Ray Peat Email Advice Depository Discussion/Comment Thread

chris

Re: Ray Peat Email Advice Depository Discussion/Comment Thre

I've not drank water in months, just oj/milk/coca cola.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

dietf***ed, welcome to the forum! :greenwave

Thank you for posting those email exchanges!

kiran

I think you've got the wrong thread, Charlie. :D

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

Nope. :mrgreen:

This thread is for the discussion on what is posted in the email depository thread. The email depository thread is for email deposits ONLY.

Confused yet? :lol:

chris

Re: Ray Peat Email Advice Depository

key said:
Me:Do you think someone eating 5000cals and 8g pufa is equivalent to someone eating 2500cals and 4g pufa; both being weight stable.

ray:I think so.

Interesting, thanks for posting.

BingDing

j. said:
“When using pregnenolone, men and women alike report feeling a profound mood of resilience and an increased ability to confront challenges successfully.” -Ray Peat

Source

This! After adequate, clean protein, pregnenolone has been the best for me. I've gotta send Ray some money to say thanks.

Birdie

j. said:
From the thread Aspirin: Testimonials, and questions answered, page 14.

Destiny said:
I emailed Dr. Peat since I could not find anything on the suggested amount searching his articles and googling:
Dear Dr Peat,
if I take one baby aspirin three times weekly prior to my weight training sessions, how much Vit K2 do you recommend daily? How much if I don't take any aspirin?

His reply: Vitamin K is good for protecting muscles and bones, so 500 micrograms to one milligram is good anyway, and it would be protective against even more aspirin.
Thanks, j. I had heard him say 1mg of vit K for each 325 mg aspirin. That seems like so much K. In this quote he's recommending much less vit K. I appreciate seeing there is a range there.

OP
J

j.

Birdie said:
Thanks, j. I had heard him say 1mg of vit K for each 325 mg aspirin. That seems like so much K. In this quote he's recommending much less vit K. I appreciate seeing there is a range there.

But note that that person only consumes 89mg of aspirin three times a week.

chris

I would like to see these organised by category, I would be happy to do this as I have some free time going but after the first batch I wouldn't be able to update :? Your thoughts Charlie?

OP
J

j.

chris said:
I would like to see these organised by category, I would be happy to do this as I have some free time going but after the first batch I wouldn't be able to update :? Your thoughts Charlie?

I'm not Charlie but another possibility is to organize them in another thread and leave this part as is.

chris

j. said:
chris said:

I'm not Charlie but another possibility is to organize them in another thread and leave this part as is.

Yes, that was my thoughts. A separate thread where there is just one, long first post that is updated when new ones are added here. Sort of like "Ray Peats Brain" on Danny Roddys website.

OP
J

j.

chris said:
Yes, that was my thoughts. A separate thread where there is just one, long first post that is updated when new ones are added here. Sort of like "Ray Peats Brain" on Danny Roddys website.

Yeah, I just don't understand why someone would want to read just some of Ray's responses and not all. :D

chris

j. said:
chris said:

Yeah, I just don't understand why someone would want to read just some of Ray's responses and not all. :D

It wasn't my idea to limit what people read of Peat, rather if I wanted to find out what Ray had specifically replied to people about, say, taking thyroid, it would be more convenient to have lots of different responses and thoughts grouped together than spread out across the forum, although I can see why people would argue it is not necessary.

OP
J

j.

It was meant as a joke, it's a good idea to sort it.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

I think its a good idea too.

chris

j. said:
It was meant as a joke, it's a good idea to sort it.

Sorry I didn't pick up on it.

Charlie - I am happy to sort all the ones in this thread however you would have to update it after that due to the editing time limit. I don't want to create more effort for you though. Do you know if there is a character limit on posts?

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

The updating would be fine, if its all already done it would just be a simple cut and paste for me. There is a character limit but I can make that whatever I want.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

I was thinking we could make a special section for this down where the articles, audio, etc are. Just make one post, with all the emails, sorted.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals