Ray Peat Birthday/time/place

paper_clips43

Does anyone know Ray Peats birthday/time/ and place.
I read that his birthday is october 12.
But i at least need to know what year so that I can look up his Human Design.

jaguar43

what is a human design ?

OP
paper_clips43

paper_clips43

It is sort of like astrology and based on the I Ching.
If you know what the i ching is it will make more sense.
Basically the Chinese came up with 64 ways of determining fate called the 64 hexagrams.
When DNA was being discovered around 100 years ago they found out it had 64 codons.
Codons are like the alphabet letters of the DNA and can structure Proteins and Nucleic Acids.
Anyway, Human Design reveals a way in which the planets are related the earth at the time of ones birth.
By using the structure of our solar system it shows our personality and ways in which we operate.

Thats a very quick summary of how it works.
What it is for is giving each individual a unique set of tools to learn how to make better decisions.
Or rather meet less resistance in the world by living according to our design.

You could probably youtube some videos or google it to find out a better definition.
I was just trying to summarize how it works though. Hope I did alright.

Does anyone know where he was born?

J

j.

BingDing said:
Yeesh. Mysticism is exactly the opposite of what Peat is about. Though he might be nicer in saying so.

Ray Peat thinks the Universe is a living being and such. I think the stuff the OP it talking about is best described as just sloppy rather than mystic.

BingDing

I sort of disagree, j. Ideas about the universe, or at least Earth's biosphere, being a living system have a basis in science, aka the world of repeatable results that can be tested and disproved. The OPs post has nothing to do with repeatable results that can be tested and disproved.

Sloppy and mystical are both good descriptions of the OPs thinking, IMHO. I have never read anything from RP similar to the OPs thinking.

OP
paper_clips43

paper_clips43

And RP writes everything he believes? So if he hasn’t written something that means he doesn’t believe it?

For you to think you know exactly what RP thinks and feels sounds like you are projecting your own beliefs, IMHO.

Besides that point, I never said he does believe in what I wrote about. I asked about his birth time solely for my own benefit and never said anyone had to believe what I believe. If you are insecure with your feelings about “mysticism” than you can keep that to your self and not destroy my thread.

There was never a questions posed to hear about your feelings on the subject I started.

In fact the only questions asked on this thread were “what is a human design ?” which was answered and of course my original question which was “Does anyone know Ray Peats birthday/time/ and place. “ which has been mostly answered.

So if you have nothing to contribute to these questions then keep your feelings about mysticism to another thread that you can start. Or if you need help I can start it for you.

Thank you for understanding. I respect your opinion and beliefs but frankly I do not want to read about them on my thread.

Peata

If you get a workup on his "Human Design" I think it would be interesting to read for fun. Can you post it?

OP
paper_clips43

paper_clips43

Yes I can. I still don't have a place of birth or time. It doesn't matter too much but it would be better to have at least his place of birth so I can be more accurate with the "reading"...

jaguar43

paper_clips43 said:
Yes I can. I still don't have a place of birth or time. It doesn't matter too much but it would be better to have at least his place of birth so I can be more accurate with the "reading"...

On danny roddy's facebook page, someone posted a link of Raymond Peat from ancestry.com. I think he was born in california, but not 100% sure. It also said that he was native american so I can be sure if it was the same Ray Peat.

mmartian

His dissertation for the University of Oregon states he was born in Santee, California.

Attachments

• Peat.png
    Peat.png
    18.7 KB · Views: 1,197
OP
paper_clips43

paper_clips43

Thank you everybody that contributed to finding his birth information. The only thing I am missing is his time of birth. I need that for certain parts of the reading although I have put together a small collection of his chart and can be found on a thread I am starting in the Spirituality section of the Forum. Feel free to move the thread if there is a better place for it.

If anyone can track down his time of birth I would very much appreciate it.

Thanks again!

Ben

You could always ask the man himself. I don't think he would respond though, haha. I think you can learn more about him by reading his articles, listening to his interviews, or signing up for his newsletter.

burtlancast

In the Chinese zodiac, a birthdate of 13-10-1936 would make him a rat of fire with snake ascendancy.

Here's what they say about burning rats:

"The Rat people are endowed with the power of acute observation, anticipation, and visionary power. Because of the ability, the rat people are usually good at some creativity works. They can be artistic creators, inventors, innovators etc."

"Fire rats are highly curious and thirsty for knowledge, of outstanding memory, smart, clever, competent, sociable, chivalric, generous and straightforward, but they lack discipline sense and like to replace thinking with feelings; they hate constraint and control, and prefer to live a free life rather than the stable and limited one. Writer, mass communication and some artistic professions are very suitable for this kind of people who are independent. Of course, their personality also leads to the ups and downs in wealth."

Another take:
Positive Traits: Smart, charming, imaginative, quick-witted, resourceful, versatile, kind, cautious, alert, positive, outgoing, and cheerful
Negative Traits: Secretive, unstable, stubborn, gossipy, grouchy, and picky

Last edited:

smith

It is sort of like astrology and based on the I Ching.
If you know what the i ching is it will make more sense.
Basically the Chinese came up with 64 ways of determining fate called the 64 hexagrams.
When DNA was being discovered around 100 years ago they found out it had 64 codons.
Codons are like the alphabet letters of the DNA and can structure Proteins and Nucleic Acids.
Anyway, Human Design reveals a way in which the planets are related the earth at the time of ones birth.
By using the structure of our solar system it shows our personality and ways in which we operate.

Thats a very quick summary of how it works.
What it is for is giving each individual a unique set of tools to learn how to make better decisions.
Or rather meet less resistance in the world by living according to our design.

You could probably youtube some videos or google it to find out a better definition.
I was just trying to summarize how it works though. Hope I did alright.

Does anyone know where he was born?
Is it possible to control someone with the knowledge of their birth details?