Raw Vegan

redlight

this guy claims to be a raw vegan, he does look very healthy with excellent hair for his age.

OP
R

redlight

I did feel really good as a raw vegan but i simply couldn't maintain it

Jennifer

I've been watching John Rose's videos all week. He cracks me up. I find myself counting every time he says "My special teaching tool." Anyhow, I've experienced so many great and weird improvements from eating all raw, 100% plant-based so I get where he's coming from and can appreciate his passion and well detailed experiments, but I can't say this diet is for everyone like he believes. I think he looks great and appears to be healthy, but I've seen people eating a polar opposite diet who also look great and appear to be healthy so...

Brian

Raw veganism seems to only work alright in a warm, sunny climate that has access to year round high quality tropical fruit and greens with a very low stress lifestyle, outdoors barefoot and bare chested, working only on some online business a few hours per day, that is neither intellectually or physically very demanding.

Most raw vegans eat a type of modified chimpanzee diet. Two large fruit meals and one extremely large salad meal of a 1-2 pounds of salad greens either juiced or whole with some avocado. Most people seem to get zinc deficiency on this diet. Males get low androgens unless they completely avoid ejaculation for months at a time and even then they often seem to have lower testosterone.

One thing these New Agey raw vegan types demonstrate well is that being outdoors and in the sun a lot of the day can do wonders for your health no matter what you eat. However, their often very dogmatic, rigid views on various topics seem to indicate that their diet isn't particularly good for brain health and neurosteroid production.

Jennifer

Not everything is what it seems, Brian.

I live in New Hampshire so no access to yearround, high quality tropical fruit or sun. I sit outside on the deck for only a half hour to an hour on days we do get sun, and I do this with a tank top on, not bare chested. I do make an effort to reduce stress as much as possible, but I'm caring for a grandmother with advanced dementia so stress is inevitable. I eat this diet because it makes me feel my best and more resilient to stress. My blood markers also improved. No zinc deficiency. I don't eat pounds of leafy greens, whole or juiced, and only have a lite Florida avocado every now and then. I prefer coconut fat. I would hope I'm not dogmatic or rigid in my thinking, but if I am, I don't believe it's because of my diet since people on all kinds of diets have proven to be dogmatic and rigid in their thinking.

Last edited:

milk_lover

This old guy looks strong and has quite a good amount of muscles. I wouldn't say he has low androgen production. Would love to have his body at that age.

Brian

How many years have you been eating raw vegan Jennifer?

@milk_lover, yeah this guy does seem to have good hormonal levels. I wonder if he's doing any supplementation that he does not mention or what his real diet history is. People sometimes build their body on a normal diet and switch to an extreme one and dishonestly claim that they have been on it longer than they actually have. I also expect that people with resilient genetics, epigenetics for high androgen production and a healthy childhood fare well on just about any diet as long as lifestyle is decent. Seems to be the case with populations with high DHT production throughout parts of Africa.

Last edited:

Jennifer

How many years have you been eating raw vegan Jennifer?

I've been eating 100% plant-based for a little over a year now. About 8 years ago, I followed 80/10/10 for 2 years in an attempt to gain weight and a menstrual cycle (former diet was a low-fat, whole foods diet of fruits, veggies, lean meat/shellfish, low-fat dairy and eggs), but I was only able to gain about 15 pounds before I fractured my spine. I dropped the diet because my doctor at the time was influenced by the Weston A. Price Foundation and said it was my high sugar diet that did me in.

However, after reading Ray's and Dr. Robert Morse's work, I now understand what happened to me and I'm finally seeing some amazing (for me) results with my current diet. My blood tests and other health markers are finally inline with what Ray considers to be healthy, which oddly enough wasn't something I was able to achieve in the 2 years I followed a standard dairy-based Peaty diet. The raw version I do is based on Ray and Dr. Morse's work, along with my body's own preferences, so mostly fruit and no hard to digest or high PUFA plant foods.

I think John Rose has been following a raw vegan diet for something like 25 years now. He's the one that turned Kristina Carrillo-Bucaram (fully raw Kristina) on to a raw foods diet.

michael94

yeah raw veganism seems great for women and in the right direction at least for men. Lots of fruit and less homogenized dairy/muscle meat/starch = good

tankasnowgod

Rather be bald than be a vegan?

Yep, I'd rather be bald than vegan. Steak, Cheese, Honey and Shellfish are DELICIOUS! and also, very nutritious.

Although, that is a false either/or question if ever there was one.

John Rose may have done fine on a vegan diet (or while simply claiming to be on a vegan diet), but Lierre Keith and Denise Minger did not, and found an omnivorius diet superior. Adam Yauch and Steve Jobs also died of cancer quite young on a vegan diet, while Michael Clark Duncan died from heart disease quite young while promoting a vegetarian diet.

Lastly, I should point out, without detailed food logs from a third party, it's impossible to know what any of these people ate with certainty.

snowboard111

Probably important to take into consideration that diet is one part of the entire thing... not the thing itself.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals