Ray Peat Has Never Written About DHT ?

johnwester130

I cannot find much by Peat about DHT.

My general impression is that DHT is a youth hormone, and the higher the better ?

And that inhibiting DHT, would be like inhibiting the thyroid, progesterone or any other pro metabolic substance ?

smith

Interesting, do you have references? I'm not a haidut-level researcher or anything so i thought it was the exact opposite from my forum skimming.

DaveFoster

He's said that it's probably not the cause of male pattern baldness (MPB), which he attributes to cortisol (heightened in males) in the context of insufficient progesterone production (adequate levels of which appear in females).

smith

Oh yea, that sounds familiar. Thanks for the swift reply. What might be the cause then?

DaveFoster

Oh yea, that sounds familiar. Thanks for the swift reply. What might be the cause then?
Of MPB? Did you read my post? He believes it to be cortisol (in response to inflammation and subsequent aromatization).

smith

Of MPB? Did you read my post? He believes it to be cortisol (in response to inflammation and subsequent aromatization).

Oh my bad, I think I replied a bit too early. There's more text in your reply than there was when I replied to it last night. Thanks.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals