Ray Peat Email Advice Depository Discussion/Comment Thread

J

j.

*applause for brilliant idea*

Admin Edit to add comment below:

Charlie said:
Comments and discussion about "Ray Peat Email Advice Depository" will be held here. Feel free to make your own thread about a certain topic if you like, it is even highly encouraged.

Here is the thread link to where the "Ray Peat Email Advice Depository" is:

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1035

kettlebell

Re: Ray Peat Email Advice Depository

Good work Charlie!

Thats not a bad List of safe fruits including the watermelon (Which I eat a lot of). Couple that with the canned fruits and you have a decent amount of variety.

Kelly

The only fruits available to me out of that list are papaya and applesauce. I've never even heard of half of them.

HollyLooyah

ITA with Kelly - I am going to have to look up pictures of guanabana and corossol so I know what to search for at the market :mrgreen:
I thought about going to a local Asian market since they generally have more unique items than the standard grocer.

The hunt is on!

Sunjoy

Wow, thank you so very much Cliff, Charlie and all contributors for this wonderful resource! So very helpful for new people especially although I am sure all will benefit.

How does one get in touch with Peat?

gretchen

Charlie said:
:hattip Konstantin at Ray Peat Fans.

When asked about light therapy:

Ray Peat said:
"Incandescent bulbs have a continuous spectrum, luminous gases have intermittently distributed wavelengths. Orange and red are the metabolically most important wavelengths. I don't think the far infrared does anything special, besides heat. Ordinary incandescent bulbs have a slightly orange color compared to sunlight, and the bulbs I have mentioned are just slightly warmer in color, with very little blue, and more red. Ordinary incandescent bulbs are good, if there are enough of them, directed toward your skin."

Hmmm was wondering about infra red e.g. Infrared sauna. I was wondering if it might be useful for detox purposes.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Re: Ray Peat Email Advice Depository Discussion/Comment Thre

j. said:
*applause for brilliant idea*

Thanks J.

I appreciate anyones help who is able to contribute to it.

kettlebell said:
Good work Charlie!

Thanks KB! Glad you are feeling better! :rockout

Sunjoy said:
Wow, thank you so very much Cliff, Charlie and all contributors for this wonderful resource! So very helpful for new people especially although I am sure all will benefit.

You are very welcome, Sunjoy. :ugeek:

GamestopDorito said:
How does one get in touch with Peat?

Google "Ray Peat contact".

gretchen said:
Charlie said:
:hattip Konstantin at Ray Peat Fans.

When asked about light therapy:

Ray Peat said:
"Incandescent bulbs have a continuous spectrum, luminous gases have intermittently distributed wavelengths. Orange and red are the metabolically most important wavelengths. I don't think the far infrared does anything special, besides heat. Ordinary incandescent bulbs have a slightly orange color compared to sunlight, and the bulbs I have mentioned are just slightly warmer in color, with very little blue, and more red. Ordinary incandescent bulbs are good, if there are enough of them, directed toward your skin."

Hmmm was wondering about infra red e.g. Infrared sauna. I was wondering if it might be useful for detox purposes.

Absolutely it is.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

J thanks for posting the last couple of exchanges. I really need to stay on top of the carrot salad. I tend to slack on it.

Ray-Z

Great idea. Thanks to Charlie and everyone contributing emails.

chris

I'm allergic to loratadine, I'm thinking about experimenting with certrezine hydrochloride though.

chris

How the hell did he manage a gallon of milk a day?

OP
J

j.

chris said:
How the hell did he manage a gallon of milk a day?

Sometimes I'm lazy and don't go out to buy things and just have orange juice, milk, eggs, and coconut oil. I can easily drink 3 or 4 quarts of milk that way (with coffee and/or chocolate).

chris

I manage 2 quarts milk on a good day, do you take in a lot of salt or solid food?

OP
J

j.

chris said:
I manage 2 quarts milk on a good day, do you take in a lot of salt or solid food?

I put salt on eggs. If I just eat the four things I mentioned, I'd probably eat 3 eggs, one in the afternoon. Otherwise, I just take some salt by itself after or before OJ. I think my record is a bit less than 5 quarts of milk. That after happened many months of doing Peat correctly, when metabolism accelerated. I do have between 2 and 3 quarts of milk typically.

chris

Aha I see, so you only salt eggs and around OJ, not your milk?

OP
J

j.

chris said:
Aha I see, so you only salt eggs and around OJ, not your milk?

Yeah, but that doesn't matter, right? I guess OJ has potassium, which is usually balanced with sodium.

chris

Yes, I was just trying to work out how I can consume more liquids. Thanks for the info. Do you not eat carrots?

OP
J

j.

chris said:
Yes, I was just trying to work out how I can consume more liquids. Thanks for the info. Do you not eat carrots?

Like three times a week, when I remember. But it's good. It improves transit, and if I understand correctly, also helps the liver to convert more T4 to T3, because it takes a burden from the liver by absorbing estrogen from the intestine, releasing the liver from having to deactivate it.

Also, I can drink about 0.5 liters per milk in a few minutes, maybe 5, because I have to add coffee and chocolate and spend time doing that. But then I have to take a break, maybe for half an hour, and have 0.250 liters. If the break is much longer, I can have another 0.5 liters. But this might be very individual.

cliff

It's easy to drink over a gallon if you don't drink water