Ray Peat inspired health technologies

nigma

Once you learn enough about physiology from Ray Peat it becomes pretty obvious that the length of ones life should be able to extended pretty easily. And with some relatively simple engineering, some devices could be designed and manufactured to mass market so that the average person could benefit from this.

My vision looks something like this... enhance the recovery process of sleep to to reverse the aging that took place during the day. Sleep in a CO2 sarcophagus with red/infrared light beaming onto skin, nutrient solution aerosol to support increased metabolism.

With a bed like this you'd probably only need half the amount of sleep.

Perhaps these "baths" could start out as therapy devices in a new Peat inspired kind of health spa/clinic. E.g. Co2/Redlight centre.

Other technologies might be 24/7 glucose/body temp/hormone monitoring to know when you need to eat, etc. But this might interfere with ones own relationship to their body, so not sure about this one.

Thoughts? Is anyone already working on these technologies?

OP
nigma

nigma

BTW, this post might also have been inspired by a fictional snake-like parasitical alien race on a hit TV series.

1633251853082.png

Kykeon

i think about this. i want to make a lamp with uv-b + redlight in it where i can measure the uv-b. I want to make something that measures and secretes co2 in my room. I have thought about plants doing the job, there is a class of plants that release co2 over the day.
Other technologies might be 24/7 glucose/body temp/hormone monitoring to know when you need to eat, etc. But this might interfere with ones own relationship to their body, so not sure about this one.
that is not the best idea imo, just listen to what the body is trying to tell you.

Air Ionisiers are also a interesting topic and i think the effects of toxic dye in the clothing is very overlooked. I got into the habit of dying my own clothing and the industrial dyes used in normal clothing are all very toxic, people would be amazed if their clothes would have a label, so peaty clothing would be nice.

in an orgon forum people have speculated about the sarcophagus being an orgone accumulator and i once met and spoke to a rather crazy guy who told me he sat in the sarcophagus in the 70's in one of the pyramids and had a "huge energy burst"(maybe pure bull****) but i always found the idea interesting, especially in relation to the effect the pyramids have on the electromagnetic field.

It is not peat related but [Pyramid effect] - PubMed. the pyramid effect seems to be very real, aswell as de-salting water with a magnet and a tube that goes around the magnet in a spiral pattern. also magnets seem to speed up plant growth and experienced plant growers use the effect for the seeds.

Last edited:

JamesGatz

Air Ionisiers are also a interesting topic and i think the effects of toxic dye in the clothing is very overlooked. I got into the habit of dying my own clothing and the industrial dyes used in normal clothing are all very toxic, people would be amazed if their clothes would have a label, so peaty clothing would be nice.
Agreed - I think Air Ionizers are dangerous - they all seem to emit ozone and I experience these toxicity symptoms being near one

I also notice that all things being equal - I tend to react worse usually to clothing that has bright, flamboyant colors - I tend to react well to darker or neutral colors

I remember reading a thread on this forum that if one were to get a tattoo the darker colored tattoos would be the least of the evil because of the toxic stuff they use to dye the brighter colors - I wonder if this is true for clothes as well

Jon2547

Live off the grid. And by that I don't mean using solar power to run air conditioners and refrigerators. I mean, off grid as in no electricity and letting the wind be the air conditioning. And live in a house or tent that has maximum air flow so that moisture does not build up and start mildewing.

that would be a good start.

tankasnowgod

Once you learn enough about physiology from Ray Peat it becomes pretty obvious that the length of ones life should be able to extended pretty easily. And with some relatively simple engineering, some devices could be designed and manufactured to mass market so that the average person could benefit from this.

My vision looks something like this... enhance the recovery process of sleep to to reverse the aging that took place during the day. Sleep in a CO2 sarcophagus with red/infrared light beaming onto skin, nutrient solution aerosol to support increased metabolism.

With a bed like this you'd probably only need half the amount of sleep.

Perhaps these "baths" could start out as therapy devices in a new Peat inspired kind of health spa/clinic. E.g. Co2/Redlight centre.

Thoughts? Is anyone already working on these technologies?

Lol, I like how you go from "Pretty Easy" to "Sleep in a Sarcophagus" in the very next paragraph. And a super high tech Sarcophagus, at that. I'd love to see the marketing on this.

I do like the ideas, but there is also the issue that, no matter how well designed, the risk of suffocation during sleep could be high if it's fairly air tight.

