Ray Peat Email Advice Depository

JamesGatz

Q:
It is said that during evolution our gut size grew smaller as our brain size grew bigger - I was reading another study about how a larger skull on a person correlates with smaller digestive organs - it seems that the liver and gastrointestinal tract are as metabolically expensive as the brain - is there some type of trade-off between the 2 when a person maintains a high metabolic rate ?

It is also said that smaller stomachs seem to really only tolerate high-quality, easily digestible food - I notice for squirrel monkeys diets compared to other primates this seems to be the case and they have some of the largest brain to body mass ratios

A:
Diet choices go with evolution—like the squirrel monkeys’ fruit diet, foods that support brain development have to be high in carbohydrate, easy to digest, abundant in the environment, and adequate in overall nutrient content and balance. A less concentrated diet, containing a lot of plant material, causes adaptive enlargement of the intestine.

Sefton10

I asked Ray for his opinion on Ménière's disease and possible link to previous shingles infection.

Ray:
The endorphins are sometimes responsible for one-sided symptoms. The shingles virus can sometimes affect a single organ; general reduction of inflammation should probably be the basic therapy. A single unsuspected food or supplement can sometimes maintain inflammation; careful elimination diets, avoiding a particular substance for 4 or 5 consecutive days, might make it possible to identify a cause.

I then asked him about a popular Ménière's protocol that essentially views it as localised viral infection/inflammation that reduces circulation, aligned with food/environmental allergens. It recommends Lysine, Lemon Bioflavanoids, Vinpocetine, Gingko, Vit C and Vit E. I also mentioned Olive Leaf Extract and Monolaurin as they are often recommended as potent antivirals, as well as pharma antivirals like Famvir and Acyclovir.

Ray:
In that list, bioflavonoids are the only things with good scientific support for safety and effect. The idea of an antiviral substance has led to a large amount of harm, by neglecting the effects of the substance on the (genetic) integrity of the organism. Antiinflammatory things, including aspirin, lidocaine, antihistamines, antibiotics, antiserotonergic drugs, are often antiviral in effect, without the risk of genetic damage.

AdoTintor

I asked Ray for his opinion on Ménière's disease and possible link to previous shingles infection.

Ray:

I then asked him about a popular Ménière's protocol that essentially views it as localised viral infection/inflammation that reduces circulation, aligned with food/environmental allergens. It recommends Lysine, Lemon Bioflavanoids, Vinpocetine, Gingko, Vit C and Vit E. I also mentioned Olive Leaf Extract and Monolaurin as they are often recommended as potent antivirals, as well as pharma antivirals like Famvir and Acyclovir.

Ray:
which are the bioflavinoids in that list? just the lemon? So he is down on OLE?

Me:
Hi

Personally I'm convinced that if people become healthy enough there could be a functioning society without money. In fact I see money as an indication of a nonfunctioning society.

I think money is a sluggish way for the slow minded to value the ideas and deeds of others and ultimately stands in the way of a better future.

(Not to say that money can't be used intelligently or that rich people are automatically immoral. When we're in a prison we need to use the tools inside the prison to escape.)

What do you think? Thanks.

Ray:
I agree, money-based thinking is a great impediment to personal and social development.

llian

Me:
Hey, dr. Peat !

Are you familiar with Andreas Moritz procedures to flush the liver and the gallbladder of gallstones with a mixture of olive oil, epsom salts and apple juice ? People reported great health improvements with this, what do you think about this procedure?

Also why these gallstones appear in the first place?

,Thanks and wish you a great day !

Ray:
A poor diet and low thyroid function lead to gallbladder and stone problems. The flush can work, unless the stones are too big.

gaze

What products do you shave with?

Ray: I have used only electric shavers since I was 16. Shaving with a blade was too irritating,

Mauritio

Q: Hello Mr. Peat,
Have you seen this study?
It shows vitamin K2 beeing very good at binding to the SARS-cov-2 spike protein.
Molecular Simulations suggest Vitamins, Retinoids and Steroids as Ligands of the Free Fatty Acid Pocket of the SARS‐CoV‐2 Spike Protein

A: I hadn’t seen it, thanks.

Q: You're welcome.
What do you think that means for k2 as a potential treatment for covid and vaccine damage / shedding?

A: Inflammation tends to calcify soft tissues, and K helps to prevent that, so, like vitamin D, it protects at a fundamental level.

Q: Thanks. I'm not sure if you've seen it ,but there is a study showing the spike protein beein able to activate TLR4 independently of its viral action .
So Vitamin D is working on an even more fundamental level, as it also works as a TLR4-antagonist.

SARS-CoV-2 spike protein interacts with and activates TLR41

YourUniverse

me: [a question about the virus]

Ray: "Have you heard about RFK, Jr.’s, book, The Real Anthony Fauci? He documents the intricate events that have led to the present situation."

Mauritio

What do you think is the best way to store olive oil?
Thank you .

A: Refrigerated.

Q: Okay thank you!

Do you think it makes sense to throw away the part of the oil that doesn't become solid in the fridge?

A: I don’t know; is the taste different?

Q: I haven't tried it personally. But I will ask the person who told me and get back to you.

(Later)
I havent heard back from him yet.

But I tried it out myself and the olive oil got completely solid at 5°C in the fridge. It looks like green coconut oil. There's not a single drop coming out of the bottle.
Does that mean its fats are very saturated?

Have you seen that before with olive oil?
It's a new kind of olive oil that I use . I put my old one in the fridge to see if it will become solid as well.

A: Mine does completely solidify at that that temperature. If they use a solvent to extract more oil after the first pressing, it will contain more PUFA. Also, the FDA found that an extremely high percentage if the olive oil sold in the US has been adulterated with cheaper things such as soy oil.

Q: Okay, thanks!

The other oil has been in the fridge for half the day and hasn't become solid, at all. So I think I won't buy that one again.

What do you think about olive oil as a skin care product against dry skin or wrinkles? There's some old people that swear by that.

A: Good olive oil is good for the skin.

Q: Do you have any favorite olives? I've read that koroneiki olives have a good amount of policosanol in it.

Speaking of policosanol: in my new olive oil there's a white mist/sediment, could that be the long chain saturated fatty acids?

A: I like all olives. I doubt that saturated fat would separate.

Q: Okay .

Do you think any olive oil would become solid if you leave it in the fridge long enough ?

My older olive oil eventually did become solid ,it just took a lot longer than my new one.

Here's what the person told me about pouring the liquid part away :

"I tried my DIY pufa reduced olive oil on my carrot salad and the usual slightly bitter taste has disappeared. Positively surprised."

A: That suggests that it’s reducing the PUFA conent of what’s left.

Mauritio

I I recently sent you a study, showing that vitamin K2 was good at binding to the spike protein.

Based on that I was wondering: if one was to get a covid vaccine, would topical application right after the shot increase the likelyhood of vitamin k binding to the spike protein?

Thank you.

A: It would have to be taken orally in big doses, along with other antiinflammatory things.

Mauritio

Q: Do you think the nanotechnology that novavax uses for their vaccine makes it more dangerous?

A: Using a new adjuvant as well as a new way of making antigens, so different from historical methods—considering that we are still discovering hrmful effects of the old vaccines, how long would testing have to be to show its long-range safety?

Lejeboca

> Hi Dr. Peat,
> What do you think would be the best course of action to sustain a good metabolism if one cannot get proper nutrition and avoid PUFA-ladden meals, such when in a prison or in a restricted camp.
> Thank you!

RP: Avoiding the worst foods as far as possible (things prepared with vegetable oil, margarine), getting as much sunlight and rest as possible. Potatoes and vegetables would be among the safer foods.

He also aptly changed my subject line "a grim question" to "foods" :coffee

Kvothe

Q: Do you think soaking oats in a calcium hydroxide solution for 24h would increase their nutritional value (digestibility, phytate content, calcium) in a similar manner this process improves corn?

A: I know someone who processed it and other grains, starting with boiling, and said they tasted good; I suppose there would be some synthesis of niacin and improved digestibility.

Q: Thanks. Nixtamalization greatly increases the calcium content of corn. Would the oats incorporate similar amounts of calcium during the soaking?

A: I think starting with boiling is important to accelerate the process; calcium will be retained.

gaze

Me:
Despite a lot of the climate change science and the focus on Co2 being flawed, do you think it's still rational to reduce carbon emissions and implement green policies because of the toxic environmental effects of oil, coal, and natural gas? Even if these policies coincide with electric vehicles and their emf?

Ray:
Top-down control of the economy by corporations has created the least efficient, but most profitable and most polluting outcome.
A good, well distributed system of public transportation, including electric trolley streetcars, convenient intercity trains, and hydrogen-powered smaller vehicles could efficiently integrate multiple power sources with minimal pollution.

Miso

Q: What would be your go-to medicines/food etc, if you started to develop "Covid" like symptoms like shortness of breath and fever?

RP: Aspirin, antihistamines, and antibiotics (azithromycin has been tested in covid), vitamin D, milk, orange juice,nebulized 4% saline, lidocaine (nebulized or oral), progesterone.

Br J Anaesth. 2020 Oct; 125(4): e391–e394.
A novel role for lidocaine in COVID-19 patients?

Dylan T. Finnerty1,2,3,∗ and Donal J. Buggy1,2,3,4
Editor—Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) is a novel viral respiratory disease that was declared a global pandemic by the WHO on March 11, 2020. The pathophysiology of the disease remains under investigation; however, a new perspective has emerged that neutrophils may play a central role in the organ damage and mortality associated with COVID-19.1

The most abundant leucocyte in peripheral blood, neutrophils play a crucial role in immune response to infection by killing pathogens (bacteria, fungi, viruses) by means of phagocytosis and oxidative burst. A third mechanism by which neutrophils kill invading organisms was discovered in 2004: formation of neutrophil extracellular traps (NETs).2 NETs are web-like structures of DNA studded with proteins that are extruded from the nucleus of neutrophils and function to trap and kill circulating pathogens. Like much of the immune response, netosis (the process of forming NETs) functions well as long as it is closely regulated. When dysregulation of netosis occurs, collateral damage ensues. Excessive production of NETS has been associated with disease progression in a range of pathological conditions including pre-eclampsia, lupus erythematosis, myocardial infarction, and sepsis.3, 4, 5, 6 Interestingly, the organ systems most commonly damaged by NETS, the pulmonary, cardiovascular, and renal systems, are the same organ systems that are most affected in severe COVID-19.1

NETs and COVID-19

Elevated levels of citrullinated histone H3 (Cit-H3) have been observed in hospitalised patients with COVID-19.7 Cit H3 is a specific biomarker of the presence of NETs. Whether the presence of markers of netosis bears clinical relevance is unknown as no longitudinal cohort studies have been published. However, in numerous disease models elevated Cit H3 is associated with poor outcomes.8, 9, 10 Interestingly, serum from COVID-19 patients triggered NET release from control neutrophils in vitro, suggesting COVID-19 creates a cellular environment in which netosis is more likely to occur.

NETs and acute respiratory distress syndrome

A subgroup of COVID-19 patients develops an acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS)-like state that frequently requires ICU-level support. Although there is some disagreement as to whether these patients fit the Berlin definition of ARDS, such discussions are to some degree academic.11 What is clear is that COVID-19 can cause a severe viral pneumonia associated with profound hypoxaemia and need for mechanical ventilation. NETs have been shown to contribute to disease progression in pulmonary infections,12, 13, 14 and animal models suggest that therapies that reduce formation of or lyse NETs reduce lung injury and mortality.15 , 16 Levels of NETs in the plasma and broncho-alveolar lavage fluid correlate with disease severity in patients with pneumonia-induced ARDS.17

NETs and thrombosis

A hypercoagulable state has been described in COVID-19 patients resulting in a high incidence of venous thromboembolic phenomena that contribute to the disease burden.18 NETs activate the contact pathway of the coagulation system while at the same time neutrophil elastase (a component of NETs) degrades natural antithrombotic agents such as antithrombin III and tissue factor pathway inhibitor.19 NETs are a prognostic indicator of venous thromboembolism in cancer patients and partly explain the hypercoagulable state associated with cancer.20 An animal model has shown that aberrant production of NETs causes microvascular thrombi particularly in the lungs.21

NETs and the COVID-19 cytokine storm

A proportion of COVID-19 patients develop a dysregulated release of pro-inflammatory cytokines that is termed a cytokine storm. Onset of this disease state in COVID-19 patients is associated with high mortality, and suppression of these overactivated cytokines is a therapeutic target of current interest. NETs have been shown to induce macrophages to secrete interleukin-1 (IL-1), which in turn induces IL-6.22 , 23 Both these ILs are seen as key players of the cytokine response, and antagonists to these cytokines (tocilizumab and anakinira) are currently being investigated in COVID-19 patients. Decreasing NET formation may help to dampen the upstream signal stimulating the release of these cytokines.

NETs as a therapeutic target

A recombinant DNAase (Dornase Alfa) is currently licensed for use in cystic fibrosis patients where it functions to dissolve NETs present in sputum and hence reduce the associated viscosity.24 Its use has been suggested in COVID-19 patients who may also have thick gelatinous airway secretions.1 Colchicine is currently being trialled in COVID-19 patients with a hypothesis that it may reduce neutrophil recruitment and hence NET formation (ClinicalTrials.gov identifiers: NCT04326790, NCT04328480, NCT04322565, NCT04322682).

Lidocaine as a potential therapy

The local anaesthetic drug lidocaine has been shown to reduce markers of netosis.25 This prospective RCT looked at the influence of anaesthetic interventions on netosis expression in patients undergoing breast cancer surgery. Subjects who received a lidocaine infusion, commencing at induction and continuing for 24 h postoperatively, had lower levels of Cit-H3 detected in plasma compared with well-matched control subjects who did not receive lidocaine. This is the first trial to show that lidocaine can positively influence the development of NETs in patients undergoing surgery. A mechanism for how lidocaine could suppress the formation of NETs has not been described but could be partly explained by its known anti-inflammatory properties.26

The evidence that lidocaine can suppress development of netosis in perioperative patients raises the possibility of repurposing it for use in COVID-19 patients. As evidence mounts that NETs play an important role in the pathological process of COVID-19, an agent that suppresses this could bring potential therapeutic benefits. Although lidocaine would not have a direct effect on the SARS CoV-2 virus, it may help to temper the immunological storm that is triggered in patients with severe disease (Fig. 1 ).

Open in a separate window
Fig 1
Proposed mechanism of lidocaine suppression of netosis. Purple cell represents a neutrophil undergoing netosis. G-CSF, granulocyte colony stimulating factor; G-CSF R, granulocyte colony stimulating factor receptor; HMGB-1, high mobility group box-1; TLR-4, Toll-like receptor-4.

Lidocaine infusions have a strong record of safety in clinical medicine. They are frequently used in chronic pain conditions and in gastrointestinal surgery where they have been shown to reduce postoperative opioid requirements and enhance bowel recovery.27 , 28 We hypothesise that lidocaine infusion in COVID-19 patients may decrease the formation of NETs and modulate the severity of disease.

Apart from its primary role as a local anaesthetic agent, lidocaine exhibits cytoprotective properties. Its ability to delay the onset of ischaemia-related potassium efflux may explain its benefit in animal models of brain injury.29 In addition, lidocaine has been shown to exhibit a number of anti-inflammatory properties. The ability of lidocaine to inhibit high mobility group box-1 (HMGB-1),30 and granulocyte colony stimulating factor (G-CSF) merits further research as both HMGB-1 via Toll-like receptor 4 (TLR-4)31 and G-CSF32 are key mediators in the initiation of netosis.33

Triggering of netosis is a complex process that can occur through a variety of mechanisms. The generation of reactive oxygen species (ROS) is a well-described pathway with some evidence suggesting that commonly used anaesthetic drugs such as propofol may suppress ROS and subsequent NET formation in healthy volunteers.34 However, netosis can also occur through ROS-independent pathways such as the HMGB-1 and G-CSF pathways. The primary pathway of netosis in COVID-19 patients is not currently known.

Important limitations should be highlighted with this proposal. The current evidence for lidocaine in suppressing netosis is in the perioperative setting. Here it is the surgical stress response that triggers formation of NETs. The mechanisms by which netosis occurs are not fully understood and possibly differ between patients undergoing surgery and those with viral pneumonia.

The optimum timing and duration of administration of lidocaine with a view to suppressing netosis is unknown. Furthermore, it is not known if this results in longer-term clinical benefits once the infusion is stopped. The work by Galoș and colleagues25 showed that lidocaine can suppress a biomarker of netosis at 24 h after surgery, but whether this translates into meaningful clinical benefits for patients was not answered. However, we do know that higher levels of NETs in the postoperative setting correlate with disease progression in cancer surgery and a higher incidence of venous thromboembolism.35 , 36

References

1. Barnes B.J., Adrover J.M., Baxter-Stoltzfus A., et al. Targeting potential drivers of COVID-19: neutrophil extracellular traps. J Exp Med. 2020;217 [PMC free article] [PubMed] [Google Scholar]
2. Brinkmann V., Reichard U., Goosmann C., et al. Neutrophil extracellular traps kill bacteria. Science. 2004;303:1532–1535. [PubMed] [Google Scholar]
3. Anurag K.G., Hasler P., Holzgreve W., Hahn S. Neutrophil NETs: a novel contributor to preeclampsia-associated placental hypoxia? Semin Immunopathol. 2007;29:163–167. [PubMed] [Google Scholar]
4. Knight J.S., Kaplan M.J. Lupus neutrophils: ‘NET’gain in understanding lupus pathogenesis. Curr Opin Rheumatol. 2012;24:441–450. [PubMed] [Google Scholar]
5. Vajen T., Koenen R.R., Werner I., et al. Blocking CCL5-CXCL4 heteromerization preserves heart function after myocardial infarction by attenuating leukocyte recruitment and NETosis. Sci Rep. 2018;8:1–11. [PMC free article] [PubMed] [Google Scholar]
6. O’Brien X.M., Biron B.M., Reichner J.S. Consequences of extracellular trap formation in sepsis. Curr Opin Hematol. 2017;24:66. [PMC free article] [PubMed] [Google Scholar]
7. Zuo Y., Yalavarthi S., Shi H., et al. Neutrophil extracellular traps in COVID-19. JCI Insight. 2020;5 [PMC free article] [PubMed] [Google Scholar]
8. Tohme S., Yazdani H.O., Al-Khafaji A.B., et al. Neutrophil extracellular traps promote the development and progression of liver metastases after surgical stress. Cancer Res. 2016;76:1367–1380. [PMC free article] [PubMed] [Google Scholar]
9. Li Y., Liu B., Fukudome E.Y., et al. Identification of citrullinated histone H3 as a potential serum protein biomarker in a lethal model of lipopolysaccharide-induced shock. Surgery. 2011;150:442–451. [PMC free article] [PubMed] [Google Scholar]
10. Ebrahimi F., Giaglis S., Hahn S., et al. Markers of neutrophil extracellular traps predict adverse outcome in community-acquired pneumonia: secondary analysis of a randomised controlled trial. Eur Respir J. 2018;51:1701389. [PubMed] [Google Scholar]
11. Gattinoni L., Coppola S., Cressoni M., et al. Covid-19 does not lead to a “typical” acute respiratory distress syndrome. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2020;201:1299–1300. [PMC free article] [PubMed] [Google Scholar]
12. Bendib I., de Chaisemartin L., Granger V., et al. Neutrophil extracellular traps are elevated in patients with pneumonia-related acute respiratory distress syndrome. Anesthesiology. 2019;130:581–591. [PubMed] [Google Scholar]
13. Mikacenic C., Moore R., Dmyterko V., et al. Neutrophil extracellular traps (NETs) are increased in the alveolar spaces of patients with ventilator-associated pneumonia. Crit Care. 2018;22:358. [PMC free article] [PubMed] [Google Scholar]
14. Lefrançais E., Mallavia B., Zhuo H., et al. Maladaptive role of neutrophil extracellular traps in pathogen-induced lung injury. JCI Insight. 2018;3 [PMC free article] [PubMed] [Google Scholar]
15. Narasaraju T., Yang E., Samy R.P., et al. Excessive neutrophils and neutrophil extracellular traps contribute to acute lung injury of influenza pneumonitis. Am J Pathol. 2011;179:199–210. [PMC free article] [PubMed] [Google Scholar]
16. Liu S., Su X., Pan P., et al. Neutrophil extracellular traps are indirectly triggered by lipopolysaccharide and contribute to acute lung injury. Sci Rep. 2016;6:37252. [PMC free article] [PubMed] [Google Scholar]
17. Lv X., Wen T., Song J., et al. Extracellular histones are clinically relevant mediators in the pathogenesis of acute respiratory distress syndrome. Respir Res. 2017;18:165. [PMC free article] [PubMed] [Google Scholar]
18. Klok F., Kruip M., Van der Meer N., et al. Incidence of thrombotic complications in critically ill ICU patients with COVID-19. Thromb Res. 2020;191:145–147. [PMC free article] [PubMed] [Google Scholar]
19. Fuchs T.A., Brill A., Wagner D.D. Neutrophil extracellular trap (NET) impact on deep vein thrombosis. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2012;32:1777–1783. [PMC free article] [PubMed] [Google Scholar]
20. Demers M., Krause D.S., Schatzberg D., et al. Cancers predispose neutrophils to release extracellular DNA traps that contribute to cancer-associated thrombosis. Proc Natl Acad Sci. 2012;109:13076–13081. [PMC free article] [PubMed] [Google Scholar]
21. Cedervall J., Zhang Y., Huang H., et al. Neutrophil extracellular traps accumulate in peripheral blood vessels and compromise organ function in tumor-bearing animals. Cancer Res. 2015;75:2653–2662. [PubMed] [Google Scholar]
22. Warnatsch A., Ioannou M., Wang Q., et al. Neutrophil extracellular traps license macrophages for cytokine production in atherosclerosis. Science. 2015;349:316–320. [PMC free article] [PubMed] [Google Scholar]
23. Dinarello C.A. Targeting the pathogenic role of interleukin 1β in the progression of smoldering/indolent myeloma to active disease. Mayo Clinic Proc. 2009;84:105–107. [PMC free article] [PubMed] [Google Scholar]
24. Papayannopoulos V., Staab D., Zychlinsky A. Neutrophil elastase enhances sputum solubilization in cystic fibrosis patients receiving DNase therapy. PLoS One. 2011;6 [PMC free article] [PubMed] [Google Scholar]
25. Galoș E.V., Tat T.-F., Popa R., et al. Neutrophil extracellular trapping and angiogenesis biomarkers after intravenous or inhalation anaesthesia with or without intravenous lidocaine for breast cancer surgery: a prospective, randomised trial. Br J Anaesth. 2020 doi: 10.1016/j.bja.2020.05.003. [PubMed] [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]
26. Hollmann M.W., Durieux M.E. Local anesthetics and the inflammatory response: a new therapeutic indication? Anesthesiology. 2000;93:858–875. [PubMed] [Google Scholar]
27. Bailey M., Corcoran T., Schug S., et al. Perioperative lidocaine infusions for the prevention of chronic postsurgical pain: a systematic review and meta-analysis of efficacy and safety. Pain. 2018;159:1696–1704. [PubMed] [Google Scholar]
28. Gustafsson U., Scott M., Hubner M., et al. Guidelines for perioperative care in elective colorectal surgery: enhanced Recovery after Surgery (ERAS®) society recommendations: 2018. World J Surg. 2019;43:659–695. [PubMed] [Google Scholar]
29. Zhou Y., Wang D., Du M., et al. Lidocaine prolongs the safe duration of circulatory arrest during deep hypothermia in dogs. Can J Anaesth. 1998;45:692–698. [PubMed] [Google Scholar]
30. Wang H.-L., Liu Y.-Y., Yan H.-D., et al. Intraoperative systemic lidocaine inhibits the expression of HMGB1 in patients undergoing radical hysterectomy. Int J Clin Exp Med. 2014;7:3398. [PMC free article] [PubMed] [Google Scholar]
31. Tadie J.-M., Bae H.-B., Jiang S., et al. HMGB1 promotes neutrophil extracellular trap formation through interactions with Toll-like receptor 4. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol. 2013;304:L342–L349. [PMC free article] [PubMed] [Google Scholar]
32. Johnson M., Crowley P., Foley A., et al. Effect of perioperative lidocaine on metastasis after sevoflurane or ketamine-xylazine anaesthesia for breast tumour resection in a murine model. Br J Anaesth. 2018;121:76–85. [PubMed] [Google Scholar]
33. Snoderly H.T., Boone B.A., Bennewitz M.F. Neutrophil extracellular traps in breast cancer and beyond: current perspectives on NET stimuli, thrombosis and metastasis, and clinical utility for diagnosis and treatment. Breast Cancer Res. 2019;21:1–13. [PMC free article] [PubMed] [Google Scholar]
34. Chen M.-S., Lin W.-C., Yeh H.-T., et al. Propofol specifically reduces PMA-induced neutrophil extracellular trap formation through inhibition of p-ERK and HOCl. Life Sci. 2019;221:178–186. [PubMed] [Google Scholar]
35. Erpenbeck L., Schön M. Neutrophil extracellular traps: protagonists of cancer progression? Oncogene. 2017;36:2483–2490. [PubMed] [Google Scholar]
36. Demers M., Wagner D.D. NETosis: a new factor in tumor progression and cancer-associated thrombosis. Semin Thromb Hemost. 2014;40:277–283. [PMC free article] [PubMed] [Google Scholar]

Mauritio

Q: Hello Mr Peat,
I've been seeing more and more signs that a cyber attack on the banks or something similar might be right around the corner.
You probably read it, but a few nations just simulated a cyber attack and Jerome powell was also talking about it recently.

What do you think about that ?

Thank you.

A:The pandemic confirmed that 2/3 of the people are perfectly compliant with whatever the powers mandate, so they are encouraged to move quickly toward the end state—banks are threatened by cyber attacks, so the government will take care of our money and needs, if we are good citizens.

Q:If we are good citizens " ...and take our monthly vaccine ,I guess.

Do you think it's any good withdrawing ones money from the bank , so one has at least some cash at hand?

A:I think it’s good to keep several thousand dollars for emergency living or leaving expenses.

Mauritio

Q:Hello Mr Peat,
I hope you're doing well.
Do you know if there's anything special about vitamin K2 in regards to defattening the liver?
On the raypeatforum caffeine and K2 seem to be the gold standard for defattening the liver . I haven't found much information on the possible mechanism of action of K2, except of a comment on it affecting the kupfer cells in the liver somehow. Do you think K2 is superior to other fat solubles in that case?

A:Vitamin K supports the energetic effect of coenzyme Q10.

Sefton10

Q. I asked Ray about Ramsay Hunt syndrome (a complication of shingles, with some symptoms overlapping with Meniere's) and whether antivirals should be considered.

A. "I haven’t known anyone who had that diagnosis. Have you had blood tests for vitamin D and TSH? Have you tried cyproheptadine and oral lidocaine? I think I would try supplements of naringenin and fisetin, leaving a pharmaceutical antiviral as a last resort."

jomamma007

Ray,
Do you normally sleep straight through the night, or do you wake up, have a snack and go back to bed? Does it vary depending on the season, and general stress? It seems that holding onto liver glycogen for a full 8 hours as an adult in this modern world is quite difficult.

“I rarely sleep straight through, usually have orange juice or other snack. Long days and good weather help.”

Mauritio

Q:You recently told me that vitamin K would have to be taken in high doses orally, along with other anti-inflammatories for vaccine damage prevention.
What would you consider a good dose in this case?
Some say 1mg is a lot, but in some studies they used up to 45mg daily.

Thank you .

A:It’s antinflammatory in that range.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals