Raw Thyroid Gland

paper_clips43

Anyone have any experience eating the actual raw thyroid glad? Or cooking it if thats how you consume organs...

If so then what would be the proper amount to eat?

I have ordered them before from grass fed beef sources and its kind hard to distinguish what is the gland and what is the other parts attached to it.

I ended up just blending it with some raw milk and honey and drank it down. This was almost two years ago when I was eating raw paleo. I felt good at the time although looking back at it and knowing what I know now I think I probably ate too much.

My idea is to just order another one soon and just take small bites out of it every couple days or maybe throughout the day. Definitely going to be measuring my temps and BPM when I do.

If anyone has any experience please feel free to share...

Mittir

In KMUD alkaline and acid interview, he said 1 gram of fresh gland is equivalent
to 15 grain of dessicated armour thyroid.Body needs 4-5 mcg of T3 per hour and
If you take excess T3, liver will inactivate rest of the T3 and the enzyme that inactivate
excess T3 may continue to inactivate T3 for a longer period of time
(probably several hours or a day). You will need a very good scale
to measure raw gland in micrograms.
Another possible problem with gland is iodine. I tried chicken neck
soups and it works just like thyroid med. It warms me up in half
an hour and very calming. But i felt like something
in the soup is causing problem. Either the excess iodine in the soup or may be
they added some cleaner or preservative. I think it is ok to take small amount of
thyroid hormone in food regularly or infrequently. But larger amount of thyroid
hormone needs to be taken regularly, because T4 part of the hormone slowly
builds up in the body and thyroid gland responds accordingly.

jaguar43

I ate deer thyroid. I froze it first then ate a few slices, It is definitely "smoother" than cynomel and cynoplus. I think the chinese eat sheep thyroid in a soup.

himsahimsa

I'd like to know where you got the glands. I think making them into jerky or pemmican would be a good way to keep them edible and also dilute them to enable dosing.

YuraCZ

Here in Czech Rep. Doctors prescribe only T4 without T3 so I'm hypo all the time. Chicken broth from 0,5kg necks works in some extent temp. from 36.3 to 36.8 in half an hour. Now I can have thyroid glands from 30 months old calfs. It will be interesting experiment. I hope that I don't end up with graves disease or something.. :eh:

jaguar43

YuraCZ said:
Here in Czech Rep. Doctors prescribe only T4 without T3 so I'm hypo all the time. Chicken broth from 0,5kg necks works in some extent temp. from 36.3 to 36.8 in half an hour. Now I can have thyroid glands from 30 months old calfs. It will be interesting experiment. I hope that I don't end up with graves disease or something.. :eh:

Thats very unlikely. When you consume to much thyroid either from medication or animal tissue your body will deactivate it. There is going to be that threshold where your hyperthyroid for a few hours. But thats it.

tara

jag2594 said:
YuraCZ said:

Thats very unlikely. When you consume to much thyroid either from medication or animal tissue your body will deactivate it. There is going to be that threshold where your hyperthyroid for a few hours. But thats it.
I am no expert in this, I've just read a lot here.
I eat a little chicken neck stock every day, and I think it helps.

I would be cautious about eating a lot at once. Overdosing can be problematic. Think of the size of the animal it is coming from. If you get way too much it can be dangerous. If you get a bit too much, I suspect the accommodations your body makes to the excess (eg increasing reverse T3) can make it harder to find an appropriate dose subsequently. Remember that the T4 component has a long half life, so if you keep increasing the dose too quickly because the effect does not seem to be enough, you can end up with too much in your system.

If it were me, I'd probably treat them a bit like I do the chicken necks. I'd cook and blend them, along with the cooking water, and then freeze into icecubes. Then to figure out a dose, I'd treat them like NDT tablets, and start with a low dose, gradually increasing every 2-3 weeks till temps are good.
But your situation is different if you are already supplementing T4. I'm not sure how to calculate a conversion.

Out of curiosity, when you get them delivered, I'd wonder how big they are?