Kykeon

Agreed - I think Air Ionizers are dangerous - they all seem to emit ozone
Study uncovers safety concerns with ionic air purifiers peat says sleeping near one in one of his emails could be helpful for serotonin related issues, ssri related serotonin problems. ( "Serum serotonin fluctuates according to intestinal irritation, but for the average to change very much it's necessary for the liver and brain to adapt, and that usually takes a few months. Since the lungs are the main site of serotonin metabolism, an air ionizer near your bed can help".)

seems like they can cause trouble.

JamesGatz

Study uncovers safety concerns with ionic air purifiers peat says sleeping near one in one of his emails could be helpful for serotonin related issues, ssri related serotonin problems. ( "Serum serotonin fluctuates according to intestinal irritation, but for the average to change very much it's necessary for the liver and brain to adapt, and that usually takes a few months. Since the lungs are the main site of serotonin metabolism, an air ionizer near your bed can help".)

Yea I am surprised he said that ... HEPA Air filters or purifiers I react well too, but all ionizers give me massive headaches and make it hard for me to breathe ... it seems like they all emit ozone and ozone is toxic to the respiratory system ? It's interesting that he said that I am not sure if I agree on his views

Dr. B

Yea I am surprised he said that ... HEPA Air filters or purifiers I react well too, but all ionizers give me massive headaches and make it hard for me to breathe ... it seems like they all emit ozone and ozone is toxic to the respiratory system ? It's interesting that he said that I am not sure if I agree on his views
what does the ionizer do exactly, does it purify things? the UV feature on many filters is it also for purification?
because ozone treatment, and ultraviolet treatment are actually two alternative methods for water purification, instead of chlorine treatment. costcos store brand bottled water, and probably some other bottled water brands use ozone treatment which is supposed to be better than chlorine. does the ozone quickly leave the water once its been treated or once the bottle cap has been opened?

JamesGatz

what does the ionizer do exactly, does it purify things? the UV feature on many filters is it also for purification?
because ozone treatment, and ultraviolet treatment are actually two alternative methods for water purification, instead of chlorine treatment. costcos store brand bottled water, and probably some other bottled water brands use ozone treatment which is supposed to be better than chlorine. does the ozone quickly leave the water once its been treated or once the bottle cap has been opened?
It creates negative ions and releases them into the air to attach to particles - I think the issue is ozone is created in the process it uses to create the ions which is what becomes problematic.

It's interesting about the water part - I have no idea - that is a good question though hopefully someone on the forum knows

OP
nigma

nigma

I've tried this and had positive results. I tried with and without being grounded as I imagined that electron flow would impact the effect. IIRC, grounded was better. One particular night I with the ioniser fairly close, I woke up with a tooth ache from a molar, the kind you get when they're growing. But its quite noisy and dries out your skin, so didn't want to continue the experiment.

OP
nigma

nigma

Lol, I like how you go from "Pretty Easy" to "Sleep in a Sarcophagus" in the very next paragraph. And a super high tech Sarcophagus, at that. I'd love to see the marketing on this.

I do like the ideas, but there is also the issue that, no matter how well designed, the risk of suffocation during sleep could be high if it's fairly air tight.
Haha, well maybe easy would be sleeping with a blanket that glows a dim red.

Definately would not be making the sarcophagus air tight!

OccamzRazer

Live off the grid. And by that I don't mean using solar power to run air conditioners and refrigerators. I mean, off grid as in no electricity and letting the wind be the air conditioning. And live in a house or tent that has maximum air flow so that moisture does not build up and start mildewing.
I'll be living in a geodesic dome home within the next few months!!

OccamzRazer

Perhaps a good idea for anyone who actually wants to go from theory to practice when it comes to off-grid living:

Jon2547

I've considered getting one of those. Which one are you going to be using?

Dr. B

Perhaps a good idea for anyone who actually wants to go from theory to practice when it comes to off-grid living:

wow, where would you put it? do they have electricity and plumbing?

OccamzRazer

wow, where would you put it? do they have electricity and plumbing?
You could put it anywhere, so long as zoning regulations allow it! It does best when placed on a wooden platform.

Electricity: some people do solar setups, others stay off-grid.

Plumbing: sure, but it's pricey and you could just get a simple composting toilet.

tastyfood

It creates negative ions and releases them into the air to attach to particles - I think the issue is ozone is created in the process it uses to create the ions which is what becomes problematic.

It's interesting about the water part - I have no idea - that is a good question though hopefully someone on the forum knows

This is the negative ion projector that I have: Negative Ion Projector (A True Negative Ion Generator / Air Ionizer)

It doesn't produce ozone.