Ray Is The Most Conventional Of All The Alternative "gurus"

A

Anonymous

Ray believes probiotics are garbage and recommends the use of antibiotics.

Ray recommends avoiding starches like breads, rice, bagels and instead, eating fruit or drinking orange juice.

Ray recommends keeping fat low and eating adequate amounts of animal protein.

Ray recommends the use of antihistamines as do many conventional doctors, as well as other pharmaceutical drugs, in certain instances.

Ray recommends the use of aspirin and anacin.

Ray does not recommend supplements or herbs.

Ray acknowledges the benefits of drinking coffee.

Ray believes autoimmune disorders are b.s.

Ray believes adrenal fatigue is b.s.

A lot of people seem to dismiss conventional medicine as having bad intentions, but a lot of Rays views seem to be consistent with those of conventional medicine. Relative to many other followings on the Internet, Ray's recommendations seem to be the least "quacky" and most supported by scientific evidence. Obviously there are some areas of disagreement. But So many people seem to not want to trust doctors like they are part of the new world order or some crap, but most have great intentions, but are just ill informed in some areas in my experience.

Amazoniac

From the Tribalism Wikipedia page:

"Once a person's limit for connection is reached, the human brain must resort to some combination of hiearchical schemes, stereotypes, and other simplified models in order to understand so many people"

Sounds a bit offensive but it's not. Just something to translate and consider..

gretchen

JRMoney15 said:
Ray believes probiotics are garbage and recommends the use of antibiotics.

Ray recommends avoiding starches like breads, rice, bagels and instead, eating fruit or drinking orange juice.

Ray recommends keeping fat low and eating adequate amounts of animal protein.

Ray recommends the use of antihistamines as do many conventional doctors, as well as other pharmaceutical drugs, in certain instances.

Ray recommends the use of aspirin and anacin.

Ray acknowledges the benefits of drinking coffee.

Ray believes autoimmune disorders are b.s.

Ray believes adrenal fatigue is b.s.

A lot of people seem to dismiss conventional medicine as having bad intentions, but a lot of Rays views seem to be consistent with those of conventional medicine. Relative to many other followings on the Internet, Ray's recommendations seem to be the least "quacky" and most supported by scientific evidence. Obviously there are some areas of disagreement. But So many people seem to not want to trust doctors like they are part of the new world order or some crap, but most have great intentions, but are just ill informed in some areas in my experience.

I think Ray's conventionalism has to so at least somewhat with when he was born. According to Howe & Strauss' 4th Turning theory, Ray is part of the Silent generation, which was born from 1920-1941. This was the era in which WW was happening. Children were raised in protective, secure type environments and were taught to respect and obey authority. This seems to have an influence over his work.
http://www.lifecourse.com/about/method/ ... types.html

Actually, the distrust people have for conventional medicine is mostly because of the Baby Boomers, who for decades now have insisted that they know better than the rest of us. The sky is in fact green and "we won't stop till everyone agrees with us and we will burn this country to the ground" etc etc. They are the ones who began pushing ideas like avoiding saturated fat, vegan/vegetarian diets, exercise and alternative medicine as the "new" ways of living, which was supposed to be better than the "old fashioned" ways of the 1950s.

The generation Xers and Millenials have followed suit to a great degree. Peat's appeal seems to be that his ideas don't bow to the other loser generations.

JRMoney15 said:

Do you even Peat?
Peat does recommend the use of supplements:

Ray Peat said:
The supplements that most often help to correct diabetes-like conditions are niacinamide, thiamine, thyroid, and progesterone or pregnenolone. Vitamins D and K are clearly protective against developing diabetes, and their effects on many regulatory processes suggest that they would also help to correct existing hyperglycemia.
http://raypeat.com/articles/articles/glucose-sucrose-diabetes.shtml

OP
A

Anonymous

cantstoppeating said:
JRMoney15 said:

Do you even Peat?

Ray Peat said:
The supplements that most often help to correct diabetes-like conditions are niacinamide, thiamine, thyroid, and progesterone or pregnenolone. Vitamins D and K are clearly protective against developing diabetes, and their effects on many regulatory processes suggest that they would also help to correct existing hyperglycemia.

Thyroid isn't a supplement because it's found in food. And the fat solubles are recommended for topical use. But assuming one is eating the right foods, they shouldn't be needed. While he does mention niacinamide, it's only recommended until the issue is corrected.

It's possible just using the Mayo Clinic website to disprove at least a half of those, but remember something more important: "the devil is in the details".

JRMoney15 said:
cantstoppeating said:
JRMoney15 said:

Do you even Peat?

Ray Peat said:

Thyroid isn't a supplement because it's found in food. And the fat solubles are recommended for topical use. But assuming one is eating the right foods, they shouldn't be needed. While he does mention niacinamide, it's only recommended until the issue is corrected.

Eh?

Vitamin K and D are found in food. Niacinamide is found in food.

Stop projecting your own distorted image of Peat onto the man himself; Peat recommends supplements.

OP
A

Anonymous

cantstoppeating said:
JRMoney15 said:
cantstoppeating said:
JRMoney15 said:

Do you even Peat?

Ray Peat said:

Eh?

Stop projecting your own distorted image of Peat onto the man himself; Peat recommends supplements.

Stop trying to be an authority on what Peat recommends when you've been Peating for no more than a year. All you do is regurgitate ideas and theories as if they were your own.

JRMoney15 said:
cantstoppeating said:
JRMoney15 said:
cantstoppeating said:
JRMoney15 said:

Do you even Peat?

Ray Peat said:

Eh?

Stop trying to be an authority on what Peat recommends when you've been Peating for no more than a year. All you do is regurgitate ideas and theories as if they were your own.

You said Peat doesn't recommend supplements.
I post a quote of him recommending supplements.
You still insist he doesn't recommend supplements.

I tell you you're projecting a distorted image of Peat.
You attack me on stuff irrelevant to this discussion.

I conclude your serotonin is too high.
Your cognitive faculty isn't functioning right.
Try some cyproheptadine.

OP
A

Anonymous

cantstoppeating said:
JRMoney15 said:
cantstoppeating said:
JRMoney15 said:
cantstoppeating said:
JRMoney15 said:

Do you even Peat?

Ray Peat said:

Eh?

Try some cyproheptadine.

"Your criticisms of other people are a reflection of your own insecurities."

You just revealed a lot about yourself. Clearly you question your own intelligence and cognitive abilities, otherwise you would not have identified this in another person. By assigning these labels to me and telling me that my serotonin is high, you feel better about yourself. Being defensive and aggressive is a sign of high serotonin, so you may want to increase your cyproheptadine dose.

Do yourself a favor and Google "reticular activation system."

You took the comment about supplements personally, which immediately raised red flags, probably because you take a lot of them. Rather than telling me you simply disagree, you fired back with an attack.

You can go around trying to diminish people on the Internet, but deep down, you are the one suffering. So I'll refrain from embarrassing you any further.

I suggest you take a break from the forum and researching Ray's work, and spend some time adressing the spiritual aspect of your life, which seems to be holding you back from your happiness.

JRMoney15 said:
cantstoppeating said:
JRMoney15 said:
cantstoppeating said:
JRMoney15 said:
cantstoppeating said:
JRMoney15 said:

Do you even Peat?

Ray Peat said:

Eh?

Try some cyproheptadine.

You just revealed a lot about yourself. Clearly you question your own intelligence and cognitive abilities, otherwise you would not have identified this in another person. By assigning these labels to me and telling me that my serotonin is high, you feel better about yourself. Being defensive and aggressive is a sign of high serotonin, so you may want to increase your cyproheptadine dose.

You took the comment about supplements personally, which immediately raised red flags, probably because you take a lot of them. Rather than telling me you simply disagree, you fired back with an attack.

You can go around trying to diminish people on the Internet, but deep down, you are the one suffering. So I'll refrain from embarrassing you any further.

I suggest you take a break from the forum and researching Ray's work, and spend some time adressing the spiritual aspect of your life, which seems to be holding you back from your happiness.

Now back to the actual topic: Ray does recommend supplements.

OP
A

Anonymous

cantstoppeating said:
JRMoney15 said:
cantstoppeating said:
JRMoney15 said:
cantstoppeating said:
JRMoney15 said:
cantstoppeating said:
JRMoney15 said:

Do you even Peat?

Ray Peat said:

Eh?

Try some cyproheptadine.

Ok. He does. You win.

JRMoney15 said:
cantstoppeating said:
JRMoney15 said:
cantstoppeating said:
JRMoney15 said:
cantstoppeating said:
JRMoney15 said:
cantstoppeating said:
JRMoney15 said:

Do you even Peat?

Ray Peat said:

Eh?

Try some cyproheptadine.

Ok. He does. You win.

No worries, glad to help.

OP
A

Anonymous

cantstoppeating said:
JRMoney15 said:
cantstoppeating said:
JRMoney15 said:
cantstoppeating said:
JRMoney15 said:
cantstoppeating said:
JRMoney15 said:
cantstoppeating said:
JRMoney15 said:

Do you even Peat?

Ray Peat said:

Eh?

Try some cyproheptadine.

Ok. He does. You win.

No worries, glad to help.

Thanks.

Attakai

JRMoney15 said:

"let me post a quote and use it as a basis of a multi-paragraph assessment of an online forum member's life"

OP
A

Anonymous

halken said:
Is it just me, or is JRMoney15 a total ****?

How so? That was not my intention and I apologize if I came off that way.

EIRE24

Why do you all waste your time bickering over minor details? We all came here to gain something and help ourselves gain happiness in better health. Chill out a small bit!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals