Ray Peat Email Advice Depository Discussion/Comment Thread

David PS

David have you found a good source for pyrantel pamoate? It seems very available for pets with toxic additives. I couldn't find anything clean. Thanks!
I have not found a good clean source. But in the event of an emergency, even a somewhat dirty source is better than nothing.

:M :B.

@David PS Yea true that. I'm glad you posted that. I didn't think any of the anthelminthics were safe. Need to get some for my stash.

Does anyone recognize this quote / know its source?

I can't tell if the last line, which I've bolded, was written by Peat or someone else.

Q and A with Ray peat:
Me: I sometimes feel like my mind/personality are not located within or attached to my body or even related in any way...is this real? its usually when I'm struggling physically, like if I've eaten something fibrous that upsets my digestion. Any thoughts you have on this would be amazing to hear...its actually quite scary when it happens.
Ray: The intestine is powerfully related to consciousness, affecting not only our moods but even the way we feel ourselves in relation to our surrounding space. For example, motion sickness demonstrates the way our sense of movement in space is attached to our stomach and intestine—if we are on a ship, looking at things inside the ship that aren’t moving in relation to our body, the real motion sensed by our body conflicts with what our eyes are seeing, and we interpret the inner movement as nausea, but if we just glance at the horizon, the inner sensation of motion suddenly is interpreted accurately as our body moving through space, and the nausea disappears. When there are actual forces being applied to our intestine from the inside, created by bacterial growth, gas, and toxins, our consciousness tries to make sense of it, and the result can be dizziness, a sense of disorientation or falling, so that our sense of location can seem ambiguous or confused.

Different sets of nerves seem to be involved in the way the intestinal state can create depression or euphoria or other moods or attitudes toward our surroundings.

:M :B.

I have not found a good clean source. But in the event of an emergency, even a somewhat dirty source is better than nothing.
Look at what I found!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-01-09 at 4.31.04 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-01-09 at 4.31.04 PM.png
    469 KB · Views: 30
I posted a few more. Sorry if they have already been posted. The search feature on the forum wasn't working well for me.

I want to get these emails into a single document. The document can be searched easily, as well as copied and shared.

There's so much helpful information in Peat's emails. They're worth much, much more than many books. Hell, they'd make a great book themselves, a book that'll outlast all of us.

There are dozens, if not hundreds, of Peat's email scattered throughout the gmail accounts of the world. Do you have a couple? Do you have a dozen or more? Just one? Whatever the case, help out the cause and post them here before it's too late.

Have you seen his emails here and there on other discussion groups on other platforms, like Facebook or Reddit? Please do us all a massive favor and copy and paste them here, so that we can try to corral them all into one manageable document.

As the months turns into years and the years into decades, the internet will be changing, and Peat's emails will soon be lost forever, unless a concerted effort is made to preserve them. How many have we lost already to the strange whims of online password requirements and changing internet trends? Too many to count.

Copy and paste them before it's too late, and before the fakes come rolling in!

Peatress

I posted a few more. Sorry if they have already been posted. The search feature on the forum wasn't working well for me.

I want to get these emails into a single document. The document can be searched easily, as well as copied and shared.

There's so much helpful information in Peat's emails. They're worth much, much more than many books. Hell, they'd make a great book themselves, a book that'll outlast all of us.

There are dozens, if not hundreds, of Peat's email scattered throughout the gmail accounts of the world. Do you have a couple? Do you have a dozen or more? Just one? Whatever the case, help out the cause and post them here before it's too late.

Have you seen his emails here and there on other discussion groups on other platforms, like Facebook or Reddit? Please do us all a massive favor and copy and paste them here, so that we can try to corral them all into one manageable document.

As the months turns into years and the years into decades, the internet will be changing, and Peat's emails will soon be lost forever, unless a concerted effort is made to preserve them. How many have we lost already to the strange whims of online password requirements and changing internet trends? Too many to count.

Copy and paste them before it's too late, and before the fakes come rolling in!
This is a good point. It will be good to have the sources of the emails because there is no way of knowing if it really is Peat's.