1. Spring Sale 10% Off @ LifeGivingStore.com Till June 10th With Coupon Code: SPRING2020
    Click Here!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. LifeGivingStore.com New Products List:
    Natural Dessicated Thyroid

Magnesium Hydroxide

Dismiss Notice

Ray Peat Email Advice Depository Discussion/Comment Thread

Discussion in 'Email Advice' started by j., Jan 14, 2013.

1. Mittir

Mittir Member

Re: Ray Peat Email Advice Depository Discussion/Comment Thre

Half cup of sugar with some water till it is little over the sugar level
    and then add 1-2 tsp of lemon juice (this part is optional, but it helps
    with breakdown of sugar) microwave 1 minute or more.

2. Such_Saturation

Such_Saturation Member

Very interestind Dan, perhaps a current between the skin and the tip of the tooth should provide the correct direction to the growth.

3. charlie

charlie The Law & Order Admin

Dan, thank you for posting the recent teeth/gums email to the wiki. :hattip

That actually gave me an idea, I am thinking we should feed all the "Email Advice" we have collected here on the forum, into the "Peatarian.com Email Exchanges" located at the wiki, and just rename it "Email Exchanges" or whatever we come up with.

If anyone is up to that task, that would be surely helpful to many people. :hattip

4. Nstocks

Nstocks Member

Probably not the correct thread but if anyone can contact Peat, PLEASE ask him for his thoughts on how to get rid of helicobacter pylori.

5. goodandevil

goodandevil Member

In this context, are glucose and fructose congruent?

6. onioneyedox

onioneyedox Member

[ moderator edit: response to this post: Ray Peat Email Advice Depository | Page 3 | Ray Peat Forum ]

I find it to be otherway around, heh. I never did graduate, but mathematicians, that I don't know many, tbh, were all, kind, curious, interesting and supporting people. I would say that they were very much opposite what you and Peat are describing. They acknowledge that everyone has potential to learn maths at young age and that education is rigid and all that. Not very much involved in "real life" usually, if not to protect and develop education. They may undervalue applied sciences and even applied maths, though mainly they just don't have interest for that. Many practise music etc. They respect hard work and collaboration rather than intelligence (as in mythical IQ, or mensa etc.), which may be suprise at the beginning and on the contrary to schools and culture prior uni (ofc there are great mathematicians that are admired). I don't think people pursue math for it's "rigidity", but generally they enjoy the beauty and freedom of it. Creating math is very much exploration and intuition, bound only by your imagination. But I guess mathematicians may seem odd folk to outsiders.

I don't know, but it sounds like you are just starting your studies?

7. milk_lover

milk_lover Member

Guys, why is Dr. Peat contact info kept a secret? I don't find it on his website and no one here is willing to share it..

8. superhuman

superhuman Member

because way to many people are lazy and will spam him and use his time with questions he has answered 99999 times before and are available to get from the forum or through the search engine or his articles

9. dookie

dookie Member

I'm surprised he would recommend progesterone to a young boy.

The way even a small dose of progesterone shrinks my penis and testicles and gives me feminine traits would make me think progesterone, at that young age of still developing, could cause some big changes in regards to changes in gender identity, virility, personality, etc.

Maybe the benefits would outweigh the side-effects though, in the case of something as serious as brain injury

10. Sheila

Sheila Member

Dear Dookie
    (FWIW) I agree, but suspect in acute injury progesterone is more valid.
    This case is chronic and of long standing.
    Sheila

11. haidut

haidut Member

Exactly! Finally, I get Ray to indirectly agree with my findings :):
    Pregnenolone is itself anti-estrogenic and also converts to progesterone locally, which helps even more to prevent DHEA from converting to estrogen. Also, contrary to what many people have read on some blogs, neither pregnenolone nor progesterone are inhibitors of the enzyme 5-AR. Quite to the contrary actually. Both pregnenolone and progesterone powerfully stimulate the downstream conversion of steroids and BOTH specifically enhance activity of 5-AR, so taken with DHEA both pregnenolone and progesterone will increase conversion of DHEA into DHT. Btw, the isolated conversion of DHEA into DHT is already about 40%, and adding pregnenolone / progesterone seems to increase it to 60% - 70%, which makes Pansterone probably the most potent androgenic supplement legally obtainable in the USA. Just make sure it is spread on larger skin area to increase the amount of skin cells getting supply of the steroids. The skin has even higher capacity to manufacture DHT compared to the liver and brain, but that capacity is spread over a larger area, so Pansterone needs to be spread over a larger area to maximize that conversion potential.
    Just my 2c.

12. sladerunner69

sladerunner69 Member

Econ Student

I think the acidity of the mouth is important. Dr. Peat sted somehwere that saliva quality helps to regulate acidity.

However one look at Dr. Peat's teeth and it is hard to take to heart anything he might recommend for "white teeth".

That said, I don't think synthetic white glowy teeth are actually important in a healthy organism, so long as they are being structurally maintained by calcium.

13. mayweatherking

mayweatherking Member

i've been taking the same amount and have had very dry skin as well. i thought it was something different. how have you made out? also i've had joint aches, i wonder if it is related, i thought it was gout.

14. Dessert_All_Day

Dessert_All_Day Member

LOL. I'll take that as a yes...

15. OP
    lollipop

lollipop Guest

What would his response mean in terms of Tyromax? Anyone?

16. Peatit

Peatit Member

Very interesting for someone using it as the main solvent for his supplements.

17. raypeatclips

raypeatclips Member

I am posting here because I have lost the exact reply Peat sent me, so I will paraphrase and hope this helps someone in the future.

My problem was with jock itch, a very annoying problem. I didn't want to use regular anti-fungal creams and attempting more alternative things such as applying coconut oil to the area, which some websites hailed as an amazing treatment, did nothing. In fact the issue was getting worse. I emailed Peat and asked him about it and his response was (paraphrased, from memory)

Many years ago I took sulfur baths, which solved the problem. (I think he may have made a comment about smell, or scent, which I have forgotten)

After this response I ordered a cheap 10% sulfur soap from Amazon and lathered it up in my hands at the end of the bath, applied to the area and waited a few minutes outside of water with it on, before washing off. It resolved the problem in 3-4 washes. About 2 weeks later I noticed the issue coming back, a slight sensation, one final "treatment" as I described above completely got rid of it and around a year later now, it has not come back. Hope this helps someone reading and searching for jock itch, fungal infections or rash remedies in the future!

18. bluewren

bluewren Member

19. superhuman

superhuman Member

20. OP
    lollipop

lollipop Guest