Raw Thyroid Glandular, My Experience So Far

Peata

I know this supplement isn't considered ideal in RP world, but I had this in the cabinet since sometime last year and thought it might be good to go ahead and give it a try, especially since I'm at the point where I became sort of "down" about my condition. I thought if it helped me it was at least a good starting point. My temps haven't really changed much since starting the RP foods last March, and I've done a lot of experimenting on myself with diet and supplements over the last year. I think my condition has been going on too long for diet alone to fix it. Maybe it would fix someone younger or who hadn't been having issues for so long.

Anyway, I've been taking one capsule in the morning of this Raw Thyroid. This makes day #4, but I think I started to be able to tell a difference since yesterday. It's subtle, but I believe there is something going on in a good way. My temps have stayed a little higher, consistently. Even this afternoon when I'd normally be in the 97s, I've maintained the low 98s. I even went to 99 for a while. The last time I saw that before I started this supplement, was after a cup of coffee and a long, hot shower, after which I dressed in winter clothes, got under the covers, and turned on a space heater. I've had plenty of energy today and felt motivated to actually do stuff I've put off for so long, as well as had a positive mood all day.

The supplement contains 390 mg. of a "synergistic complex" of thyroid, adrenal, pituitary, thymus, spleen. Also kelp. I know kelp is a no-no, but it's down on the ingredient list, and I'm hoping that since I don't get a lot of iodine otherwise, that it will be OK. I have lessened the amount of milk I use, and have seafood about 1x week. So hopefully the little bit of kelp won't be the end of the world. At any rate, this is just to see if I felt a difference one way or another on a thyroid supplement, not that I'll necessarily only use this one.

My pulse has been a little lower, but I consider that good since the last couple weeks before starting this, I was in the 90s all the time (particularly after getting palpitations from the pregnenolone supplement when it would go to the high 90s, sometimes 100 after eating. That problem is gone now). Now my pulse is in the mid 80s today.

So, temps in 98's, usually close to 98.6, pulse between 84 - 88. Energy, optimism. And my skin is looking better, though I've also been using 200 - 300 mg. progest-E lately too. Sleep is great. I usually feel warm in hands and feet.

I'm just relaying my experience so far and wondering what other RP'ers think. If there's a thyroid supplement similar to this one that is more recommended here.

OP
Peata

Peata

I think my pulse was always on the high side from adrenaline (anxiety going in the background more than healthy people).

When I woke up this morning, my temp was higher than normal, but I'm pretty sure it was from low blood sugar. It went down slightly after I got some orange juice and later the coffee drink.

OP
Peata

Peata

I have to say, I'm really loving this. 98.8 after nothing in particular (meaning, no "working" to bring my temp up with hot shower, extra clothes, no eating anything special, etc.). Pulse 88. My temps are in the mid to high 97s when I wake, then they seem to stay above 98... often reaching 98.6 or nearby.

OP
Peata

Peata

Been on this for a week, and all I can say is I hope I continue to get these results. I am really doing well.

OP
Peata

Peata

Now I'm really glad I took my time and got the foods part of this down first (along with supplements) for over a year because I think it had my body prepared for the thyroid supplement, and maybe that's why it worked so fast for me and so well.

J

j.

I think if you just take thyroid without the right diet, you get, like Charlie mentioned, nutritional deficiencies.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
j. said:
I think if you just take thyroid without the right diet, you get, like Charlie mentioned, nutritional deficiencies.
Indeed. And fast. Like j said earlier about deficiencies is to treat them one by one to find out if its working or not. That's what I am doing with the B6. I might make an attempt at vitamin A next.

Kray

Peata said:
I think my pulse was always on the high side from adrenaline (anxiety going in the background more than healthy people).

When I woke up this morning, my temp was higher than normal, but I'm pretty sure it was from low blood sugar. It went down slightly after I got some orange juice and later the coffee drink.

Peata--

What is your thyroid brand? Do you know what amounts of active thyroid are in it?

SQu

Great to hear Peata! I agree with you on your body being well prepared for it to work by first fixing the diet for some time.

OP
Peata

Peata

classicallady said:
Peata said:

Peata--

What is your thyroid brand? Do you know what amounts of active thyroid are in it?

Natural Source Raw Thyroid. And it's supposed to not have any active thyroid in it, so that part isn't listed. The other info on what it contains is in my first post in this thread.

Kray

Peata said:
classicallady said:
Peata said:

Peata--

Natural Source Raw Thyroid. And it's supposed to not have any active thyroid in it, so that part isn't listed. The other info on what it contains is in my first post in this thread.

Thanks-- I do wonder how the inactive form is able to give quite good results. It makes sense though-- we're simply eating those parts of the animal in a tablet form that we used to eat at the dinner table. :2cents

Kray

And that's great for you that it seems to be working. Please keep us posted on your journey and what you find your optimum dose to be. I've done a similar brand but without the extra glands, so I may want to experiment with yours....

OP
Peata

Peata

I wonder if I need to start taking a little more. My temps are higher than they were which means I tend to wake at 97.7-9, and then they slowly go up, eventually reaching 98.6 in afternoon usually.

But don't they need to be at 98.6 from noon til evening at least?

mas

classicallady wrote
Thanks-- I do wonder how the inactive form is able to give quite good results. It makes sense though-- we're simply eating those parts of the animal in a tablet form that we used to eat at the dinner table.

I searched a lot of supermarkets, fancy high priced speciality markets and meat wholesalers to try to get some sweetbread (veal thyroid) and I was not successful.

I don't know why it is so difficult to get these sweetbreads that were such a part of the diet years ago. Has anyone actually been successful at getting these? I tend to think that the fresh gland would have much more nutritional potency with fresh thyroid tissue.

Philomath

Peata, that's Awesome!! Good for you! Like classicallady, I've started on dessicated thyroid (probably the same kind too). It's still early for me but what you are experiencing is exactly where I hope to be soon. Hopefully it's finally clicked for you!

Philomath

j. said:

Is your appetite increasing as your temperature rises?

OP
Peata

Peata

Philomath said:
Peata, that's Awesome!! Good for you! Like classicallady, I've started on dessicated thyroid (probably the same kind too). It's still early for me but what you are experiencing is exactly where I hope to be soon. Hopefully it's finally clicked for you!

Thanks. It seems to be going well. I am still just taking one capsule in the morning. My temps reach 98.6 by 3 p.m. or so (when I've been able to check anyway). My pulse actually seems lower but in a good way. I always seemed to have a bit of high pulse - in the 90s and I think this was adrenaline. It's often in the 80s now. Never lower that I've seen.

I'm not sure if I should try other raw thyroid brand or not. For now I'll stick with this.

I also take a lot of Progest E. At least 200 mg. per day. Not sure how long I will keep that up but so far for about 2.5 weeks.

And then I've been taking pregenolone daily for a week or more.

Besides these, I also take B vitamins and try to keep blood sugar stable. With all that, my moods and reactions are where they should be the majority of the time. I can even tell people around me are responding positively - my relations are better.

mimi

Hmmm, I'm thinking about trying this one as well. It's not easy to get good thyroid supps where I live, but this one I could order without any problems and it's not even that expensive.

Thanks so much for sharing your experience here, Peata. Totally appreciate your ongoing helpful input!

Kray

Yes Peata, thanks for the update. That is encouraging. I'm on the wagon right now, so to speak, with thyroid, so I'll be checking in to see how you do on the Natural Source brand. I've only tried Nutri-Meds and American Biologics thyroid. The Natural Sources brand have the extras for adrenals-- have you tried any other raw thyroid brand without these to compare?

OP
Peata

Peata

YVW mimi and classicalady.

I have not tried other kinds of thyroid or other glandular products before. I'd happily stick with this one, but at times have doubts because of reading where kelp is terrible. This one has some kelp (200-300 mg?), I assume for iodine. I don't worry about the iodine part because I have reduced consumption of it anyway - I use Morton's canning salt at home, for example. But I guess I have to wonder about whether kelp has heavy metals or Fukushima radiation or something in it.

My HFS carries one other brand - Ultra Glandular Raw Thyroid, but I wasn't sure of the source of bovine in it. The kind I'm currently using is New Zealand bovine, and everyone trusts NZ beef purity....

Anyway, I had this in the cabinet from last summer and decided to give it a go just to see how/if I would react to a thyroid product at all, then when I use this up I'll go from there.