Ray Peat Email Advice Depository

Dr. B

Q: Someone said gelatin has lots of arginine and causes pimples and shingles when eaten
Can great lakes gelatin be eaten straight out of the container with a spoon or does it need to be cooked or have water added

A: I hadn’t heard the pimples-shingles thing before. When I have traveled, it has been convenient to eat it plain with juice, but some people get gas unless it’s very well dissolved.

Q: Whats your thoughts on dried fruits sir like dried orgsnic mango, organic pineapple, organic dates, organic figs

A. If they agree with you they are fine.

Q: Does gelatin lack cysteine, methionine and tryptophan?
The person said gelatines high arginine content caused reactivation of their chickenpox pimples etc... i dont know
Do you like organic grass fed whey protein
Not sure if I should use whey protein powder or get great lakes beef gelatin and eat it straight out the jar with a spoon
Is gelatin good with salt?

A: Whey protein is definitely something I wouldn’t eat.

Q: Mate did you say the green tub of Great Lakes is dangerous due to the hydrolysis and enzymes used could be toxic allergenic?

A: No, didn’t say that.

Q: Dr Peat where did you travel and when
Was it for work or for fun
Isnt there big risks to travelling via plane
SInce you have to go through Xrays and metal detectors and all those machines
Then the airplane itself...

A: I haven’t gone near an airport since they got the x-ray machines and the guns. I always travel by car, ship or train. I don’t distinguish between work and fun.

Q: Sir how to protect ourselves from emf and radiation and 5g
Calcium and milk helps?
Liver? Vitamin d?

A: A room or house can be shielded with screens attached to ground.

Q: What kind if screens, the silver metal screens..? Is silver the only metal that protects from EMF
Sir do you have a smartphone with the gmail app? How did you reply to my email so quickly
Sir what dietary things can we use to protect from EMF or help detox their effects...
I heard calcium and magnesium can help
But obviously magnesium supplements are dangerous
Several people get a hair shedding effect from
Vitamin K2 MK4
I think its actions with calcium lead it to maybe drop calcium too low which results in prolactin and PTH rising which is why this hair shedding effect occurs from K2 MK4...

A:Any conductor works, e.g. iron or copper. No cell phone, it’s just chance when I answer an email. From internet reports, doing anything can cause hair shedding.

Q: Im not sure whats changed but ive heard pregnenolone is extracted from wild yam or from diosgenin. Maybe in the past it was sourced from beef brains or something and was safer. Taurine doesnt have serious side effects, but modern taurine supplements have side effects in many people, and i remember in the past it was extracted from bull testicles whereas now its chemically synthesized...

A: From the symptoms people are describing, I think some of the pregnenolone being sold is contaminated. I ate 3000 mg per day 35 years ago, when only one big company was making it.
The pregnenolone I had was made from wild yam diosgenin by Syntex, which had the best equipment and the best chemists. There are dozens of companies making it now, and like most other products, it’s being made without the best available methods which would be too expensive.

Q: In the past, many people got sunlight and outdoor activity. Yet there were both white europeans, asians and arabs, yet also darker native Americans, south americans, indians and africans.
It seems the darker skin color and darker hair color is not just a result of being in the sun longer but is because the darker skin color likely resulted from cultures who were nudist or who showed a lot more skin?
Keep in mind the european whites had Conservative Christian culture, the Arabian whites had Islamic culture, these two groups would wear covering clothing and cover most of the body even in warm desert weather.
The indians and africans had tribal cultures and different religions more open to nudity.
Is this why arabs and europeans are lighter skinned while indians and africans are darker? All these groups were out in sunlight all day, except the arabs and europeans likely werent showing as much skin?

A: I think so; covering the skin can create a vitamin D deficiency unless certain kinds of food are available, so lighter skinned people will be more likely to survive in those conditions.

Q: What causes these large noses to develop in many Indian and African people? How come the large noses are seen as unattractive by so many people, it seems many people prefer medium colored skin tones or lighter skin tones, and prefer smaller noses to larger noses. Are these things like very dark skin and huge noses harmful to the body in some way, is it like an overdose of sunlight that causes these effects?

A: Stressful prenatal conditions reduce the size of the eyeballs and brain, and those defects are biologically recognized. The shape of eyelids and noses has very little biological meaning, and the preferences are powerfully shaped by the history of colonialism.

Q: Are you usually home these days? What do you do for fun besides painting? Seems like you use the computer a lot!
Professor Peat
Is reaching puberty at 11 years old early for men, whats the ideal age for puberty for men...
Sir whats your thoughts on myostatin
Do you believe the stories? Christian/Islamic Prophet Noahs grandfather Methlusah, lived until 967 years old. Prophet Adam was apparently 50 feet tall... do you think these things were true
Someone said the oceans all used to be in the skies, providing a shell and protection from radiation, and that this allowed humans and animals to get to much much larger sizes and development have you heard of the oceans all being in the skies and after the great flood they settled at the bottom...
Sir, apparently gelatin lacks all the BCAA and methionine and histidine and tryptophan and cysteine... is it not a good protein soudce since BCAAA are especially needed
Everyone seems to hate big noses including peoole who have them...whys that, is there maybe something indicating poor health when it comes to a very large nose on someone...

A: Gelatin contains the BCAA; its value is the lack of the pro-inflammatory amino acids that are required for growth. All of our tissues have self regulating growth systems, to maintain proper organismic form.

Q: Are there any vaccines you approve of? Some people claim polio vaccines are really important and etc
IT all seems strange... i dint think any vaccine are needed

A: It’s mostly just something to keep doctors busy; the tetanus vaccine has only killed a few people (botulism has rarely killed kids).
The new RNA things are extremely different, have already killed many more than all the other vaccine together.

View: https://www.bitchute.com/video/9enapGHu7UmI/

Q: Whats that on bitchute you linked there
Did you take any vaccines yourself do you think polio and tetanus and meningitis vaccines are safe
Do you like eating fertile eggs
Apprently they inhibit myostatin leading to more muscle growth

A: That’s about the corona virus and vaccine. I haven’t been vaccinated, and don’t usually eat fertile eggs.

Q: Have you tried milk from guernsey, jersey, ayrshire, milking shorthorn, brown swiss, illawatta, dutch belt cows?
All have very different tastes flavors.
DO you think the taste of milk changes depending whether its a guernsey dad, jersey mom vs a jersey dad and guernsey mom? Maybe it leans more towards one direction depending on parents breeds? Even though both are jersey guernsey mixes
Sir would you ever drink human breast milk? Apparently its very digestible and nutritious apparently theres a market for it. Do you think the taste of breast Milk changes depending whether the mama is black or white or asian or indian or latina etc...

A: I haven’t tried them all; even within a breed, individual cows have slightly individual flavors, and it varies over time, depending on how they feel and what they eat. It’s the same with people, their diet affects the flavor, and it’s sweeter when they are happy.

Q: Which cow breed do you like best?
Dutch belt are very rare, less than 1500 in the world, the ones in the US are closer to the original breed than the ones in eirope now, you can actually order raw dutch milk online from dutchmeadowsfarm.com,
Worth a try for it
Brown swiss, ayrshire, illawatta and milking shorthorn seem very tough to find in the US.
Jersey milk seems best, followed by jersey holstein mix, followed bt holstein, followed by dutch belt and then guernsey
The guernsey and jersey milks are golden yellow colored instead of white, apparently they have a lot more nutrients than the holstein milk and some say white milk only exists now because of factory farmed cowd and if milk is white it lacks nutrients compared to non white milk

A: Jerseys are my favorite, for personality, but the flavor depends mainly on what they eat.

Q: Where can we get breast milk as adults, and would it be healthier to drink breast milk from a healthy human than from a different animal mate

A: There are internet places that sell it frozen for women who can’t produce enough milk.

JamesGatz

Q:
I believe I heard in one of your interviews that your house was cement - To protect myself from outside temperature, EMF, 5G, etc. - would a fully cement home with many windows for sunlight be a good start for a peat-friendly home?

Ray:
It depends on the climate. Thick cement walls, with insulination on the outside, keep the temperature relatively steady, so that the day’s heat keeps the nights warm, and cool nights keep the days from overheating. My favorite houses have been adobe, with thick mud walls and high ceilings. For example, an old house in Mexico with neither heating nor cooling stayed around 69 degrees F most of the time.

P

Peatness

Plague of Corruption and More Questions

Me: AstraZeneca is conducting clinical trials for a vaccine for the Plague. I find this news disturbing. Do you think this is likely to bring back the disease to the masses?

Covid-vaccine scientists begin plague-jab trial

Dr Peat: They have been working on plague at Fort Detrick along with corona virus, and they were talking about a corona virus vaccine years before they announced the pandemic, so it could be coming up any time.

Me:If someone has not been vaccinated with the covid vaccine but finds that their tissues (back and upper body) are magnetic how can this be explained? What remedies can reduce the magnetism?

Dr Peat: I don’t think body magnetism is a problem unless you cause a compass needle to deviate from its north-south alignment.

Me: Is verapamil a relatively safe calcium channel blocker for reducing calcium build after an injury. Alternatives remedies have been tried including diet of low pufa, progesterone, thyroid, vitamin d e k etc

Dr Peat: Keeping the diet high in calcium relative to phosphate, with adequate thyroid and vitamin D minimizes soft tissue calcification.

Mauritio

Q:Hello Mr . Peat,

Do you think LSDs activation of phospholipase A2 is a problem in small doses ?

A:I don’t think so.

Q:Because of the dosage or in generell?

A:Because of the small effect from low doses.

Q:Thank you.

Would you say the same is true for low dose LSD(~10mcgs) and 5HT2a activation in regards to liver and heart fibrosis?

A: I don’t think there’s any relevant information yet.

J Psychopharmacol. 2019 Sep;33(9):1039-1057.
Microdosing psychedelics: More questions than answers? An overview and suggestions for future research
Kim Pc Kuypers, Livia Ng, David Erritzoe, Gitte M Knudsen, Charles D Nichols, David E Nichols, Luca Pani, Anaïs Soula, David Nutt.
Background:
In the past few years, the issue of ‘microdosing’ psychedelics has been openly discussed in the public arena where claims have been made about their positive effect on mood state and cognitive processes such as concentration. However, there are very few scientific studies that have specifically addressed this issue, and there is no agreed scientific consensus on what microdosing is.
Aim:
This critique paper is designed to address questions that need to be answered by future scientific studies and to offer guidelines for these studies.
Approach:
Owing to its proximity for a possible approval in clinical use and short-lasting pharmacokinetics, our focus is predominantly on psilocybin. Psilocybin is allegedly, next to lysergic acid diethylamide (LSD), one of the two most frequently used psychedelics to microdose. Where relevant and available, data for other psychedelic drugs are also mentioned.
Conclusion:
It is concluded that while most anecdotal reports focus on the positive experiences with microdosing, future research should also focus on potential risks of (multiple) administrations of a psychedelic in low doses. To that end, (pre)clinical studies including biological (e.g. heart rate, receptor turnover and occupancy) as well as cognitive (e.g. memory, attention) parameters have to be conducted and will shed light on the potential negative consequences microdosing could have.

Beastmode

Me:
I know you're not a fan of IQ tests, but have you ever taken one years ago by any chance? Curious what you scored, I would imagine high.

Peat:
Yes. In graduate school (1956) the Miller Analogies Test was required. My score wasn’t returned until months after the others, because it was far outside what they expected.

Dr. B

Q:Mate why not drink breast milk instead of cows milk...
What do you eat when travelling
A:Obviously the expense. J.D. Rockefeller had his daily milkshake. Cow's milk is almost as good.

Q: Professor Peat
I dont follow, are you saying jd rockefeller drank human breast milk daily, and you’d do the same if it was readily available? Where did rockefeller get his milk supply from?
Sir, you mentioned covering skin causing vitamin d deficiency...
what were people in colder climates supposed to eat, apparently the cod liver oil was excellent source of vitamim d3 but if thats not acceptable how are people in the colder places supposed to get vitamim d since sunlights scarce and their clothes cover their skin as well... are people not meant to be living in very cold places to begin with...
A: Cod liver is a better source of vitamin D than cod liver oil.

Q: As a grown adult, should breast milk be sourced from someone you know, and can trust isnt using vaccines or PUFA or all those different things
A: It’s more likely than cow’s milk to transmit disease.

Q: SIr did rockefeller drink breast milk daily? Was it his wifes or whos
A: Having one’s own cow reduces the risk of infection. Rockefeller bought it.

Q: Is it worth drinking breast milk and is it better to get it from a family member, significant other, or like online, or whoever's healthiest
A: I don’t think it’s worth the bother and expense.

Q: Dr Peat i heard you said A2 vs A1 shouldn’t matter but A2 seems to cause no digestion issues in many people also heard A2 has proline on the molecule whereas A1 has a histidine instead of proline or something... supposedly A1 has more of an opioid effect than A2...
A: The differences in the milk have been demonstrated by injecting the partially digested casein into the brains of mice. As far as science goes, the difference is only a matter for marketing. People are easily changed by advertising. Medicine in the last 100 years has been nothing but the creation of a more and more lucrative market.

Q: Sir How tall are you and how long have you been vaccine, fluoride and xray free
A: I haven’t measured for years, but the last time, maybe 5 years ago, I had grown another half inch since I had an exam for a drivers license five years before that. About 5’10”. I drank fluoridated water unknowingly for about 3 days while visiting; I always reject x-rays; never vaccinated as a child.

Q: A2 is proline A1 is opood? A1 only developed 1000 years ago apparently due to animals being sick and fed cow meat
A: Advertisers always make up anything to sell the product.

Q: Dr Peat , have you heard of belgian blue cattle
OF you google them they look very impressive... extremely lean, muscular, apparently they, despite being given similar feed to other cows are able to create a lot more muscle and store less fat apparently tis is due to them having a myostatin deficiency
A: Their mother was scared by a body builder.

Q: I don’t understand?
What allowed you to gain height in your 80s is it the high calcium diet and good thyroidd function
A: I think it started in my 40’s when I first supplemented thyroid, DHEA, and progesterone. I think spending time later in high altitude Mexico helped the process.

A popular (and widely believed) old wives’ tale in anglo culture was the idea that birth defects reflected the image that was impressed on the pregnant women:

"Awhile ago there was a thread about jokes you didn't get in cartoons. I just remembered this one:
In Porky in Wackyland we find out that a three (Stooges) headed creature's mother was "scared by a pawnbroker's sign." I never quite understood that comment. What does that mean exactly?
The only thing I could come up with is a similar comment in The Elephant Man, where people blamed John Merrick's horrible deformity on the fact that his mother was knocked down by an elephant while pregnant. Is the comment in Wackyland meant to hint at this same sort of thing? Or am I way off base?"

Q: How can we get RU486 sir... I wonder what it would do given it's anti cushing's effects
A: I think pregnenolone is as effective and easier to get.

P

Peatness

Me: Does Covid 19 exist as a respiratory disease that can pass from person to person?

Is this what caused the covid 19? https://www.pnas.org/content/117/13/7001?cct=2302

When a PCR tests positive for Covid what exactly is it finding?

Dr Peat: Several years ago, when the CDC was reporting big numbers of people dying from seasonal “influenza,” actual tests were showing that the pneumonia cases were associated with small percentages of influenza, corona, and syncytial virus, some bacterial infections, and many with no identifiable pathogen. The PCR test, according to Kary Mullis, can’t diagnose anything, and isn’t valid when run for more than 20 or 25 cycles, because of the high number of false positives with more cycles. Hospitals were instructed by WHO and CDC to run it for 40 to 45 cycles, guaranteeing that it would almost always produce a positive result. When the vaccines became available, the CDC announced that they would be recommending a lower number of cycles. When they wanted a frightening number of “cases,” at least 40 cycles, when they wanted to show that vaccines were effective, a more reasonable number of cycles. Influenza deaths disappeared suddenly the week that “covid” deaths spiked; phony tests allowed them to rename the cause of death.

Michael Yeadon:

View: https://www.bitchute.com/video/9enapGHu7UmI/

Peter McCullough:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAHi3lX3oGM

View: https://rumble.com/vk5jd0-dr.-peter-mccullough-urgent-warning-about-poisonous-jabs-an-agonizing-situa.html

David Martin:

View: https://rumble.com/vk2bya-exclusive-dr.-david-martin-just-ended-covid-fauci-doj-politicians-in-one-in.html

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_uSZAWQmMM

DR DAVID MARTIN & REINER FUELLMICH: EVIDENCE FROM PATENTS THAT FAUCI, GOVTS, AND MEDIA ARE LYING

Richard Fleming:
LIVE STREAM OF EVENT 2021 | Fleming-Method

Sucharit Bhakdi:
DR. SUCHARIT BHAKDI INTERVIEW – COVID VACCINE BLOOD CLOT RISK WAS KNOWN, IGNORED & BURIED (MIRRORED)

Astrid Stuckelberger:
W.H.O. WHISTLEBLOWER Astrid Stuckelberger CONNECTS THE DOTS The Highwire with Del Bigtree

Kvothe

Q: Sir How tall are you and how long have you been vaccine, fluoride and xray free
A: I haven’t measured for years, but the last time, maybe 5 years ago, I had grown another half inch since I had an exam for a drivers license five years before that. About 5’10”. I drank fluoridated water unknowingly for about 3 days while visiting; I always reject x-rays; never vaccinated as a child.

I'm pretty sure Ray is significantly taller than 5´10. I think he once mentioned 6´1.

blob69

Ray about cats needing carbs and what would be an ideal cat diet: "They can handle some carbohydrate, but most of the diet should be meat, fish, eggs, liver, skin, cartilage, and ground bone or cheese or milk for extra calcium. There are some very interesting videos on youtube of cats enjoying candies, ice cream, melons, etc., that I think disprove the idea that cats can't taste sugar."

blob69

And about cats needing to avoid milk, as most veterinarians suggest: "Everyone seems to have their idea of who is lactose intolerant. Cats obviously adapt very well to milk, the way people do. "

Mauritio

How to contact ray, i don't see any form on his site?
Please post this in the thread below. This thread is only for the exchanges with ray.

RealNeat

Me:

Dr. Peat, thank you again for all your efforts to educate people like myself. You've been an important and impactful teacher in my life and others.

One question I've heard you answer many times is the question of viral isolation particularly whether or not SARSCOV2 exists. These questions are brought up by people who have listened to the work of people like Andre Kaufman and Tom Cowan.

Your answer seems to be that one need not isolate a thing completely to view its effects. I can't entirely comprehend this concept. It seems to me that in order to show that something has a said effect it needs to be isolated in the first place to know its effect. And knowing would then later reproduce identification.

The known definition of isolation many are looking for in studies that claim to have isolated SARSCOV2 don't seem to have actually done it. The purification of the samples seems absent and without purification there can be no identification of a disease causing culprit.

Here it is worded by the doctors I'm referring to Virus Isolation (SOVI) by Morell, Cowan & Kaufman

I'd love if you could offer some more clarity on why you believe SARSCOV2 to exist and if it has ever been properly isolated and shown to be the causal culprit of COVID19. Thank you!

Dr. Peat:

If they have a particular tissue extract that will cause the same symptoms 100% of the time, and find that putting that extract through a filter with a smaller pore size results in an extract that never causes the disease, as researchers were doing 120 years ago, they had evidence that a particle of a certain size was causative. They they treated their sample in different ways, showing that certain chemical or enzymic treatments would always destroy the infectivity, narrowing the range of possibilities of the nature of the infective substance. Specific antibodies produced in reaction to the substance provided more information about its composition. A very large number of tests increased knowledge of the composition of the infective substances. When electron microscopes became available, images of the infective concentrates, combined with chemistry, provided information about the spatial arrangement of the chemical components whose presence and proportions were known. Procedures known already to destroy infectivity of the substance could now be seen to cause specific changes in the EM images. I think Cowan and Kaufman have just skipped a century of the details of virology.

Peatful

Rays response to a general question regarding cashless society:

Klaus Schwab’s/WEF’s silly slogan, “you will own nothing, you will be happy,” neglected to point out that the ruling class will be renting you everything you use, at the price they set. For decades they have been methodically moving the world toward this position of absolute power for themselves and absolute powerlessness for the others who survive.
Schwab said the planetary warming threat wasn’t working fast enough, but the pandemic would accomplish it in a very short time. Have you seen Catherine Austin Fitts’ website? She recommends avoiding use of credit cards and checks whenever possible. Alison McDowell’s Wrench in the Gears Covid, Cybernetics, And The New Normal covers related issues.

The Great Reset: A Unique Twin Summit to Begin 2021 - The ...
https://www.weforum.org › press › 2020/06 › the-great...
Jun 3, 2020 — The Great Reset” will be the theme of a unique twin summit to be convened by the World Economic Forum in January 2021

blob69

How to improve a hissing, fearful cat's behavior: Milk and vitamin D, and maybe a little progesterone or pregnenolone, can reduce fearfulness. If the kittens are more open to being petted, the mother could learn by watching. An extremely small amount of cyproheptadine helps with anxiety.

Question
I have read extensively about what you say about NO, and I am sure PDE5 inhibitors are bad for health but there is SO little in terms of studies.

What can I tell people who are taking PDE5 inhibitors who may want to know more about what they are taking and the risks?

Thanks and I will post this to forums if you respond as many people have the same questions.

Answer
Serious side-effects of lucrative drugs usually aren’t discovered until after patents have expired; who would fund the research? They work by increasing inflow to the penis, but testosterone works by reducing outflow, and its effects are properly coordinated with the situation.

RealNeat

Me:
Ivermectin is getting a lot of attention and it seems it has become the new superstar instead of or alongside HCQ. Do you think it is as effective and safe as many are making it out to be? It seems to be a relatively new drug compared to things like MB and Aspirin? Thank you.

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41429-021-00430-5.pdf

Ray:
A few small doses for treatment are safe, but I don’t think it’s safe enough to use for preventive purposes, continuing.

J Agric Food Chem. 2016 Sep 14;64(36):6895-902.
doi: 10.1021/acs.jafc.6b02812. Epub 2016 Sep 1.
Avermectin Confers Its Cytotoxic Effects by Inducing DNA Damage and Mitochondria-Associated Apoptosis
Yang Zhang 1 , Mingming Luo 1 , Wenping Xu 1 , Mingjun Yang 1 , Bo Wang 1 , Jufang Gao 2 , Yaxiao Li 3 , Liming Tao 1
Avermectin (AVM) has been widely used in agriculture and animal husbandry on the basis of its broad spectrum of effective anthelmintic activity and specificity targets. However, AVM induction of cytotoxicity through DNA damage is remains elusive. Here we investigate the cytotoxic effects of AVM in human nontarget cells in vitro. We clarify that AVM inhibited the viability of HeLa cells and enhanced apoptosis. We have used alkaline comet assay and γH2AX foci formation to detect DNA damage of HeLa cells. As expected, we found AVM caused DNA double-strand breaks in HeLa cells, as measured by significance of comet assay parameters (e.g., tail DNA) and increases of γH2AX foci in HeLa cells. Moreover, established assays of cytotoxicity were performed to characterize the mechanism of AVM toxicity on HeLa cells. The results demonstrated the collapse of mitochondrial membrane potential, and up-regulating the expression level of Bax/Bcl-2 resulted in a release of cytochrome c into cytosol as well as the activation of caspase-9/-3 and cleavage of poly(ADP-ribose) polymerase (PARP). We conclude that AVM has a potential risk to human health by inducing human cell DNA damage and mitochondria-associated apoptosis.
Keywords: DNA damage; apoptosis; avermectin; cytotoxic effects; mitochondrial pathway.

Toxicol In Vitro. 2012 Feb;26(1):51-6.
doi: 10.1016/j.tiv.2011.10.007. Epub 2011 Oct 17.
Abamectin affects the bioenergetics of liver mitochondria: A potential mechanism of hepatotoxicity
Juliana C Castanha Zanoli 1 , Marcos A Maioli, Hyllana C D Medeiros, Fábio E Mingatto
Free article
Abstract
Abamectin (ABA) is a macrocyclic lactone of the avermectin family used worldwide as an antiparasitic agent in farm animals and pets and as the active ingredient of insecticides and nematicides. In this study, the effects of abamectin on the bioenergetics of mitochondria isolated from rat liver were evaluated. Mitochondria are responsible for converting the energy released by electron transport and stored as the binding energy molecule ATP. Xenobiotics that interfere with its synthesis or utilization can be acutely or chronically toxic. Abamectin (5-25μM) caused concentration-dependent inhibition of the respiratory chain without affecting the membrane potential or the activity of enzymes NADH dehydrogenase or succinate dehydrogenase. This behavior is similar to oligomycin and carboxyatractyloside and suggests direct action on F(o)F(1)-ATPase and/or the adenine nucleotide translocator (ANT). ABA more pronouncedly inhibited ATPase phosphohydrolase activity in intact, uncoupled mitochondria than in freeze-thawed disrupted mitochondria. ADP-stimulated depolarization of the mitochondrial membrane potential was also inhibited by ABA. Our results indicate that ABA interacts more specifically with the ANT, resulting in functional inhibition of the translocator with consequent impairment of mitochondrial bioenergetics. This effect could be involved in the ABA toxicity to hepatocytes.
Copyright © 2011 Elsevier Ltd. All rights reserved.

