"Ray Peat Diet Put Me In Hospital"

LUH 3417

should be titled my lack of critical thinking and basic common sense landed me in the hospital

Dobbler

can someone wh0 watched the whole thing give us tldr and why he went to hospital?

Jessie

+1 on the summary.

I don't feel like watching 30mins of what's likely to be pure stupidity.

The fact he can't even make it past the title without calling it the "Ray Peat Diet" makes me think this dude was probably chugging a gallon of milk and OJ everyday. This dude is probably WestsidePUFA under a different name now, lol.

But hey, I guess even this dude's diet would be better then the "laboratory diet" that some moron alleged he was doing on Danny's channel in one of the comments. Seriously, the guy was claiming he only consumed refined sugar and isolated aminos to "deplete PUFA."

yashi

Have not watched this yet, but it's just so hard to even start when he calls it "the Ray Peat diet".
Just now I listened to a podcast of Ray Peat (East West Healing about Glycemia & Starch) and he mentions how Vitamin A is a precursor for a lot of the steroids, but that it always needs to be in balance with thyroid function. He goes on to explain that too much Vitamin A without adequate thyroid function actually surpresses the thyroid.

So you can't just go on "the ray peat" diet, without connecting a lot of the dots and actually gaining an understanding of how things work and what situation the individual is in and which steps need to be taken in order to address things.

OP
Hgreen56

Hgreen56

can someone wh0 watched the whole thing give us tldr and why he went to hospital?

its u funny guy,
first he says that all the negative results on studys that are made on people that where following a ketogenic diet are bull**** because all these people ran into problems because they were not adapted yet. (we call this keto flu symtoms)
He says that people need FOUR WEEKS to adapt to a ketogenic diet to see improvements and then all the negative (keto flu) symptoms are going away.
i agree with that people need to adapt and thats takes indeed some time.
But in de long run, not all symptoms go away... (like decreased thyroid hormone and increase cortisol stays or got worse)

Then later he says that he tried the ray peat protocol by himself for ONE WEEK and mentions some of the problems he ran into (less sleep, more anxious in public, swellings on his tongue, dizzy, peeing all night )
So first he is telling about the keto flu symtoms that people get in the first stage and most of the studys that blame that ketogenic diet is unhealthy is based on these symtoms..
And then he let himself not adapt to his new diet and starting bitching about the problems he ran into

Well guess what, every huge diet change cause these symptoms in the first period of the adapting phase.
And all these symptoms are mostly the same nomatter what kind diet you switcht to.

So the second funny thing is, all these problems he got from switching to a ray peat diet, are exactly the same symtoms that people gets when they switch to a ketogenic diet. (just google it and you will see)

Third funny thing is he claims that a lot of philosophies/experiences comes only from ray peat and all these are wrong and gives Ray the blame to it all.
But the thing is that everything he is mention that "is wrong" and ir from Ray is not only comes from ray peat philosophies/experiences but also Lyle mcdonald (a professional nutrition/ sport guru) and Stan efferding (pro powerlifter and bodybuilder).
With other words, there are more people with years of knowledge about this stuff that has the same experience and philosophies that Ray have.

He is highly misinformed about a lot of stuff and no one word about why he went to a hospital
Its just a click-bait trick.

This guy is a joke and i feel sad for all the people that believes him.

Last edited:

Jessie

I see. Well it certainly is click bait if he doesn't even mention why he went to the hospital. I mean, usually there's an excuse, he's too lazy to even give us one of those, lol.

Vinny

its u funny guy,
first he says that all the negative results on studys that are made on people that where following a ketogenic diet are bull**** because all these people ran into problems because they were not adapted yet. (we call this keto flu symtoms)
He says that people need FOUR WEEKS to adapt to a ketogenic diet to see improvements and then all the negative (keto flu) symptoms are going away.
i agree with that people need to adapt and thats takes indeed some time.
But in de long run, not all symptoms go away... (like decreased thyroid hormone and increase cortisol stays or got worse)

Then later he says that he tried the ray peat protocol by himself for ONE WEEK and mentions some of the problems he ran into (less sleep, more anxious in public, swellings on his tongue, dizzy, peeing all night )
So first he is telling about the keto flu symtoms that people get in the first stage and most of the studys that blame that ketogenic diet is unhealthy is based on these symtoms..
And then he let himself not adapt to his new diet and starting bitching about the problems he ran into

Well guess what, every huge diet change cause these symptoms in the first period of the adapting phase.
And all these symptoms are mostly the same nomatter what kind diet you switcht to.

So the second funny thing is, all these problems he got from switching to a ray peat diet, are exactly the same symtoms that people gets when they switch to a ketogenic diet. (just google it and you will see)

Third funny thing is he claims that a lot of philosophies/experiences comes only from ray peat and all these are wrong and gives Ray the blame to it all.
But the thing is that everything he is mention that "is wrong" and ir from Ray is not only comes from ray peat philosophies/experiences but also Lyle mcdonald (a professional nutrition/ sport guru) and Stan efferding (pro powerlifter and bodybuilder).
With other words, there are more people with years of knowledge about this stuff that has the same experience and philosophies that Ray have.

He is highly misinformed about a lot of stuff and no one word about why he went to a hospital
Its just a click-bait trick.

This guy is a joke and i feel sad for all the people that believes him.
Thanks

Drareg

Peat really triggers the pathologically narcissistic kind in the health sphere, some guy called burt was claiming to refute Peat, Roddy was going through the points he made or lack of more like , the Burt guy is completely delusional, I looked on you tube and found even more bizarre videos of his mental health issues where he just continually abuses people and appeals to authority with pretty much every point he makes.

Fast Forward to 1 minute where he mentions he’s a hypochondriac, problem solved as to why he went to the hospital.

The real cause of his health issues is the suppression of his sexuality.
He also looks like he put the magnesium pills in his ear for some reason, a new form of topical admin perhaps.

LUH 3417

Peat really triggers the pathologically narcissistic kind in the health sphere, some guy called burt was claiming to refute Peat, Roddy was going through the points he made or lack of more like , the Burt guy is completely delusional, I looked on you tube and found even more bizarre videos of his mental health issues where he just continually abuses people and appeals to authority with pretty much every point he makes.

Fast Forward to 1 minute where he mentions he’s a hypochondriac, problem solved as to why he went to the hospital.

The real cause of his health issues is the suppression of his sexuality.
He also looks like he put the magnesium pills in his ear for some reason, a new form of topical admin perhaps.

Having ear gauges should automatically discredit anyone from being able to tell anyone what they should or should not do

D

danishispsychic

that video- you can tell that he needs a thyroid boost just by how stupid and slow that uninformed video is. URGH. he is just another one who is too lazy to actually read Dr Peats article and know what his work is all about.

baccheion

that video- you can tell that he needs a thyroid boost just by how stupid and slow that uninformed video is. URGH. he is just another one who is too lazy to actually read Dr Peats article and know what his work is all about.
What would cause eyebrows to still not grow back? I noticed in older pictures (10+ years ago), I had missing outer 3rd. Strange. Annoying. Still not gone.

Mrscorpion360

I have never witness such stupidity in my life and this is coming from a “ketogenic athlete” like this guy.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals