Raw sugarcane juice... pretty healthy!

beachbum

Yes IMO I agree, and curious why I mostly read on this site usage of the refined. I read about sugarcane juice before RP because I came across the raw deal the stalk (whatever its called) and was amazed how healthy the juice is. So to that note I will look into buy it and post how it effects me. I really dont like using white sugar to much because of no nutrients. I may also add blackstrap molasses here and there (I know what does that have to do with sugarcane) just to throw more nutrients. I know high in iron but high in calcium too and I wouldn't have it everyday Also I personally think keep all things in balance and don't go crazy eliminating this that. Just my 2 cents.

Thank you
Beachbum

mt_dreams

I've had it fresh a couple of times while in Florida. imo it trumps both maple & coconut water by a mile.
Most of the B vitamins don't make it through processing for sugar/molasses, so the juice is the only way to utilize those vitamins.

beachbum

Thank you about the B vitamins, very good to know. Diffinitly going to do juice.

Beachbum

michael94

sounds yummy, any way to get the stuff living outside of tropical regions?

slayers

I drank a lot of raw sugar cane juice that we freshly pressed each morning while visiting Costa Rica