Toxicol In Vitro. 2013 Mar;27(2):570-9.
doi: 10.1016/j.tiv.2012.10.017. Epub 2012 Nov 6.
The role of mitochondria and biotransformation in abamectin-induced cytotoxicity in isolated rat hepatocytes
Marcos A Maioli 1 , Hyllana C D de Medeiros, Marieli Guelfi, Vitor Trinca, Flávia T V Pereira, Fábio E Mingatto
Free article
Abstract
Abamectin (ABA), which belongs to the family of avermectins, is used as a parasiticide; however, ABA poisoning can impair liver function. In a previous study using isolated rat liver mitochondria, we observed that ABA inhibited the activity of adenine nucleotide translocator and FoF1-ATPase. The aim of this study was to characterize the mechanism of ABA toxicity in isolated rat hepatocytes and to evaluate whether this effect is dependent on its metabolism. The toxicity of ABA was assessed by monitoring oxygen consumption and mitochondrial membrane potential, intracellular ATP concentration, cell viability, intracellular Ca(2+) homeostasis, release of cytochrome c, caspase 3 activity and necrotic cell death. ABA reduces cellular respiration in cells energized with glutamate and malate or succinate. The hepatocytes that were previously incubated with proadifen, a cytochrome P450 inhibitor, are more sensitive to the compound as observed by a rapid decrease in the mitochondrial membrane potential accompanied by reductions in ATP concentration and cell viability and a disruption of intracellular Ca(2+) homeostasis followed by necrosis. Our results indicate that ABA biotransformation reduces its toxicity, and its toxic action is related to the inhibition of mitochondrial activity, which leads to decreased synthesis of ATP followed by cell death.
Copyright © 2012 Elsevier Ltd. All rights reserved.

Tsitol Genet. Sep-Oct 2011;45(5):58-64.
[Avermectin effects on ultrastructure characteristics of the loach embryos]
[Article in Ukrainian]
S M Mandzynets, O R Kulachkovskyĭ, M V Bura
No abstract available

Chemosphere. 2013 Nov;93(10):2528-34.
doi: 10.1016/j.chemosphere.2013.09.058. Epub 2013 Oct 14.
Avermectin induced inflammation damage in king pigeon brain
Li-Jie Chen 1 , Bao-Hong Sun, Jian Ping Qu, Shiwen Xu, Shu Li
To determine the effect of Avermectin (AVM) on inflammation damage in king pigeon brain, eighty two-month-old American king pigeons were randomly divided into four groups, and were fed with either commercial diet or AVM-supplemented diet containing 20 mg kg(-1)diet, 40 mg kg(-1)diet, and 60 mg kg(-1)diet AVM for 30, 60 and 90 d, respectively. Then, the expression level of inflammatory factors (iNOS, PTGEs, NF-κB), histological damage, and ultra-structural damage were examined. It showed that AVM caused higher expressions (P<0.05) of iNOS, PTGEs, NF-κB with disorganized histological and ultra-structural structures in cerebrum, cerebellum, and optic lobe. Meanwhile, inflammatory and histopathological damage were induced by AVM in king pigeon brains. In addition, the main targeted organelle in nervous system was mitochondria, which indicated that mitochondria may be relevant to the process of inflammation induced by AVM. To our best knowledge, this is the first report to study the toxic effect of AVM on inflammatory damage in king pigeon. Thus, the information presented in this study is believed to be helpful in supplementing data for further AVM toxicity study.
Keywords: Avermectin; Brain; Inflammatory damage; King pigeon.
Copyright © 2013 Elsevier Ltd. All rights reserved.

Ecotoxicol Environ Saf. 2013 Dec;98:74-81.
doi: 10.1016/j.ecoenv.2013.09.021. Epub 2013 Oct 15.
Avermectin induced liver injury in pigeon: mechanisms of apoptosis and oxidative stress
Wen-Jun Zhu 1 , Ming Li, Ci Liu, Jian-Ping Qu, Ya-Hong Min, Shi-Wen Xu, Shu Li
Extensive use of avermectin (AVM) can result in environment pollution, and it is important to evaluate the potential impact this antibiotic has on ecological systems. Few published literatures have discussed the liver injury mechanisms induced by AVM on birds. In this study, pigeons were exposed to feed containing AVM (0, 20, 40 and 60 mg/kg diet) for 30, 60, 90 days respectively. The results showed that AVM increased the number of apoptosis and the expression level of caspase-3, 8, fas mRNA in the liver of pigeons. Ultrastructural alterations, including mitochondrial damage and chromatin aggregation, become severe with increase exposure dose. Exposure to AVM induced significant changes in antioxidant enzyme {superoxide dismutase (SOD) and glutathione peroxidase (GSH-Px)} activities and malondialdehyde (MDA) content, augmented protein carbonyl (PCO) content and DNA-protein crosslink (DPC) coefficient, in a concentration-dependent manner in the liver of pigeons. Our results show that AVM has toxic effect in pigeon liver, and the mechanism of injury caused by AVM is closely related to apoptosis and oxidative stress.
Keywords: 2,4-dinitrophenylhydrazine; AVM; Apoptosis; Avermectin; DNA–protein crosslinks; DNPH; DPC; EDTA; FasL; GSH-Px; Liver; MDA; Oxidative stress; PCO; Pigeon; ROS; SOD; ethylenediamine tetraacetic acid; fas ligand; glutathione peroxidase; malondialdehyde; protein carbonyl; reactive oxygen species; superoxide dismutase.
© 2013 Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.

Ecotoxicol Environ Saf. 2021 Jun 1;215:112129.
doi: 10.1016/j.ecoenv.2021.112129. Epub 2021 Mar 16.
Avermectin induced DNA damage to the apoptosis and autophagy in human lung epithelial A549 cells
Lin Diao 1 , Ning Tang 1 , Cheng Zhang 2 , Jiagao Cheng 1 , Zhenhai Zhang 1 , Siyu Wang 1 , Can Wu 1 , Lutong Zhang 1 , Liming Tao 1 , Zhong Li 1 , Yang Zhang 3
Free article
Abstract
Avermectin (AVM), as a biological insecticide, is widely used in agriculture and forestry production globally. However, inhalation of AVM may pose a risk, and the lung is the direct target, but the cytotoxicity of AVM on human lung cells is still unclear. Here, we attempted to elucidate the cytotoxic effect and molecular mechanism of AVM on human lung A549 cells. The results indicated that AVM inhibits cell proliferation, and enhances programmed cell death (apoptosis and autophagy). In addition, we found the AVM-treated cells showed an obvious drop in mitochondrial membrane potential and LC3-I/II, increased ROS production, DNA double-strand breaks, caspase-3/9 activated, PARP cleaved, cytochrome c and Bax/Bcl-2 content rise. The results showed that AVM induced mitochondria-related apoptosis and autophagy in lung A549 cells. These results indicate that AVM can pose a potential threat to human health by inducing DNA damage and programmed cell death.
Keywords: Avermectin; Cytotoxicity; DNA damage; Human A549 cells; Programmed cell death.
Copyright © 2021 The Authors. Published by Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.

Methods Cell Biol. 2021;165:153-161.
doi: 10.1016/bs.mcb.2020.10.010. Epub 2020 Nov 18.
Monitoring selective autophagy of mitochondria using super-resolution microscopy
Ziyue Li 1 , Nicholas T Ktistakis 2
Selective elimination of damaged mitochondria via macroautophagy (mitophagy) is a conserved cellular process that plays an important role in organismal health. In recent years mitophagy has been studied in parallel to the more general, non-selective autophagy pathway induced in response to amino acid starvation with important similarities and differences noted between the two. The elaborate sequence of membrane rearrangements that give rise to autophagosomes in the non-selective pathway have their counterpart in mitophagy, but with the addition of other factors, such as a ubiquitin mark and mitophagy receptors, which mediate cargo recognition. In some types of mitophagy such as the one induced by ivermectin, the forming autophagosomal structure contains six different elements: the targeted mitochondrial fragment, a section of endoplasmic reticulum that provides a cradle, a ubiquitin layer, the mitophagy receptors and the early and late autophagosomal proteins/membranes. Super-resolution microscopy is ideally suited to investigate the spatial relationships between these elements that converge together but retain some distinctive localization, and we provide here a general protocol that can be used for mammalian cells.
Keywords: Autophagy; Endoplasmic reticulum; Ivermectin; Mitochondria; Mitophagy; Structured illumination microscopy.

Beastmode

I asked Peat's thoughts on this study: Progesterone study

PEAT:
" There was a small experiment in 2020, injecting progesterone powder subcutaneously in men, which reduced covid symptoms."

Kykeon

Q:
Hi Ray,

do you think it is sensible to try to make ones own steroids and thyroid supplements? I really do not like the idea of being too reliant on companies that i know nothing of and i would like to get a little home lab started.
How would you do that? Do you think this is a good idea? I am living in germany and i can not find a source for methylene blue, and lately i have the urge to start my own hobby lab.
A:
If you have access to a farm or meat packing business to get thyroid glands, preparing them for use can make a better product than is generally available. The investment needed for making high quality steroids is very large; checking the purity of, and potentially improving them, available bulk products is practical.

Q2:
Do you think it could be an issue having too many plants in a single room apartment (i also sleep here). Will they not reduce co2 levels? Or is this a nonissue, i tried readng papers about it but i can not really judge this, the papers mostly deal with very small rooms (nasa clean air study)
A:
During the night, plants emit CO2, so are helpful.

Response to answer:
I lack undestanding but i think for example Dracaena trifasciata (mother in law tongue) don't do this. They are reversing the process of releasing the co2 at day and up taking it at night or "holding their breath". this is why they are sometimes recommended as bedroom plants (high co2 at night seen as bad)

Crassulacean acid metabolism - Wikipedia
Crassulacean acid metabolism: plastic, fantastic
from the wiki:
CAM plants that use Crassulacean acid metabolism as an adaptation for arid conditions. CO2 enters through the stomata during the night and is converted into the 4-carbon compound, malic acid, which releases CO2 for use in the Calvin cycle during the day, when the stomata are closed. The dung jade plant (Crassula ovata) and cacti are typical of CAM plants. Sixteen thousand species of plants use CAM.[9] These plants have a carbon isotope signature of −20 to −10 ‰.[10]

maybe interesting to you, maybe i can find out how significant the effect is.

May the co2 be high in your room mr peat.
A:
I doubt that their metabolic rate is high enough to make a big difference, compared to the amount people release.

Q3:
Hi Ray,

do you know if ammonia oxidizing bacteria have a negative side effect in their metabolism in regards to human physiology?

I have stopped taking regular showers after reading about david whitelocks work, and he proposes the idea that animals like to roll in the mud because they get bacteria through this, and the bacteria oxidizes ammonia which results in less smelly body odor.

I have tested this now for 1-2 years, only taking very little showers, never with soap and it works, i barely ever get a bad smell under my armpits, and others have confirmed it.

However, i wonder if the bacteria would have a negative effect (endotoxin or nitric oxide or just a byproduct of the metabolism) that would be bad for the human physiology.

>The Ammonia Oxidizing Bacteria studied by AOBiome consume ammonia as their food source and produce NO.
This increase of NO is what has me worried, but it is on the skin and wont be relevant towards my physiology then?
i am really confused about this, if you can provide any input i would really appreciate it, no one ever talks about this anywhere.

A:
I think bathing is the problem, but for different reasons. Soapy water removes the lipid barrier, and that disturbs the complex lipid-steroid metabolism of the skin, interfering with the natural antibiotic processes of the skin.

J Invest Dermatol. 2002 Nov;119(5):1090-5.
Cathelicidin anti-microbial peptide expression in sweat, an innate defense system for the skin.
Masamoto Murakami, Takaaki Ohtake, Robert A Dorschner, Birgit Schittek, Claus Garbe, Richard L Gallo.
Free article
Abstract
The eccrine gland is one of the major cutaneous appendages and secretes sweat. Its principal function is thermoregulation during exposure to a hot environment or physical exercise. In addition to this function, we show that LL-37, a member of cathelicidin family of anti-microbial peptides, is expressed in sweat. LL-37 protein and mRNA was seen in the eccrine structures of normal human skin by immunohistochemistry and in situ hybridization. LL-37 was localized to both the eccrine gland and sweat ductal epithelial cells, whereas dermcidin, a previously described natural antibiotic in sweat, was expressed only in the gland itself. The anti-microbial activity of LL-37 and dermcidin against various bacteria in the sweat ionic environment was demonstrated by solution colony forming assay using synthetic peptides, and in sweat obtained from normal volunteers. These results indicate that cathelicidin is secreted in human sweat, has potent anti-microbial activity against both gram-positive and gram-negative bacteria, and can, after processing from the preproform, provide a barrier for protection against infection. Thus, sweat represents a unique mode of delivery for potent innate immune effector molecules in the absence of inflammation.

Mauritio

Q: Hello Mr. Peat,
Do you think there's anything special about wild pig meat ? Maybe in terms of hormones or fat content ,etc.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think when you ingest a part of an animal you take in some of their "vibe" or "character" and wild pigs are pretty robust and agile animals.

Thanks.

A: I have heard that wild pigs in Europe are still highly contaminated with Chernobyl radioactivity.

Mauritio

Q: Hello Mr. Peat,
Do you think there's anything special about wild pig meat ? Maybe in terms of hormones or fat content ,etc.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think when you ingest a part of an animal you take in some of their "vibe" or "character" and wild pigs are pretty robust and agile animals.

Thanks.

A: I have heard that wild pigs in Europe are still highly contaminated with Chernobyl radioactivity.
Continuing from above :

Q:So it seems like the EU allows a maximum of 600 bec/kg . Do you think that's a reasonable number ?
I looked it up and some places in germany test every wild pig , because they generally have higher Caesium137 levels .
In my region there seems to be less radiation ,but they only test from time to time because of that . I get sausages from a local farmer in Germany and sometimes eat wild pig salami from Italy.

A: I think Italy didn’t get the radioactive fallout from Chernobyl, so their sausage should be safer.