $100 levels he offers personal coaching via unlimited emails and via 45min/mo on Skype, respectively. He has 42 patrons at $25/mo and 5 patrons at $100/mo. They are getting considerably more value for their patronage. And their patronage is $1,550/mo or 85% of the total.

So the bulk of his patronage is in exchange for coaching — not just these videos and articles he's putting out.

Also, he's making most of this content available to everyone, not just his patrons, so that's another way in which it's incorrect to say "this is what he's giving his patrons".

I've been reading Danny's articles for 4+ years. I've also read the books he put out for free and watched many of his videos and listened to some of his podcasts.

I signed up for $1/month even though I'm not in a great financial situation right now, because I've learned a lot from him and appreciate how much value I've gotten from his material for free.

And considering that non-patrons lose nothing and only stand to benefit from the additional material he puts out — including the release of his former products for free — I don't see why anyone would have a problem with it.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Aaaah, never heard of patreon until today. Very cool.

I appreciate Danny Roddy putting out these videos. It's good stuff. :hattip

Zachs

franko said:
Zachs said:

This is incorrect and misleading.

His patreon page is up to $1,829 now, but there's a couple things to consider.

1. That's from 106 patrons, so they are giving an average of $17.25 each.

2. At the $25 and $100 levels he offers personal coaching via unlimited emails and via 45min/mo on Skype, respectively. He has 42 patrons at $25/mo and 5 patrons at $100/mo. They are getting considerably more value for their patronage. And their patronage is $1,550/mo or 85% of the total.

So the bulk of his patronage is in exchange for coaching — not just these videos and articles he's putting out.

Also, he's making most of this content available to everyone, not just his patrons, so that's another way in which it's incorrect to say "this is what he's giving his patrons".

I've been reading Danny's articles for 4+ years. I've also read the books he put out for free and watched many of his videos and listened to some of his podcasts.

I signed up for $1/month even though I'm not in a great financial situation right now, because I've learned a lot from him and appreciate how much value I've gotten from his material for free.

And considering that non-patrons lose nothing and only stand to benefit from the additional material he puts out — including the release of his former products for free — I don't see why anyone would have a problem with it.

That's cool and all but he's making basically a living wage off of his patrons. The whole point of him doing that was so he didn't have to work and could devote his time to putting out information. He hasn't had a real blog post in quite awhile, his 1 minute YouTube are like Ray Peat for dummies and he just said that he's holding off on his new book to work more on the short vids. So aside for animating some Ray Peat insights and answering probably a butt load of emails, I just find it funny that this is what hes doing.

I in no way am complaining, it doesnt effect me in any way positively or negatively. I have learned nothing from Danny that I hadn't previously read. I only really liked his blog at the very beginning after he turned away from his all meat diet and he was writing more about himself.

LukeL

I just read a couple of studies that sate LLLT causes Mast Cell Degranulation. I thought the inflammatory cascade from degranulation is associated with hair loss? So should we stay away from LLLT?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals