Ray about pheromones

Roni123@

Screenshot_2022-03-03-17-03-34-434_com.google.android.gm.jpg

EustaceBagge

I guess this just tell us that more than only looks attract women, weren't there studies implying that a good immune system was sensed by women? I don't see why it would be any different for metabolism, hormonal balance, digestion etc. as it all increases longevity and survival.

Well I will disagree with Ray on at least this point.

Everyone knows seeing is believing. You can say a million things will "work" to some degree, but nothing beats living or at least closely seeing such effects.

Even if women can supposedly sense immune systems, who then decides which immune system is best? Women? Okay so I guess every guy who gets laid a lot clearly has a fantastic immune system ... Never mind the fact that we talk of how dysgenic things appear to be these days anyways. When a guy says he has trouble with him do not give him any advice other than to improve his immune system ... However the hell that is possible. ?

Just more excuses to pretend looks on a man do not affect his life. Of course fixing an immune system is "technically" impossible -- this is a perfect way to then gaslight men who question their appearances and how such play a role in their lives or circumstances throughout life. It isn't looks -- improve your immune system!

Okay, then tell how to do that (for the sake of attracting more women) and I and many guys who don't do so well can promptly follow such advice.

I know many will say "testosterone" but again that brings up the question as to if any men prior to the laboratory preparation of such use ever could attract a woman. Because if you need supraphysiological testosterone levels to attract any woman, how do you explain natural guys who don't even gym who pull endlessly? What about those "gymcels" who take insane AAS and work hard to improve their health and masculinity who also complain they struggle heavily with women?

If pheromones attract then explain guys who take AAS in high doses and aren't swarmed by women everywhere? Until that is explained I am not sold on pheromones in humans.

I see big, bodybuilder type guys (muscles) clearly on mega androgens/anabolics who get no special attention from women in public. On the flip side a tall, dark triad man with average testosterone can attract women more likely.

Do guys with normal or low testosterone but just happen to be tall and crazy have good immune systems?

Meanwhile a guy who spends his whole life focusing on his health has a weak one? Then nothing you can do about it then ... Because if action doesn't yield new results ever then you can't change what really matters anyways.

OP
R

Roni123@

a high testosterone is not beneficial, but it is the relationship of testosterone with other hormones that makes the difference, all this is involved in a high energy metabolism

baccheion

It would make sense that low calcium + magnesium would be a more attractive profile, as it is associated with higher DHEA (+ cortisol). DHEA is associated with the special sexual scent. Further, there could end up being a bit more estrogen, a sign of fertility for men.

Low calcium + magnesium goes with higher protein, phosphorus, potassium, and sodium. Also with lower aldosterone, something associated with higher dopamine. More dopamine = more assertive (aggression when high) = more masculine/attractive.

Potatoes, a few cups of milk at the end of the day, sustained-release melatonin (eg, REMfresh), and DHEA. 20-30 minutes HIIT/lifting every 2-3 days for 20-30 minutes for hormetic effects. Not really Peaty.

opethfeldt

If pheromones attract then explain guys who take AAS in high doses and aren't swarmed by women everywhere? Until that is explained I am not sold on pheromones in humans.

I see big, bodybuilder type guys (muscles) clearly on mega androgens/anabolics who get no special attention from women in public. On the flip side a tall, dark triad man with average testosterone can attract women more likely.

Do guys with normal or low testosterone but just happen to be tall and crazy have good immune systems?

Meanwhile a guy who spends his whole life focusing on his health has a weak one? Then nothing you can do about it then ... Because if action doesn't yield new results ever then you can't change what really matters anyways.
Estrogen may play a role. For me, high androgens aren't necessarily the ticket to attraction but a good androgen/estrogen ratio is. Women are massively put off by any agitation or aggression from estrogen in my experience. Even if it's only internal and doesn't show in your behavior. Gotta be calm, cool and collected.

GorillaHead

Interesting thread but the whole topic is focused on primitive function. Humans have higher function and their experiences shape their mindsets and desires.

Ultimately looks are a reflection of health. And often times people seek images of themselves. The amount of couples i see that look like each other is crazy. Its not all cases tho

Nomane Euger

Interesting thread but the whole topic is focused on primitive function. Humans have higher function and their experiences shape their mindsets and desires.

Ultimately looks are a reflection of health. And often times people seek images of themselves. The amount of couples i see that look like each other is crazy. Its not all cases tho
hi,in which aspects do humans have higher function that do exempt them of these primitive function?

LeeLemonoil

Your rationale is reductionistic and in some aspects just speculation - of which parts are highly like wrong anyway.

First of all, mating, attractiveness and so forth are influenced by many factors. Of which each interact and influence each other, and fluidly given the context of situations.

Secondly, while there is a certain spectrum of factors that enables or prevents attraction between male and female, within this spectrum there are nearly endless possible constellations that affect attraction. And that goes both ways, how the male and how the females organism, health, psyche, status, upbringing etc functions.

Peat, as most of the Time, sais a lot with few words since his knowledge and experience is so vast that he has to compress the hypercomplex into succinct language:

„Looks attract, pheromones confirm“ is not an all-encompassing or exhaustive explanations but it’s indicative.

In most cases, Looks decide if you proceed in any interaction with the possibility of mating in mind. Even more so, to consider a relationship. This can also happen subconsciously.

Then, when you interact more, social background and so forth get eludicated and checked for compatibility.

„Pheromones“ means alas sorgt of semiochemical signaling. Steroids are part of that, but by far not the only factor.
Receptors for semiochemicals of all kinds can be found in nearly all organs and tissue, its one of the most ancient - maybe the most ancient- form of interaction and signaling between life-forms. Microbes to plants to animals.

Testosterone intake alone means nothing and can easily be regarded as unattractive depending on how the takers organism metabolizes test and how the recipient of the signals is set-up.

It’s extremely reductionist and also wrong to think of testosterone or dhea or whatever as singular or overpowering singnaling-molecules. These major steroids form a lot of metabolites that get excreted abd exuded. The interplay of all the substances you give off decide. These are metabolites of all kinds: steroids, neurotransmitters, cytokines, fatty-acids (highly relevant), microbial metabolites (also fatty acids), microbial metabolites on your skin, food metabolites and so on.

Quantity, both absolute and relative of every single molecule influences the signaling.

The recipient then is subject to his own mutations in GPC- and steroid-receptors etc.

It’s nearly endlessly complex.
Still. Health, fitness, status will all influence your semiochemical profile and either increase or decrease the chances of successful mating or partnership - depending on any given recipient.

Brandin

Muscles definitely help. Im not on anabolics tho and my liver, immune system and ***t is decent. Or well on haiduts androsterone and 11keto dht in tiny dosages rn but they are antiestrogenic and not livertoxic

GorillaHead

hi,in which aspects do humans have higher function that do exempt them of these primitive function?
Its not about being exempt. Its just thatt the only angle they are thinking of in this thread. And it likely that angle plays minimally in woman's decisions to choose a mate. Thats abundantly clear because humans arent exactly evolving physically at the very least.