Ray peat grocery haul?

清貴杉山

Hey guys i was wondering,i cant be the only schizo who time to time pictures my grocery shop,i would like to see whats a peaty grocery haul actually! here is mine from today
-fruits(pears apples and oranges)
-regular fresh cheese,lower fat fresh cheese and in the woodpaper sliced whole milk cheese
-carrots and the black thing are beets and some red onions for sauteed
-a dozen of eggs
-ground lean pork
if you are wondering,my milk is delivered to my house from the farm every week,i order between 4 to 6 liters weekly of raw whole milk
WhatsApp Image 2021-09-11 at 18.20.40.jpeg

J.R.K

Looks good to me @MarianoBecchi. The one thing that I would wonder about is the ground pork as the fats tend to be unsaturated based upon the standard grain and soy based diet they received in their lifetime, assuming of course they are fed an industrial farm style diet.
Only question I have is do you use mushrooms, bamboo shoots, liver and oysters?

mariantos

Hey guys i was wondering,i cant be the only schizo who time to time pictures my grocery shop,i would like to see whats a peaty grocery haul actually! here is mine from today
-fruits(pears apples and oranges)
-regular fresh cheese,lower fat fresh cheese and in the woodpaper sliced whole milk cheese
-carrots and the black thing are beets and some red onions for sauteed
-a dozen of eggs
-ground lean pork
if you are wondering,my milk is delivered to my house from the farm every week,i order between 4 to 6 liters weekly of raw whole milk
View attachment 27800

I went in and this image gives me a pleasant state, the two carrots amuse me somehow!

清貴杉山

Looks good to me @MarianoBecchi. The one thing that I would wonder about is the ground pork as the fats tend to be unsaturated based upon the standard grain and soy based diet they received in their lifetime, assuming of course they are fed an industrial farm style diet.
Only question I have is do you use mushrooms, bamboo shoots, liver and oysters?
pork fat is not so high in pufa as ALL people think here,cow fat is 4-5% polyunsaturated,pork fat is 9-10%,its just 5%more,all the rest is mono and saturated fats,i dont think on pork as a unhealthy food plus the cuts grounded are pretty lean,and no,i dont eat mushrooms since i cant afford them they are super expensive here,bamboo shoots and fresh oysters non existant,i do weekly raw liver for copper

Jennifer

I buy my milk twice a week and have peaches and berries in the freezer that I juice so some food is missing from the photo below, but here’s my grocery haul for the week:
  • 14 L of raw goat’s milk
  • 14 L of raw A2 cow’s milk
  • 1 lb (454 g) of goat Gouda cheese
  • 1 lb (454 g) of Manchego cheese
  • 1 dozen pastured eggs (for the yolks)
  • 1 lb (454 g) of raw sun-dried cane juice crystals
  • Raw acacia honey
  • 12 oz (340 g) of raw cacao nibs
  • 2.3 oz (65 g) of vanilla bean powder
  • 25.3 oz (750 mL) of sparkling mineral water
  • Peppermint herbal tea

6BEBA525-CBBD-4F6F-8416-6CFEA53F6F84.jpeg

清貴杉山

I buy my milk twice a week and have peaches and berries in the freezer that I juice so some food is missing from the photo below, but here’s my grocery haul for the week:
  • Raw acacia honey
  • Peppermint herbal tea

View attachment 27889
Holy cows im pretty jealouse about the quantity of raw milk

peter88

• Raw acacia honey
  • Peppermint herbal tea

View attachment 27889
That Trader Joe’s goat Gouda is some of the best I’ve had

Inaut

• Raw acacia honey
  • Peppermint herbal tea

View attachment 27889
What does it cost you weekly @Jennifer ?

Jennifer

Holy cows im pretty jealouse about the quantity of raw milk

LOL Yeah, I’m lucky to be living in a state with amazing farms and where raw milk is legal to sell even in retail stores.

That Trader Joe’s goat Gouda is some of the best I’ve had

I love their Gouda. I normally buy 2 pounds of it, but saw the Manchego today and the description on the package says it’s aged a minimum of 12 months to bring out a caramelized flavor. I thought that sounded pretty killer so I’m excited to try it.

What does it cost you weekly @Jennifer ?

It costs me roughly $115 per week.

Inaut

LOL Yeah, I’m lucky to be living in a state with amazing farms and where raw milk is legal to sell even in retail stores.

I love their Gouda. I normally buy 2 pounds of it, but saw the Manchego today and the description on the package says it’s aged a minimum of 12 months to bring out a caramelized flavor. I thought that sounded pretty killer so I’m excited to try it.

Gut prix!!!

J.R.K

That is a nice grocery run for a good price @Jennifer! Do you have any trouble with smell or taste on the goats milk?
I never could get it past my nose, just curious if you had any tricks if you ever had that problem?
Is that just for yourself, or are there more people in your household?

Jennifer

That is a nice grocery run for a good price @Jennifer! Do you have any trouble with smell or taste on the goats milk?
I never could get it past my nose, just curious if you had any tricks if you ever had that problem?
Is that just for yourself, or are there more people in your household?

Oy, yeah. I’ve had some goat’s milk that was hard to get down. Meyenberg was the worst. The goat’s milk I get doesn’t have that musky or “goaty” flavor that is often associated with it. It actually tastes better than most of the cow’s milk I’ve had, but only from this one particular farm I get it from—their cow’s milk is even better! They keep the bucks far away from the does, which supposedly prevents the milk from having that muskiness—bucks can be quite stinky. It only developed a hint of musk when I’d heat it up in the microwave on high while making hot cocoa. I’ve since switched to using the cow’s milk exclusively for that. I’d say if possible, try a different source of goat’s milk, preferably raw?

Yep, that’s just for me. My caloric requirements are pretty high. lol

J.R.K

Oy, yeah. I’ve had some goat’s milk that was hard to get down. Meyenberg was the worst. The goat’s milk I get doesn’t have that musky or “goaty” flavor that is often associated with it. It actually tastes better than most of the cow’s milk I’ve had, but only from this one particular farm I get it from—their cow’s milk is even better! They keep the bucks far away from the does, which supposedly prevents the milk from having that muskiness—bucks can be quite stinky. It only developed a hint of musk when I’d heat it up in the microwave on high while making hot cocoa. I’ve since switched to using the cow’s milk exclusively for that. I’d say if possible, try a different source of goat’s milk, preferably raw?

Yep, that’s just for me. My caloric requirements are pretty high. lol
Thanks @Jennifer that makes very good sense. You are correct when you say the bucks or as we say billy goats have a very musky smell to them, and as they age it gets even more intense.
Interestingly enough though there are some people from the Caribbean and Jamaica that actually want that musky flavour in their goat meat and milk.
Thank you for the information Jennifer!

• Raw acacia honey
  • Peppermint herbal tea

View attachment 27889
Keep a close eye, because I will drink your Gerolsteiner when you aren't looking.

Jennifer

Thanks @Jennifer that makes very good sense. You are correct when you say the bucks or as we say billy goats have a very musky smell to them, and as they age it gets even more intense.
Interestingly enough though there are some people from the Caribbean and Jamaica that actually want that musky flavour in their goat meat and milk.
Thank you for the information Jennifer!

My pleasure! Oh, that is interesting. I suppose it’s not so strange since people enjoy that flavor in goat cheese. Perhaps I wouldn’t mind it had I grown up drinking goat’s milk, but I grew up drinking cow’s milk.

Keep a close eye, because I will drink your Gerolsteiner when you aren't looking.

Hehe! I don’t mind sharing. I use it to brew the cacao nibs like coffee.

My pleasure! Oh, that is interesting. I suppose it’s not so strange since people enjoy that flavor in goat cheese. Perhaps I wouldn’t mind it had I grown up drinking goat’s milk, but I grew up drinking cow’s milk.

Hehe! I don’t mind sharing. I use it to brew the cacao nibs like coffee.
It is my favorite. Great mineral content. I buy it by the case so I can get discounts. That and Topo Chico. I mix it with tart cherry juice.

Jennifer

It is my favorite. Great mineral content. I buy it by the case so I can get discounts. That and Topo Chico. I mix it with tart cherry juice.

Nice! Thanks for mentioning Topo Chico. I’ve seen it at Whole Foods so I’ll buy a bottle next week to try.

Vileplume

Just copped some groceries from Costco. This doesn’t include my liver oysters and milk, which I get elsewhere.

Costco haul:
-hecka oranges
-hecka grapes
-tasty whole bean coffee
-organic button mushrooms
-pecorino romano cheese (animal rennet yeee)
-organic carrots

Attachments

• AEBA50A9-7670-4217-BA0D-F60780ED61C2.jpeg
    AEBA50A9-7670-4217-BA0D-F60780ED61C2.jpeg
    565 KB · Views: 54

清貴杉山

Just copped some groceries from Costco. This doesn’t include my liver oysters and milk, which I get elsewhere.

Costco haul:
-hecka oranges
-hecka grapes
-tasty whole bean coffee
-organic button mushrooms
-pecorino romano cheese (animal rennet yeee)
-organic carrots
i just will say that vileplume is a hella underrated pokemon