Ray Peat Email Advice Depository Discussion/Comment Thread

Kvothe

True but he is also honest.

I somehow doubt that the "No" was referring to the part of the question asking if restoring was possible. There is lots of clinically documented anecdotal evidence where people, even with extreme hair loss, regain thick, healthy hair with its' original colour. Most of the time it's conected to overcoming some sort of lingering endocrine disruption or in response to a certain drug.

gaze

I somehow doubt that the "No" was referring to the part of the question asking if restoring was possible. There is lots of clinically documented anecdotal evidence where people, even with extreme hair loss, regain thick, healthy hair with its' original colour. Most of the time it's conected to overcoming some sort of lingering endocrine disruption or in response to a certain drug.
the question wasn't if regrowth is possible, it was if its possible to regrow back to the juvenile state. Reversing aging has its limits. Either way, that was the only yes or no question asked in the question.

Kvothe

the question wasn't if regrowth is possible, it was if its possible to regrow back to the juvenile state. Reversing aging has its limits. Either way, that was the only yes or no question asked in the question.

The original question wasn't even posted, and his full response was "No, everything is always changing, reflecting your whole situation". Semantically, it doesn't make sense that this sentence should mean: "No, restoring it to a juvenile state is impossible."

Mauritio

i never heard such thing from him! usually his more optimistic than that!
Yeah eventhough there's countless examples on the internet that its possible. It might not be easy ,but its definitely possible.
He also said in an interview that something like massage would be your best bet for getting your hair back .

Beastmode

This thread is to post Peat's email exchanges, not dialogue about them. Maybe a moderator can sort this out. Feel free to delete this post as well.

Strugguler

i think he was talking about the previous part it might get less or it might get more.

Mossy

In response to Ray’s comment about tonsil stones:
From a Facebook group, didn't see it posted here.

RE: Tonsil Stones
Ray: Those are white blood cells, usually responding to allergens. I think slight hypothyroidism, possibly low vitamin D, predisposes to them
Is it possible he didn’t understand the question? Or, is it more likely I don’t understand what he does, and can’t follow his reasoning?

I ask because my understanding is tonsil stones are a result of poor salivary gland functioning.

rr1

In response to Ray’s comment about tonsil stones:

Is it possible he didn’t understand the question? Or, is it more likely I don’t understand what he does, and can’t follow his reasoning?

I ask because my understanding is tonsil stones are a result of poor salivary gland functioning.
This is the first time I've heard this too. I wasn't able to get the exact question asked, but it seems pretty clear that he is saying that the tonsil stones themselves are white blood cells.

I always thought that they were formed from food particles/bacteria getting stuck in the pits of your tonsils and forming into stones as they are expelled.

I am very curious to know more about this if anyone else has any info

Lilac

I asked Ray for his thoughts on regaining my sense of smell. I never completely lost it, but it was way low. I would say in the 1 to 2 percent range, with some things not registering at all. Ray replied:

Do you eat shellfish? Zinc is important for the sense of smell and taste, and nerve repair.

I started in immediately with a can of oysters on each of the next two days. Then I used a supplement. Oysters. Supplement. Some shrimp one day. Been at this for about a week. I have had an improvement after spinning my wheels for 2 1/2 months. I would say I am at about 5 percent now, with still a few things not registering.

I could not smell a grape hyacinth last week, but I can this morning. :): I will update in the next week.

gaze

Q: How do you stay positive in the face of the widespread corruption, stupidity and malice that you have witnessed throughout your life?

A: There’s probably a biological tendency to shift attention away from evil toward pleasanter things, but I think it’s important not to indulge too much in positivity. Have you read or listened to Vernon Coleman, The Old Man in a Chair?
very interesting response. I assume he means that the "ignoarance is bliss" attitude is not something desirable, as in one should continually subject themselves to negativity in order to know the truth. aka the hard truth or "red pill" as people like to call it. Also what is the old man in the chair in reference too, did you have an additional question related to that/covid?

edit: nvm, I think the old man in a chair is related to the positivity/negativity, because I think Ray (and Vernon Coleman) want people to fight back against the corruption rather than avoid it with blissful ignorance

Last edited:
M

metabolizm

edit: nvm, I think the old man in a chair is related to the positivity/negativity, because I think Ray (and Vernon Coleman) want people to fight back against the corruption rather than avoid it with blissful ignorance

I think that's right.

P

Peatness

I am glad Dr Peat mentioned Dr Vernon Coleman. He is a true hero. Recently, I had a thought that he was our own equivalent of Dr peat here in the Uk.

Dr Vernon Coleman was the first writer to:

1) Warn about the dangers of benzodiazepine tranquillisers
2) Warn that passive smoking causes cancer
3) Warn that mobile phones (and masts) may cause cancer
4) Warn that tap water contains harmful drug residues
5) Point out that genetic engineering (in all its forms) can be a threat to human health
6) Claim that high blood pressure can be controlled without drugs
7) Warn about the risk of mad cow disease
8) Warn that deep vein thrombosis (DVT) is a serious threat to air travellers
9) Warn of the return of tuberculosis
10) Explain why medical screening programmes are of more benefit to doctors than to patients
11) Warn that the threat of AIDS was wildly exaggerated for commercial reasons
12) Warn that the overuse of antibiotics was creating drug resistant infections
13) Warn that doctors were over-diagnosing asthma
14) Draw attention to the value of generic drugs (as opposed to branded drugs)
15) Warn that ADHD was being over-diagnosed and treated with dangerous drugs
16) Point out that the incidence of diabetes is rising out of control
17) Warn that prostate screening does more harm than good
18) Warn that breast screening is of doubtful value
19) Warn of the dangers of over exercising
20) Warn of the damage that jogging can do to the spine and joints
21) Warn that vaccines are neither as safe nor as effective as the establishment claims
22) Explain that stress causes or exacerbates 90% of all illnesses
23) Explain the facts about irritable bowel syndrome
24) Explain why removing breasts from healthy women is unnecessary
25) Warn that chemotherapy often does more harm than good
26) Draw attention to the self-healing powers of the human body
27) Warn that the drug tamoxifen (used to prevent cancer) can cause cancer
28) Warn of the dangers of hormone replacement therapy
29) Expose the link between a high fat diet and breast cancer
30) Warn that depression was being over-diagnosed and over treated
31) Point out the importance of the immune system in defending against cancer
32) Provide evidence showing that meat causes more cancer than tobacco
33) Explain how antiperspirants may be a health hazard
34) Warn of the danger of using microwave ovens
35) Draw attention to the danger of radiotherapy
36) Warn that doctors are now as big a cause of death as cancer or heart disease
37) Draw attention to the ability of the mind to heal the body
38) Explain how and why air conditioning systems can be dangerous
39) Warn of the hazard of superbugs
40) Warn that tests and investigations are often unnecessary and dangerous
41) Point out that one in six hospital patients is there because he or she has been made ill by doctors
42) Explain why women will not live longer than men in the 21st century
43) Warn of the dangers of paraquat (and associated products such as Roundup)
44) Point out that increased longevity is a myth and a result of reduced infant mortality
45) Why and how too many X-rays are done – and cause cancer
46) Draw attention to the value of TENS machines in the treatment of pain
47) Warn of the increase in the size of our ageing population
48) Warn that obesity leads to an increased cancer risk
49) Explain how experiments on animals mislead researchers
50) Explain that many patients with dementia can be cured (because they have NPH and not Alzheimer’s disease)

And there have been many, many more accurate predictions and forecasts made between 1970 and today.

Vernon Coleman has for many years promoted the use of computers in medicine. In 1983, he co-wrote the world's first computer software on health for public use. The software was the Home Doctor series for Sinclair and Commodore computers.

Lollipop2

I am glad Dr Peat mentioned Dr Vernon Coleman. He is a true hero. Recently, I had a thought that he was our own equivalent of Dr peat here in the Uk.

Dr Vernon Coleman was the first writer to:

1) Warn about the dangers of benzodiazepine tranquillisers
2) Warn that passive smoking causes cancer
3) Warn that mobile phones (and masts) may cause cancer
4) Warn that tap water contains harmful drug residues
5) Point out that genetic engineering (in all its forms) can be a threat to human health
6) Claim that high blood pressure can be controlled without drugs
7) Warn about the risk of mad cow disease
8) Warn that deep vein thrombosis (DVT) is a serious threat to air travellers
9) Warn of the return of tuberculosis
10) Explain why medical screening programmes are of more benefit to doctors than to patients
11) Warn that the threat of AIDS was wildly exaggerated for commercial reasons
12) Warn that the overuse of antibiotics was creating drug resistant infections
13) Warn that doctors were over-diagnosing asthma
14) Draw attention to the value of generic drugs (as opposed to branded drugs)
15) Warn that ADHD was being over-diagnosed and treated with dangerous drugs
16) Point out that the incidence of diabetes is rising out of control
17) Warn that prostate screening does more harm than good
18) Warn that breast screening is of doubtful value
19) Warn of the dangers of over exercising
20) Warn of the damage that jogging can do to the spine and joints
21) Warn that vaccines are neither as safe nor as effective as the establishment claims
22) Explain that stress causes or exacerbates 90% of all illnesses
23) Explain the facts about irritable bowel syndrome
24) Explain why removing breasts from healthy women is unnecessary
25) Warn that chemotherapy often does more harm than good
26) Draw attention to the self-healing powers of the human body
27) Warn that the drug tamoxifen (used to prevent cancer) can cause cancer
28) Warn of the dangers of hormone replacement therapy
29) Expose the link between a high fat diet and breast cancer
30) Warn that depression was being over-diagnosed and over treated
31) Point out the importance of the immune system in defending against cancer
32) Provide evidence showing that meat causes more cancer than tobacco
33) Explain how antiperspirants may be a health hazard
34) Warn of the danger of using microwave ovens
35) Draw attention to the danger of radiotherapy
36) Warn that doctors are now as big a cause of death as cancer or heart disease
37) Draw attention to the ability of the mind to heal the body
38) Explain how and why air conditioning systems can be dangerous
39) Warn of the hazard of superbugs
40) Warn that tests and investigations are often unnecessary and dangerous
41) Point out that one in six hospital patients is there because he or she has been made ill by doctors
42) Explain why women will not live longer than men in the 21st century
43) Warn of the dangers of paraquat (and associated products such as Roundup)
44) Point out that increased longevity is a myth and a result of reduced infant mortality
45) Why and how too many X-rays are done – and cause cancer
46) Draw attention to the value of TENS machines in the treatment of pain
47) Warn of the increase in the size of our ageing population
48) Warn that obesity leads to an increased cancer risk
49) Explain how experiments on animals mislead researchers
50) Explain that many patients with dementia can be cured (because they have NPH and not Alzheimer’s disease)

And there have been many, many more accurate predictions and forecasts made between 1970 and today.

Vernon Coleman has for many years promoted the use of computers in medicine. In 1983, he co-wrote the world's first computer software on health for public use. The software was the Home Doctor series for Sinclair and Commodore computers.
I agree @Pina Vernon Coleman is a true hero.

Mauritio

That is insane!! Literally everyone you know will be dead ... the only thing is ,that he didnt mention in what time span that's supposed to happen