Ray peat grocery haul?

Vileplume

i can even say better than venasaur in certain Genz
Oh yeah. Venosaur always struck me as kinda mean haha, same with Blastoise and Charizard. Although I didn’t really keep up with it past the 2nd generation. I only played through Crystal version on the game boy

gaze

Just copped some groceries from Costco. This doesn’t include my liver oysters and milk, which I get elsewhere.

Costco haul:
-hecka oranges
-hecka grapes
-tasty whole bean coffee
-organic button mushrooms
-pecorino romano cheese (animal rennet yeee)
-organic carrots
are costco oranges ripe?

Vileplume

are costco oranges ripe?
It changes with each brand, and they alternate brands almost monthly, but they’re consistently the ripest/sweetest I can find in any grocery store. Especially when they carry organic Sunkist oranges, like they did during the winter last year.

Vileplume

Costco again for the win, but switching it up a bit (kinda, sort of)

-24 organic, pasture-raised eggs (it can be difficult to find both conditions in an egg)
-over 3 pounds of organic white button mushrooms
-2.5 pounds of good quality dark-roast coffee
-3.7 pounds of USDA Choice flank steak
-30 pounds of oranges, which I juice over the next week

All for around 100 dollars. Love Costco!

Attachments

• 80788304-18B3-476E-BB89-809661FC5ABF.jpeg
    80788304-18B3-476E-BB89-809661FC5ABF.jpeg
    622.7 KB · Views: 38

aniciete

Costco again for the win, but switching it up a bit (kinda, sort of)

-24 organic, pasture-raised eggs (it can be difficult to find both conditions in an egg)
-over 3 pounds of organic white button mushrooms
-2.5 pounds of good quality dark-roast coffee
-3.7 pounds of USDA Choice flank steak
-30 pounds of oranges, which I juice over the next week

All for around 100 dollars. Love Costco!
How ripe are those oranges right now? I stopped getting oranges from Costco a couple months ago because they were always hard and sour.

Vileplume

How ripe are those oranges right now? I stopped getting oranges from Costco a couple months ago because they were always hard and sour.
Yes, I experienced that too. These ones are decently sweet, since oranges are now coming into season. When it gets into the thick of winter, Costco starts carrying the boxed Sunkist brand oranges, which are the sweetest.

In general I’ve found their boxed oranges, which they only seem to carry during orange season, generally sweeter than the oranges they sell in plastic bags or the red netting.

aniciete

Yes, I experienced that too. These ones are decently sweet, since oranges are now coming into season. When it gets into the thick of winter, Costco starts carrying the boxed Sunkist brand oranges, which are the sweetest.

In general I’ve found their boxed oranges, which they only seem to carry during orange season, generally sweeter than the oranges they sell in plastic bags or the red netting.
Awesome, thanks. I’ll keep my eye out for the Sunkist ones, they were the ones I used to buy when they were really ripe.

Dr. B

do you do organic only fruits

Vileplume

do you do organic only fruits
For everything except oranges, yes. I go off of the Dirty Dozen list that Rinse posted here: Organics - The Clean 15 & The Dirty Dozen

I mostly consume orange juice as my fruit source anyway, but sometimes I'll have grapes or grape juice. In that case, I always get organic. If I got back into eating a lot of berries or peaches or plums, I would also only get organic. Pesticides seem like a real danger.

Dr. B

For everything except oranges, yes. I go off of the Dirty Dozen list that Rinse posted here: Organics - The Clean 15 & The Dirty Dozen

I mostly consume orange juice as my fruit source anyway, but sometimes I'll have grapes or grape juice. In that case, I always get organic. If I got back into eating a lot of berries or peaches or plums, I would also only get organic. Pesticides seem like a real danger.
even though oranges have the protective shell wouldnt they have toxins inside if grown non organically

Vileplume

even though oranges have the protective shell wouldnt they have toxins inside if grown non organically
Probably, from the soil. But the tree itself filters a lot of the bad stuff from the soil, and the shell protects against a lot of the sprayed pesticides.

Ray has mentioned that the orange peel can have harmful stuff in it, so to avoid it when juicing oranges, but if I remember correctly he says the oranges you juice don’t need to be organic.

Dr. B

Probably, from the soil. But the tree itself filters a lot of the bad stuff from the soil, and the shell protects against a lot of the sprayed pesticides.

Ray has mentioned that the orange peel can have harmful stuff in it, so to avoid it when juicing oranges, but if I remember correctly he says the oranges you juice don’t need to be organic.
i havent seen Ray say anything about choosing organic meat or milk or anything else! does he think its important

Vileplume

i havent seen Ray say anything about choosing organic meat or milk or anything else! does he think its important
I heard him say once that grass-fed liver doesn’t matter as much as getting grass-fed everything else in the animal. Not sure his opinion on organic meat or milk. Although it surely must be better, I’m just not sure when it’s worth the price.

Dr. B

I heard him say once that grass-fed liver doesn’t matter as much as getting grass-fed everything else in the animal. Not sure his opinion on organic meat or milk. Although it surely must be better, I’m just not sure when it’s worth the price.
the concerns with grass fed is if its not labelled 100% grass fed it could be as low as 30% grass fed. with organic the concerns mostly seem to be the animals can still be vaccinated and can still be given fluoridated water
i wonder how things would go if you only few the cows organic orange juice/coconut water for their drinking!

Vileplume

the concerns with grass fed is if its not labelled 100% grass fed it could be as low as 30% grass fed. with organic the concerns mostly seem to be the animals can still be vaccinated and can still be given fluoridated water
i wonder how things would go if you only few the cows organic orange juice/coconut water for their drinking!
If you fed them wild, untreated grass, then just organic OJ and coconut water, oh man…. That milk would be the best food product ever created.

Makes me thing about what nutritional benefits ancient milk farmers must have enjoyed.

aniciete

Buy a cow and find out

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals