Ray Peat-Inspired Infographic

OP
Simatta

Simatta

I think the lifestyle interventions Ray talks about are meant to increase energy production to deal with stress. Hans Seyle defined stress and its impacts on the physiology, ASG was the one who came up with the overarching vision that energy builds structure. I recommend his book The Living State. The pro-thyroid nutrition and lifestyle interventions are part of a general perspective which I think goes far beyond the basics concepts of a "Ray Peat Diet"

"Adopting the right attitude can convert a negative stress into a positive one" - Hans Seyle.
I have that book on my Kotatsu as I write this reply. It's the one I am starting next. And I agree wholeheartedly with that quote. I think mindset/perspective and chief narrative can alter our biological response to stress and I don't see Ray talk as much about that aspect. I have learned from some Yogi's and Buddhist practitioners that the mastery of the perception (top-down approach) is as much of a biological influence as the bottom-up approach. Ray does a great job detailing and teasing out the bottom-up approach. Both are critical in my experience.

mrchibbs

I have that book on my Kotatsu as I write this reply. It's the one I am starting next. And I agree wholeheartedly with that quote. I think mindset/perspective and chief narrative can alter our biological response to stress and I don't see Ray talk as much about that aspect. I have learned from some Yogi's and Buddhist practitioners that the mastery of the perception (top-down approach) is as much of a biological influence as the bottom-up approach. Ray does a great job detailing and teasing out the bottom-up approach. Both are critical in my experience.

Ray talks about it a lot, in fact in many of the in-depth interviews of the last 2 years he outlines this perspective.

The reason he talks about nutrition a lot is that it's the easiest step to implement for the majority of people. Then as they get better, they can start to work on the more fundamental things.

It's almost impossible to interact with someone who's sick and metabolically impaired, with just a few changes, foods and easy adaptogens like aspirin, they immediately become more "human" and alive.

But the healing process is obviously far more involved than this, especially the older you get.

PS: I'd never heard of a Kotatsu before, but I've just looked it up, seems very interesting and a comfortable way to work!

OP
Simatta

Simatta

Ray's a wealth of wisdom. I am far from having digested all his content. Good to know though! Yeah the Kotatsu is one of my best purchases to date. I'll attach some images for you. Below is whom I had construct mine. It took about 3 months to do it but it was worth every penny.

Attachments

• image0.jpeg
    image0.jpeg
    709.6 KB · Views: 24
  • image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    796.7 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_5233.jpg
    IMG_5233.jpg
    569.3 KB · Views: 26

mrchibbs

Looking really cozy! The seller doesn't ship to my country though...

I really like the concept, especially the traditional japanese ones that seem to be heated, I'm going to look into it!

OP
Simatta

Simatta

I'll be posting a Vitamin and Mineral Primer Infographic over the next couple of weeks similar to these Macro Infographics. I think everyone will enjoy them quite a bit. It should help those understand a little more clearly the importance of the micronutrient values being at appropriate levels to better metabolize carbs especially and any pro-thermogenic foods. I think this is a big missing part with all of the Ray Peat work I see. Especially a lack of emphasis on B vitamins (thiamine in higher doses especially and a multi-approach to thiamine repletion which is being missed significantly it appears). Because so many people are mitochondrially in deficits, this seems to be the smallest lever that produces the biggest result in many cases of very ill people. And it might encourage more people to stick with pro-thermogenic foods if their machinery is lubed up and kept fueled (mitochondria, enzymatic processes, etc.).

Just wanted to post a mild teaser ^_-. The attachment is NOT complete in the slightest. And is too long to capture in its entirety.

Cheers comrades,

@charlie | @Comstock | @mrchibbs | @gaze | @GenericName86 | @daphne134 | @mm33 | @Lokzo | @AdoTintor | @Tenacity | @rei

Attachments

• Vitamin Primer Teaser.png
    Vitamin Primer Teaser.png
    30.6 KB · Views: 63

mm33

Forum Supporter
I'll be posting a Vitamin and Mineral Primer Infographic over the next couple of weeks similar to these Macro Infographics. I think everyone will enjoy them quite a bit. It should help those understand a little more clearly the importance of the micronutrient values being at appropriate levels to better metabolize carbs especially and any pro-thermogenic foods. I think this is a big missing part with all of the Ray Peat work I see. Especially a lack of emphasis on B vitamins (thiamine in higher doses especially and a multi-approach to thiamine repletion which is being missed significantly it appears). Because so many people are mitochondrially in deficits, this seems to be the smallest lever that produces the biggest result in many cases of very ill people. And it might encourage more people to stick with pro-thermogenic foods if their machinery is lubed up and kept fueled (mitochondria, enzymatic processes, etc.).

Just wanted to post a mild teaser ^_-. The attachment is NOT complete in the slightest. And is too long to capture in its entirety.

Cheers comrades,

@charlie | @Comstock | @mrchibbs | @gaze | @GenericName86 | @daphne134 | @mm33 | @Lokzo | @AdoTintor | @Tenacity | @rei
Looking forward to it Simatta, really appreciate what you're doing with these infographics. Merry Christmas!

mrchibbs

@Simatta

Great job, once again. You're really filling a gap, as there hasn't been many such infographics since Function Alps did theirs many years ago.

But we should add a description of the other b-vitamins. They all play a crucial roles and interact with one another. Adding key food sources is also useful.

Some of the supplemental forms may not be as safe as thiamine and niacinamide, so for instance, riboflavin is highest in liver, maple syrup is a good source as well.

OP
Simatta

Simatta

Looking forward to it Simatta, really appreciate what you're doing with these infographics. Merry Christmas!
You're welcome. Happy Holiday's to you and I'll be posting it here tonight ^_^. A Christmas gift for my Peat Comrades.
Did peat ever say how many oz of oysters he reccomends weekly?
I don't recall other than approximately 6-12 oysters a week? I am sure I will find that when I create the Mineral Primer Infographic.
@Simatta

Great job, once again. You're really filling a gap, as there hasn't been many such infographics since Function Alps did theirs many years ago.

But we should add a description of the other b-vitamins. They all play a crucial roles and interact with one another. Adding key food sources is also useful.

Some of the supplemental forms may not be as safe as thiamine and niacinamide, so for instance, riboflavin is highest in liver, maple syrup is a good source as well.
Appreciate the compliment. I wanted to keep this one simple, but I will eventually create something more detailed on all B vitamins. Obviously, each one can make a massive difference depending on the condition. I added researched food sources for everything except the B complex due to limited space. Let me know what you think though?

Attached is a PDF and JPG version of the Vitamin Primer. I will be doing a Mineral Primer. And one specifically on Gut Motility next I suspect, and the clinical pearls I've gleamed from being in practice for over a decade and dealing with serious issues for most of my life.

Cheers Comrades and Happy X-Mas Eve ^_^. Love the snow effect on this forum.
Brandon

Attachments

• Bioenergetic Micronutrients.jpg
    Bioenergetic Micronutrients.jpg
    554.2 KB · Views: 59
  • Bioenergetic Micronutrients.pdf
    166.9 KB · Views: 47

pauljacob

Thank you very much for your contributions. Please simply replace the original PDF with your update. As of now I have several PDFs on one subject. :woot:

OP
Simatta

Simatta

Thank you very much for your contributions. Please simply replace the original PDF with your update. As of now I have several PDFs on one subject. :woot:
You're most welcome. How do you edit a post? Ahh, duh I think I just figured out how. It appears uneditable on my end. I created this website page which is under construction but it will constantly be updated regarding my personal insights in reversing my disease state utilizing largely Ray Peat-inspired observations. Massive thanks to Danny Roddy, Georgi Ginkov, and everyone on this thread that has contributed to the distillation of these principles.

pauljacob

You're most welcome. How do you edit a post? Ahh, duh I think I just figured out how. It appears uneditable on my end. I created this website page which is under construction but it will constantly be updated regarding my personal insights in reversing my disease state utilizing largely Ray Peat-inspired observations. Massive thanks to Danny Roddy, Georgi Ginkov, and everyone on this thread that has contributed to the distillation of these principles.

Thank you Simatta, look forward to it :thumbsup:

mm33

Forum Supporter
You're welcome. Happy Holiday's to you and I'll be posting it here tonight ^_^. A Christmas gift for my Peat Comrades.

I don't recall other than approximately 6-12 oysters a week? I am sure I will find that when I create the Mineral Primer Infographic.

Appreciate the compliment. I wanted to keep this one simple, but I will eventually create something more detailed on all B vitamins. Obviously, each one can make a massive difference depending on the condition. I added researched food sources for everything except the B complex due to limited space. Let me know what you think though?

Attached is a PDF and JPG version of the Vitamin Primer. I will be doing a Mineral Primer. And one specifically on Gut Motility next I suspect, and the clinical pearls I've gleamed from being in practice for over a decade and dealing with serious issues for most of my life.

Cheers Comrades and Happy X-Mas Eve ^_^. Love the snow effect on this forum.
Brandon
Thanks again Simatta!! These are great. I'm a visual learner in that I like having hard copies to review over time to be able to really learn. Cheers and Happy New Year!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals