Ray Peat Dieting in Korea

Velve921

Would anyone have experience or even a clue how to eat a Peatarian diet in Korea?

jaguar43

Ewlevy1 said:
Would anyone have experience or even a clue how to eat a Peatarian diet in Korea?

North Or South ?

pboy

you politely ask kim jong ill to prepare you dinner...this is the best way

pboy

I posted a long response but I think it was during forum transition so it didn't go through
I think the main diet there is rice vegetables meat tofu soy and rice based condiments and kimchi. I don't think dairy or coffee are big there, though if you looked you could probably find them. Theres definitely tea. I think youd almost have to know the area youre gonna be in and what the stores around there sell. Sesame oil is the common cooking oil, but they generally don't use a whole lot like is done in America. Ive heard from people that Korea was nice and they liked it (I think this person was a student there...or teaching or something) though they weren't following Peat, but the person was in good shape. I think the overall quality and water quality is higher there, and the people are pretty healthy in general. Youd probably have to adjust to an atypical peat approach, but something pretty healthy is probably doable once you get grounds. No personal experience to offer...ive not been to korea

OP
Velve921

Velve921

What are your thoughts on kimchi? I know it is a big staple in Korea. Would it be good for the digestive system or would lactic acid counteract healing?

And what are your thoughts on rice?

pboy

I don't think its ideal, even cooked vegetables would be better...a little, like a spoon as a condiment you might not notice. Id avoid it as much as I could. Rice is alright as long as its part of a meal that has a lot of potassium and b vitamins, cause the rice itself doesn't have really that much or any

OP
Velve921

Velve921

So does Kimchi have any benefits for digestion?

Also, do you prefer white over brown rice because there are not unhealthy proteins? Should rice be apart of a Peatarian diet or no?

pboy

I don't think it would have any benefit that cooked fresh vegetables wouldn't...it just has lactic acid rather than sugar, and some microbial waste products that aren't ideal for metabolism. Rice isn't that bad, Peat suggests starches aren't ideal but can be part of a healthy diet if balanced. I think it is ok, it digest pretty easy compared to other grains, as long as it is cooked and fresh. It lacks b vitamins and minerals, so you shouldn't eat it alone, but with near equal parts vegetables or milk if you can get it. Brown rice is probably worse than white, because the bran layer binds calcium and other beneficial molecules, potentially digestive enzymes, and can be astringent on the gut. A little isn't too bad, just don't make it a staple. It has some more vitamins but I don't think it is worth it because of the antinutrient factors. It also has a lot more phosphorus which imbalances the ideal ratio of calcium to phosphorus. I guess white rice should be part of a peat style diet if that's the most reliable, easiest to digest source of carbyhydrate you can get...might not be the best, but its respectable and doable if balanced

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals