Ray Peat-Inspired Infographic

gaze

@Simatta @gaze
Have either of you got a reference for ray's opinion on oyster supplements? I'd heard this comment about liver supplements being no good, and eggs being the next best thing.

I personally have never heard Ray talk about an oyster supplement.

OP
Simatta

Simatta

@Simatta @gaze
Have either of you got a reference for ray's opinion on oyster supplements? I'd heard this comment about liver supplements being no good, and eggs being the next best thing.
I have not heard him mention either which way about oyster ground up as a supplement. I am thinking since he recommends oysters mostly for mineral content of zinc, selenium, etc. That it's less of an issue in that context?

OP
Simatta

Simatta

Great work!!

Thanks for sharing!
You're welcome. I will be creating more like it and share it all online for free.

OP
Simatta

Simatta

I personally have never heard Ray talk about an oyster supplement.
Neither have I. I have found Matt Blackburn started selling it which tipped me to look it up online. I can say I notice a subtle shift in overall performance, but that's already fairly elevated as it stands from my lifestyle being very aligned with Ray's principles.

OP
Simatta

Simatta

Both of these are fantastic! Thank you so much Simatta!
Glad you dig it ^_^. Appreciate the compliments from everyone. Criticism's are very much welcomed in any all content I create as well.

OP
Simatta

Simatta

Thanks for the link to the video. In regards to the oyster extract wouldn't it also contain copper? I know liver is a more recommended source but oysters contain copper to no?
Oysters bioavailable zinc as far as I understand are mostly to balance livers rich copper content. As well as a good source of selenium.

AdoTintor

this summary is a very useful resource. My partner is close to her wits end in the kitchen and for Christmas she requested the "Ray Peat cookbook". This may well help.

mrchibbs

Great job! I think Hans Seyle and Albert Szent Gyorgyi are two important figures for this bioenergetic perspective, their work is just as important as Gilbert Ling's in Ray's view.

Tenacity

These look great. Your calcium to phosphorous ratio recommendation looks a little extreme though, 4:1? The most I've ever seen Ray recommend is 2:1, and he says even 1:1 is good. 4:1 seems difficult to get without some kind of supplement or powder. Is this recommendation based on personal experience or something else?

mm33

Forum Supporter
this summary is a very useful resource. My partner is close to her wits end in the kitchen and for Christmas she requested the "Ray Peat cookbook". This may well help.
Hi AdoTintor, a really good book based on Dr. Peat's ideas is How to Heal Your Metabolism by Kate Deering which I got from Amazon. It has a lot of recipes in it to go along with the explanations for a lot of Ray's ideas/studies. This may be of help to your partner.

AdoTintor

cheers for suggestion - just ordered it. Questionable whether this counts as a present for her or for me

rei

Pretty good introduction. Few things though: Why recommend milk without vitamin d? D is one of the supplements ray talks favorably about? I have never seen VA in milk, but i agree adding it is not desirable. Also, why 5-10mg K2 ? That is medicinal dose, not something to strive for as daily intake in normal situation. Even 1mg is a high dose.

OP
Simatta

Simatta

Glad you found it helpful.

OP
Simatta

Simatta

These look great. Your calcium to phosphorous ratio recommendation looks a little extreme though, 4:1? The most I've ever seen Ray recommend is 2:1, and he says even 1:1 is good. 4:1 seems difficult to get without some kind of supplement or powder. Is this recommendation based on personal experience or something else?
That was an error that I will correct, and I am glad you pointed that out. I sometimes can't believe how many errors can be made even after overviewing something several times over. I misinterpreted data on my end and came to 4:1 ratio somehow? I have seen Ray say 2:1 ratio and 1:1 ratio multiple times as well and that makes more sense. I'll upload a document with it corrected. Thanks again!!

OP
Simatta

Simatta

Pretty good introduction. Few things though: Why recommend milk without vitamin d? D is one of the supplements ray talks favorably about? I have never seen VA in milk, but i agree adding it is not desirable. Also, why 5-10mg K2 ? That is medicinal dose, not something to strive for as daily intake in normal situation. Even 1mg is a high dose.
The type of vitamin A added to milk isn't desirable as far as I understand. So finding a milk source without added D or A is suggested. I recommend many clients to supplement 5,000IU of vitamin D. As for the K-2 recommendation I am going off a more therapeutic dose as suggested by Thorne Research (they suggest 15mg typically) which is along the lines of medically applied. I find people get much better results in overall health and protection to the cardiovascular system at these doses as opposed to 1mg or less. As with any steroid/vitamin/supplement, I recommend people titrate slowly. Start with minimal effective dose. I think from Weston Price, Ray Peat, and Kate Rheaume-Bleue's work that what we think is a higher dose is preferred for overall functioning. You want D3 with it, and liver once a week for the retinol (bioavailable Vitamin A) is important. As is some element of Vitamin E but I am a little less versed in the dose of that substance at the moment.

OP
Simatta

Simatta

Updated revised calcium to phosphorus ratio. Thanks for all the feedback everyone. It's greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• Bioenergetic Fundamentals.jpg
    Bioenergetic Fundamentals.jpg
    483.8 KB · Views: 59
  • Bioenergetic Fundamentals.pdf
    97.5 KB · Views: 38
OP
Simatta

Simatta

Great job! I think Hans Seyle and Albert Szent Gyorgyi are two important figures for this bioenergetic perspective, their work is just as important as Gilbert Ling's in Ray's view.
Thanks. Yes, I agree those are two other big proponents I have not read in as great of detail. I will be adding their names to future infographics.

mrchibbs

Thanks. Yes, I agree those are two other big proponents I have not read in as great of detail. I will be adding their names to future infographics.

I think the lifestyle interventions Ray talks about are meant to increase energy production to deal with stress. Hans Seyle defined stress and its impacts on the physiology, ASG was the one who came up with the overarching vision that energy builds structure. I recommend his book The Living State. The pro-thyroid nutrition and lifestyle interventions are part of a general perspective which I think goes far beyond the basics concepts of a "Ray Peat Diet"

"Adopting the right attitude can convert a negative stress into a positive one" - Hans Seyle.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals