Ray Peat Email Advice Depository Discussion/Comment Thread

LUH 3417

Did he ever mention what he feeds his cat? If not, can someone ask him what he would reccomend for an indoor cat?
Available information on that is very conflicting.

My cats get raw meat with eggshell powder and taurine, but they don't like ruminant organs very much, they prefer lean muscle meat. Chicken stuff yes, but what you can get at the stores is pufa fed. One of them likes dairy, the other not. They get fed 3 times a day, but I am thinking since they are naturally active at dawn and dusk, would it make sense to fast them during the day?

I realized a hunting outdoors cat would naturally get some thyroid with almost every meal which is completely absent in muscle meat. I know he said cats have high metabolism, but mine don't poop often, at the very most once a day sometimes less. They had a super high PUFA diet for the first 5 years of their life so I suspect they might be hypothyroid.
I once asked him what he would feed a cat and he wrote
Eggs (some cats like them raw and blended with other food), powdered egg shells, fried cheese, smoked oysters, provide nutrients that are lacking in the meat diet. A very small amount of thyroid can help with kidney/bladder problems.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I once asked him what he would feed a cat and he wrote
Eggs (some cats like them raw and blended with other food), powdered egg shells, fried cheese, smoked oysters, provide nutrients that are lacking in the meat diet. A very small amount of thyroid can help with kidney/bladder problems.
Sounds delicious. I’ll have to try that with my cat. :)

boris

@raysputin Wow, thanks a lot :)! Do you know why fried cheese? That's sounds so specific. My cats don't eat eggs, I will try blending them with other food. But they like cheese.

Beastmode

Me:
Is there anything in your mind that believes I, as a healthy adult, can go out to the stores to get food and somehow pass something on to my wife and toddler when I get home?

Are you taking an extra measure when shopping for foods?

Peat:
I wash my carrots, in case anyone has sneezed on them. It’s always good to wash the hands after touching a series of public door knobs and shopping carts, but I haven’t seen evidence that anything special is happening this flu season, except for a planned hysteria. “Event 201” presented last October prepared the selected participants for the panic, in advance of any evidence regarding the exact effects of this particular virus.

SuperStressed

You've said that a requirement for vitamin B6 is often implicated in anxiety, along with hyperventilation. Why is this specific nutrient so closely connected to that condition?

Ray:
Where did you hear him originally say this? I'd like to read that article/see that clip.

mrchibbs

I didn't want to mention any names to Peat so it wouldn't create a bias, but it seems like he knew where I got this from......Jack Kruse! I guess others have emailed him about Kruse's theories/practices, etc.

Me:
Have you heard of or find any relevance to any of the following:

- Building a "solar callus."
- Mitochondrial haplotype.
- Redox state.

Would getting a BUN/Creatinine ratio test be worth it?

Ray:
The use of noncommunicative jargon can be an indication of a personality disorder. I have seen the word redox used in many medical publications apparently just because they thought it sounded erudite, though it didn’t serve any special purpose.

Very interesting. To be honest I think there are interesting aspect of Jack Kruse's ideas, but his dismissal of Ray on the basis that ''he doesn't consider the impact of EMF on the physiology'' was really unconvincing to me.

Beastmode

Very interesting. To be honest I think there are interesting aspect of Jack Kruse's ideas, but his dismissal of Ray on the basis that ''he doesn't consider the impact of EMF on the physiology'' was really unconvincing to me.

Yeah, I don't know much about Jack Kruse, but I asked Ray about some of things he says and finds important only because a lot of what Kruse says is so far out of my understanding and I don't know if it's science fiction or has some possible basis.

He seems solid with the "getting out in natural lighting, emf and blue light mitigation stuff, etc" so I plan on looking into more of what he might have to offer that i can experiment with.

mrchibbs

Yeah, I don't know much about Jack Kruse, but I asked Ray about some of things he says and finds important only because a lot of what Kruse says is so far out of my understanding and I don't know if it's science fiction or has some possible basis.

He seems solid with the "getting out in natural lighting, emf and blue light mitigation stuff, etc" so I plan on looking into more of what he might have to offer that i can experiment with.

Basically, Ray has talked about the benefits of light, problems with blue vs. red spectrum, and the effects of radiation many many times. I don't know what Jack Kruse is on about regarding his perception of Peat. There isn't any flashy or amazing about Jack Kruse's stuff except the use of complicated wording. And as I've said his dismissive comments about Ray with no basis in reality have really made me realize what kind of dude he is. I do think there is more to the PUFA idea than just saying it's straight evil, and the Kruse community like to talk about ''protecting'' the PUFAs from oxidation, and they seem to believe that DHA, and the EFA are really important.

Ray obviously doesn't think they're essential at all, and he's provided so much explanations and references on the topic that's it's hard to argue that PUFAs aren't dangerous. I think in a state of stress PUFAs are more likely to oxidize and cause problem vs. someone who's really chilled and enjoying life.

mrchibbs

Me:
I have a gut feeling that all companies will not let their employees continue working until they get mandatory vaccine against COVID-19. Of course, we know how harmful these vaccines can be. What measures can I take to protect myself and my family if we are forced to take them? Would taking a lot of aspirin and vitamin D and probably progesterone in the day of the required vaccination be helpful?

Dr. Ray Peat:
The aluminum adjuvant’s effects develop gradually over a period of days.

Me:
So hopefully that means the harmful effects of vaccines is temporary and with good metabolism and right nutrition during this period, one can emerge from this storm as if nothing happened? I really wish that was the case because part of my naive mind and heart would be happy with that fact.

Dr. Ray Peat:
No, a person is never again the same after reacting to an aluminum adjuvant. The official figures of the US government show clearly that the epidemic of chronic diseases began with the massive increase of vaccinations in 1989.

Me:

Maybe I should get a note from a doctor that I have allergy from aluminum. But then the vaccine people will say everybody is reacting to vaccines. Then, why are you insisting on giving it to people by brute force? I am scared for our children. The world will not be the same sadly after this “epidemic”. Maybe if I am forced to take it (or my company will fire me), maybe I can ask for the non-aluminum version of the same vaccine if such a thing exists. I never knew an aluminum adjuvant could entirely change the person health for life.

Dr. Ray Peat:
This interview has some important background information

Well that is depressing.

gaze

I was trying to make the matter slightly positive, but Ray has none of it. I am very sad and angry at the same time. How do they do this to our children?

very depressing indeed. as each generation gets sicker and more mentally unstable, this next century or 2 may be the darkest in human history.

gaze

do influenza shots have aluminum adjuvants? if so people who get flu shots yearly, will be getting 40-60 shots throughout a lifetime with aluminum adjuvant’s by the time theyre elderly? and this isn't including the other 50 shots from the recommended vaccine schedule.

mrchibbs

I was trying to make the matter slightly positive, but Ray has none of it. I am very sad and angry at the same time. How do they do this to our children?

I've being grieving in a way, because I know the world will be worse than ever after this manufactured crisis. (It made all the richest companies richer, and the common people poorer, and they're going to get their universal mandatory vaccine). It's honestly so dark from here on out.

boris

Me:
I have a gut feeling that all companies will not let their employees continue working until they get mandatory vaccine against COVID-19. Of course, we know how harmful these vaccines can be. What measures can I take to protect myself and my family if we are forced to take them? Would taking a lot of aspirin and vitamin D and probably progesterone in the day of the required vaccination be helpful?

Dr. Ray Peat:
The aluminum adjuvant’s effects develop gradually over a period of days.

Me:
So hopefully that means the harmful effects of vaccines is temporary and with good metabolism and right nutrition during this period, one can emerge from this storm as if nothing happened? I really wish that was the case because part of my naive mind and heart would be happy with that fact.

Dr. Ray Peat:
No, a person is never again the same after reacting to an aluminum adjuvant. The official figures of the US government show clearly that the epidemic of chronic diseases began with the massive increase of vaccinations in 1989.

Me:

Maybe I should get a note from a doctor that I have allergy from aluminum. But then the vaccine people will say everybody is reacting to vaccines. Then, why are you insisting on giving it to people by brute force? I am scared for our children. The world will not be the same sadly after this “epidemic”. Maybe if I am forced to take it (or my company will fire me), maybe I can ask for the non-aluminum version of the same vaccine if such a thing exists. I never knew an aluminum adjuvant could entirely change the person health for life.

Dr. Ray Peat:
This interview has some important background information

I wish someone would ask Peat what he would personally do to minimize the effects of a mandatory adjuvant vaccination or even a mandatory RNA vaccine, if he would be forced to get it.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals