Ray Peat-Inspired Infographic

Simatta

Hello Comrades,

Being new to this format I am unsure where I should post this. I will be designing more simple infographics. I'd love any input from Georgi Dinkov or Danny Roddy on the matter. I thought this was nuanced enough without over-complicating things. I designed it for clients and anyone to share freely. I never request e-mail captures for stuff I design as you will see if you visit my site it allows for people to download PDFs I create without entering e-mails. Keeping true to that I just want to share as much as I can as the underlying principles I have learned from Ray Peat, Danny Roddy, and Georgi Dinkov in particular have improved my health immensely. I am extending that by helping more and more clients and referring constantly to these cats to give credit where credit is due. Thanks to everyone on here as well that I learn from. Not even sure if this is allowed on here, so by all means remove it if it isn't.

Cheers Comrades,
Brandon

Attachments

• Bioenergetic Fundamentals.pdf
    96.2 KB · Views: 419
OP
Simatta

Simatta

Hello Comrades,

Being new to this format I am unsure where I should post this. I will be designing more simple infographics. I'd love any input from Georgi Dinkov or Danny Roddy on the matter. I thought this was nuanced enough without over-complicating things. I designed it for clients and anyone to share freely. I never request e-mail captures for stuff I design as you will see if you visit my site it allows for people to download PDFs I create without entering e-mails. Keeping true to that I just want to share as much as I can as the underlying principles I have learned from Ray Peat, Danny Roddy, and Georgi Dinkov in particular have improved my health immensely. I am extending that by helping more and more clients and referring constantly to these cats to give credit where credit is due. Thanks to everyone on here as well that I learn from. Not even sure if this is allowed on here, so by all means remove it if it isn't.

Cheers Comrades,
Brandon
Updated the list to correct a symmetry issue. Added in to avoid corn and high fructose corn syrup. And took away avoiding MUFA's, as the limited space doesn't allow for proper context. And added a JPEG version as well.

Cheers Comrades,
Brandon

Attachments

• Bioenergetic Fundamentals.jpg
    Bioenergetic Fundamentals.jpg
    484.2 KB · Views: 211
    96.3 KB · Views: 104

gaze

looks great to me. going to send it out to a few friends, its good primer. Thanks for putting it together

Comstock

Nice intro.

One thing I would love to see is a short set of bullet points arguing for some of Peat's conventionally "controversial" suggestions.

For example, a short set of bullet points on why sugar is not always bad, and can be good, with sources if possible. Same for why omegas can be bad. This could be useful for people who always hear that sugar is bad, omegas are good, etc.

OP
Simatta

Simatta

looks great to me. going to send it out to a few friends, its good primer. Thanks for putting it together
Appreciate it. I am missing eggs as a good protein on there. It's not comprehensive but felt it was a decent place to start with at least some nuance within. I will be creating more free content to try to better help people understand Ray's principled positions. I have seen people injure themselves by not more comprehensively understanding his principled approach. And I want to mitigate that as much as possible for others. I have injured my self by jumping into aspirin therapy without enough context (failed to use glycine and baking soda with the aspirin to reduce the caustic nature of aspirin) I got the nuance right with using K2 with it but not the former two to make it a less detrimental compound. I want to capture as much of this info as I can in a more digestible format, it'll never be perfect but at least a step in the right direction. I appreciate any criticism and accolade I get for it. Thanks ^_^.

OP
Simatta

Simatta

Nice intro.

One thing I would love to see is a short set of bullet points arguing for some of Peat's conventionally "controversial" suggestions.

For example, a short set of bullet points on why sugar is not always bad, and can be good, with sources if possible. Same for why omegas can be bad. This could be useful for people who always hear that sugar is bad, omegas are good, etc.
Excellent feedback for another infographic I intend to create. I'm glad I'm not the only one on that boat of wanting to be able to give better counters to commonly countered principles. Appreciate it ^_^.

gaze

Appreciate it. I am missing eggs as a good protein on there. It's not comprehensive but felt it was a decent place to start with at least some nuance within. I will be creating more free content to try to better help people understand Ray's principled positions. I have seen people injure themselves by not more comprehensively understanding his principled approach. And I want to mitigate that as much as possible for others. I have injured my self by jumping into aspirin therapy without enough context (failed to use glycine and baking soda with the aspirin to reduce the caustic nature of aspirin) I got the nuance right with using K2 with it but not the former two to make it a less detrimental compound. I want to capture as much of this info as I can in a more digestible format, it'll never be perfect but at least a step in the right direction. I appreciate any criticism and accolade I get for it. Thanks ^_^.

i'm right there with you, it's often forgotten that ray recommends to cut basically all supplements besides possibly thyroid, vitamin D and K drops without excipients, and thyroid. maybe in the avoid section adding in avoiding almost conventional supplements, including fish oil etc?

Comstock

Excellent feedback for another infographic I intend to create. I'm glad I'm not the only one on that boat of wanting to be able to give better counters to commonly countered principles. Appreciate it ^_^.
Great. The controversial points are the biggest roadblocks. When you get someone to start doubting what they "know" about sugar, then anything becomes possible.

GenericName86

Thanks for going to the effort of making this. Just wondering why not liver capsules? I've heard people have a lot of positive experiences with ancestral supplements etc also didn't even know oyster extract was a thing lol and bulk supplements is the best kind? I'll have to take a look.

OP
Simatta

Simatta

Made some tweaks added eggs. Avoid citric acid, corrected a spelling error.

Attachments

• Bioenergetic Fundamentals.jpg
    Bioenergetic Fundamentals.jpg
    483 KB · Views: 100
    97.5 KB · Views: 44
OP
Simatta

Simatta

i'm right there with you, it's often forgotten that ray recommends to cut basically all supplements besides possibly thyroid, vitamin D and K drops without excipients, and thyroid. maybe in the avoid section adding in avoiding almost conventional supplements, including fish oil etc?
I concur, I will go into a more detailed supplement type of infographic to cover that material. Especially avoiding fish oils.

OP
Simatta

Simatta

Great. The controversial points are the biggest roadblocks. When you get someone to start doubting what they "know" about sugar, then anything becomes possible.
I agree! I was informed through schooling to avoid sugar like the plague and over time it led to issues with thyroid function. And knowing to keep liver, oysters and eggshell/dairy calcium high in contrast to phosphorus is critical for those increasing sugar content. Fat-soluble vitamins along with some basic minerals potassium, magnesium, calcium, etc. all need to be growing in reserves while we titrate sugar back in.

OP
Simatta

Simatta

Thanks for going to the effort of making this. Just wondering why not liver capsules? I've heard people have a lot of positive experiences with ancestral supplements etc also didn't even know oyster extract was a thing lol and bulk supplements is the best kind? I'll have to take a look.
You're welcome. Ray Peat mentioned a very specific reason in one of the video clips on YouTube, and I failed to write it down at the time. I'll circle back to it on another post. I am unsure if they are the best but I have personally found that brand's oyster extract to be very effective and helpful. The real oysters are preferred but since its mostly mineral content you're seeking from oysters I think the extract is fine. The rationale behind issues with the dehydrated liver had to do with oxidation issues with retinol or vitamin A if I recall from Dr. Peat.

gaze

OP
Simatta

Simatta

Another layout but for educating small nuggets of info on some of the major compounds that create disease. Quotes are from Dr. Ray Peat. Pulled from a variety of sources, including the Functional Performance Systems website.

Cheers,

Attachments

• Origins of Disease 001 (1).jpg
    Origins of Disease 001 (1).jpg
    543.7 KB · Views: 103
  • Origins of Disease 001 (1).pdf
    73 KB · Views: 66

daphne134

Hello Comrades,

Cheers Comrades,
Brandon
This is fabulous!

GenericName86

Thanks for the link to the video. In regards to the oyster extract wouldn't it also contain copper? I know liver is a more recommended source but oysters contain copper to no?

mm33

Forum Supporter
Both of these are fantastic! Thank you so much Simatta!