Ray Peat Contact

andy

Hello to all.could someone please tell me how to contact Ray peat.Does he have an e-mail ?Thanks for any help.

Cheryl Millett

Hello Ray,

I am in Canada. Are you familiar with seal oil? I agree about the vegetable oil, oxidization, etc. I lecture on this and seal oil. Seal oil does not oxidize like fish oils nor seed oils as it has a different molecular structure. It is a source of omegas as well but a mammalian source therefore not from vegetable seed.

Someone who took the seal oil recommended your site to me and I have reviewed some of the information.

Look forward to hearing from you. Appreciate it.

Warmly, Cheryl

x-ray peat

Ray doesn't read this board but I am sure you will get a number of interesting responses.
I for one don't think you should be encouraging the hunting of large sea mammals. Its my understanding that they also kill lots of seal pups during the hunts. As for Ray he would say that all omegas are PUFAs and therefore bad and not necessary.

Cheryl Millett

OK...how do I communicate this question to Ray? These large sea mammals are too many at the moment, they eat a lot of fish, they are coming up on land looking for food. The culling is in line with keeping the balance. Your understanding is misled and incorrect. Canada banned killing white fur seal pups over 25 years ago - the right thing to do. If you are interested, the information is listed here Seals and sealing. PUFAs are not all the same so it would be interesting to read what Ray has to say about the mammalian seal oil and we will only know if we ask him. Perhaps he is open to learning something new. So what do you say? Will you share which board I should be posting on. I have no hidden agenda as I read his info but he doesn't mention seal oil. This is my area, true, and as Ray is a biologist then he might be interested to learn about how mammalian omegas/PUFAs do not oxidize as fish and plant do.

Last edited by a moderator:
There is a ring of people that have it and don't share it claiming Ray Peat gets overwhelmed and doesn't want to answer anymore. Except they keep using it anyway. And Ray Peat never stopped answering.

Drareg

OK...how do I communicate this question to Ray? These large sea mammals are too many at the moment, they eat a lot of fish, they are coming up on land looking for food. The culling is in line with keeping the balance. Your understanding is misled and incorrect. Canada banned killing white fur seal pups over 25 years ago - the right thing to do. If you are interested, the information is listed here Seals and sealing. PUFAs are not all the same so it would be interesting to read what Ray has to say about the mammalian seal oil and we will only know if we ask him. Perhaps he is open to learning something new. So what do you say? Will you share which board I should be posting on. I have no hidden agenda as I read his info but he doesn't mention seal oil. This is my area, true, and as Ray is a biologist then he might be interested to learn about how mammalian omegas/PUFAs do not oxidize as fish and plant do.

Do you have any idea why young male Seals have started to try mate with penguins,they are humping penguins for some reason,its currently being studied.
Why do seals keep trying to have sex with penguins?

Perhaps it's excess adipose mainly PUFA causing excess estrogen and hyper sexuality ?can a Seal be obese for example?

Would I develope an "intuitive" capacity to balance a ball on my nose if I supplemented said seal oil? (While lying on my stomach of course)

x-ray peat

I could be wrong but it is my understanding that a lot of seal hunting is done in a manner that is horribly inhumane. Even Russia has banned the importation of Canadian seal products. The shocking images of slaughtered seal cubs that shame Canada's hunting trade
There are better ways to cull the seals if they are in fact too many.
As for omegas, they are still PUFAs. There are many scientific studies that show that marine oils are still oxidized
Determination of lipid oxidation products in vegetable oils and marine omega-3 supplements
keep in mind that taking a pharmacological amount of omegas is not a natural thing to do.

Last edited:

Greg says

Screen Shot 2017-03-01 at 17.38.21.png

:cool

Cheryl Millett

Well if I do say so...some people have a sense of humour here, and lots of questions too. OK, maybe none of you are interested in what Ray Peat would say himself. Perhaps I am the only one.
When it comes to making money, then a good (staged) photo is good marketing.
Interspecies mating isn't totally uncommon, with some scientists estimating that about 10 percent of animals intermingle. WHEN you find the answer please let us all know. :)
Marine oil study looks to be not reference seal oil just fish oil...although I cannot claim to know the sources by the product name only. BUT most likely not seal.
Off to work...any other questions? And if you have Ray's email ask him for me will you...but please ask him if he has fully explored seal oil and not just what he thinks.
Warmly,
Cheryl

Cheryl Millett

Ah...I see the list. BUT I should have mentioned that the seal oil supplements out there are all refined, high heat. The only one that does not is Auum (CherylMillet.com). It is a major factor for sure with oils...high heat, and I would totally agree wholeheartedly in all that Ray (and others) shares on that. I should have stated this way back...I am talking about unrefined undenatured seal oil.
Thanks...will explore the radio talk show on KMUD.
I continue to research and want to explore all angles especially with those (biologists) that have spent many years in lipids/oils/fats. So far, these people are intrigued by the differences between mammal and fish and plant and all agree about oxidization and more. Keep on learning!
Thanks all.
Cheryl

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals