Ray Peat Email Advice Depository Discussion/Comment Thread

Amazoniac

Stop- you’re fueling “Peat as my secret boyfriend” fantasy.

A girl can dream...

(Smart {and kind} guys most always trump the cute ones. Smart/nice guys need to understand that!)

What strikes me about his reply here is that he knows about weird **** and does not jump to supplementation.

My heart pitter patters....
It's possible that he had romantic relationships with women that consulted him, nothing to do with taking advantage of them. It's difficult to imagine that understanding and helping them to get better doesn't involve connection, which in turn can lead to romance in some cases. Especially considering that he works independently, so doesn't have to explain anything to anyone.

Peatful

It's possible that he had romantic relationships with women that consulted him, nothing to do with taking advantage of them. It's difficult to imagine that understanding and helping them to get better doesn't involve connection, which in turn can lead to romance in some cases. Especially considering that he works independently, so doesn't have to explain anything to anyone.
He’s married... and I would like to believe, even falsely, that he has a moral barometer.
Plus, I was just playing around- although I am fascinated by his mind and enigma like life; and respect him/his work beyond words.

Amazoniac

He’s married... and I would like to believe, even falsely, that he has a moral barometer.
Plus, I was just playing around- although I am fascinated by his mind and enigma like life; and respect him/his work beyond words.
Those must have started in unpretentious ways.
You said you prefer smart guys to cute ones, what about Travis that is both?

Peatful

Those must have started in unpretentious ways.
You said you prefer smart guys to cute ones, what about Travis that is both?
I’m happily married!
Sorry to spoil the fun @Amazoniac.

Wagner83

Is that why you help forum members?

Last edited:

burtlancast

Just for the record, Amazoniac proposed me once.

Amazoniac

Just for the record, Amazoniac proposed me once.
It's difficult to find a member that I haven't yet.

And just to add to the record: you didn't decline it because there was not even an answer. I was left hanging in an awkward silence with a bunch of flowers, an expensive ring, a weird pose and a string trio not knowing if they should keep playing Bon Jovi and soundtracking the rejection, or stop and wasting their day. They decide to continue playing to charge by annoyance, pretending to be clueless and just doing their job expecting to be paid.

Birdie

It's difficult to find a member that I haven't yet.

And just to add to the record: you didn't decline it because there was not even an answer. I was left hanging in an awkward silence with a bunch of flowers, an expensive ring, a weird pose and a string trio not knowing if they should keep playing Bon Jovi and soundtracking the rejection, or stop and wasting their day. They decide to continue playing to charge by annoyance, pretending to be clueless and just doing their job expecting to be paid.
So funny!

Nebula

I also wonder if a high beef diet might correct a zinc deficiency which should help increase retinol transport proteins so that retinol stored in one's liver, diet and elsewhere in the body can be utilized. Zinc can stimulate thyroid which would also help retinol utilization.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I also wonder if a high beef diet might correct a zinc deficiency which should help increase retinol transport proteins so that retinol stored in one's liver, diet and elsewhere in the body can be utilized. Zinc can stimulate thyroid which would also help retinol utilization.
That makes sense. Taurine and vitamin E are supposed to help too according to Grant.

raypeatclips

It takes just a small amount to emulsify it, so I don’t think it would be harmful. When an oil isn’t organic, I think the issue is the oil- or water-solubility of the herbicide or insecticide commonly used on the crop, and on that basis I would choose soy over sunflower, since the chemicals used on sunflowers are commonly oil soluble, and would tend to stay in the oil fraction in refining.

For me, this was a fascinating and really impressive answer. The knowledge he must have on so many different things to piece together this answer into such a succinct response is amazing.

Tenacity

For me, this was a fascinating and really impressive answer. The knowledge he must have on so many different things to piece together this answer into such a succinct response is amazing.
Thanks for posting. I've often wondered whether it was safe myself, and other than Nathan Hatch, who called soy lecithin a cancer-promoting substance, I couldn't find anything.

L

lollipop

+1 Seriously, I was thinking exactly the same. What a breadth of knowledge!

Tenacity

I think what Peat must do is think about the ways in which he could know the answer to that question, and seek out lots of info along those lines. My efforts were simply typing 'is soy lecithin safe?' into Google, and giving up when nothing came up. It's making me re-think the way I approach coming to learn new knowledge, that my efforts could be better, somehow.

I think what Peat must do is think about the ways in which he could know the answer to that question, and seek out lots of info along those lines. My efforts were simply typing 'is soy lecithin safe?' into Google, and giving up when nothing came up. It's making me re-think the way I approach coming to learn new knowledge, that my efforts could be better, somehow.

this is a profound point.

Especially because there are always studies to support any point of view, especially "conventional wisdom."

Dr. Peat has a model of reality, biochemistry, physiology that is very, very deep compared to, say, mine.

I am a domain expert in certain different areas and I see into those matters in a deep way that others can not even glimpse. I suppose all of us are.

So he knows that there are questions to answer, that we don't even know exist. Pesticides are water- or oil-soluble, and are different for sunflowers versus soy. Wow, I would never have thought of that.

This is why I listen to closely to Dr. Peat. He has a model of the world in this domain that in my opinion none of us have here or could have, and that make him a real teacher. There are brilliant people here, but Peat has the model of the world that I think exceeds any of ours.

paymanz

ME:
Do you believe their is. or will be, a time where stem cell injections can be a viable option?

The anecdotal evidence I've read or heard of so far is that placenta stem cells are the most effective have helped a lot of people.

Anything worth reading on this subject in your opinion that helps better understand your view point?

RAY:
Urine and menstrual blood are good sources of stem cells, but I think their main value is in learning the principles of regulating them. As a practical method for health maintenance, I think learning how to activate and regulate the existing system of stem cells is the correct approach.

Urine as a good stem cell source?! Wow i didn't know that!

What about urine therapy then?!

Beastmode

Urine as a good stem cell source?! Wow i didn't know that!

What about urine therapy then?!

Email him. I believe it's been answered before. Just google "ray peat and urine therapy" or "ray peat and drink my pee pee." :)

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals