Raw Milk

bluefish

Is raw milk a worthwhile thing to consume?

I’m considering starting to buy and drink it. And I was assuming doing goat milk...

Is there high levels of estrogen in it? And is that a problem??

thanks !

T

TheBeard

Is raw milk a worthwhile thing to consume?

I’m considering starting to buy and drink it. And I was assuming doing goat milk...

Is there high levels of estrogen in it? And is that a problem??

thanks !

Are you currently drinking industrial milk and thinking about switching? Give it a try?
Are you not drinking milk at all? Give it a try?

It's full of unaltered nutrients.

burtlancast

The crucial matter is whether it's from free range, grass fed cows or not.

If not, then there's few advantages.

The crucial matter is whether it's from free range, grass fed cows or not.

If not, then there's few advantages.
Do you drink raw milk?

burtlancast

Do you drink raw milk?

I don't have access to it right now, but i'm able to drink fresh cow milk from grass-fed cows after boiling it for 4 min (must be probably an A2 cow), but i'm absolutely unable to drink the commercial store bought one, whatever the quality/price.

The taste difference between the 2 is mind blowing.

I don't have access to it right now, but i'm able to drink fresh cow milk from grass-fed cows after boiling it for 4 min (must be probably an A2 cow), but i'm absolutely unable to drink the commercial store bought one, whatever the quality/price.

The taste difference between the 2 is mind blowing.
I see.

I remember tasting something very off with regards to commercial milk, especially as a child. People say that raw milk is delicious!

Also, why specifically 4 minutes?

Dave Clark

The advantages as I know them are: raw milk is not pasteurized or homogenized, pasteurization and the heat from it kills the natural probiotics and enzymes found in raw milk, and the homogenization, from what I read, changes the fat and protein molecules which cause them to not be digested the same as unadulterated milk (possibly why some people who can't drink commercial milk do well with raw milk). And, most farms that sell raw milk raise cows that produce A2 milk, which studies show people do better with (even though Peat doesn't seem to think so, he says it's a marketing ploy).

burtlancast

Also, why specifically 4 minutes?

Because that's about just enough for the excess fat to aggregate to the top and form a thin film, and not too long to destroy the rest of the goodness.

I also happen to prefer the taste of slightly boiled raw milk over the totally raw one.

OP
bluefish

bluefish

Are you currently drinking industrial milk and thinking about switching? Give it a try?
Are you not drinking milk at all? Give it a try?

It's full of unaltered nutrients.
I probably drink a little here and there... I’ve been eating Icecream every day recently ... and I read somewhere raw milk is very good for you. I mentioned this to a friend and they said that it has possibly too much estrogen in it. Idk.

again I was going to get goat milk... I thought that’s better for you than cows milk.

and yes I believe it’s grass fed and etc

Because that's about just enough for the excess fat to aggregate to the top and form a thin film, and not too long to destroy the rest of the goodness.

I also happen to prefer the taste of slightly boiled raw milk over the totally raw one.
Ah, okay. Thanks.

T

TheBeard

The advantages as I know them are: raw milk is not pasteurized or homogenized, pasteurization and the heat from it kills the natural probiotics and enzymes found in raw milk, and the homogenization, from what I read, changes the fat and protein molecules which cause them to not be digested the same as unadulterated milk (possibly why some people who can't drink commercial milk do well with raw milk). And, most farms that sell raw milk raise cows that produce A2 milk, which studies show people do better with (even though Peat doesn't seem to think so, he says it's a marketing ploy).

What do you mean by "do better with"?

As someone who has been drinking raw milk from A2 pastured organic cows, it gives me even more bloating and diarrhea than commercial milk

baccheion

As someone who has been drinking raw milk from A2 pastured organic cows, it gives me even more bloating and diarrhea than commercial milk
How much do you drink? Do you skim the fat? Do you drink it at body temperature? As a meal by itself?

Dave Clark

Not my words, per se, I read this in a study of people who had some sort of bowel issues, IBS, etc. a few years ago. I don't have the study saved, maybe I can locate it. Remember what Peat said, that someone can have a sensitivity to something in milk based on what the cow ate, and in the last Timpone interview he talks about how some people have to look long and hard to find a milk that doesn't negatively affect them. It is possible that the raw milk you are drinking has 'this' issue, and may have nothing to do with whether it is raw or not. Every study I have seen shows that people get a better response from raw milk, probably because raw milk has the enzymes and probiotics in it to help digestion. But...in your case maybe not, we're all different.

Summer

One thing I can say for sure is that raw milk tastes insanely good.

Evgenij

I get constipated from our raw milk. I think it is the A1 proteins, because it is known that A1 has a longer residence time in the intestine. I have now switched to pasteurised organic hay milk (not homogenised) and the constipation has disappeared. It is a pity, because the raw milk tastes very good to me and it is also cheap.

T

TheBeard

Not my words, per se, I read this in a study of people who had some sort of bowel issues, IBS, etc. a few years ago. I don't have the study saved, maybe I can locate it. Remember what Peat said, that someone can have a sensitivity to something in milk based on what the cow ate, and in the last Timpone interview he talks about how some people have to look long and hard to find a milk that doesn't negatively affect them. It is possible that the raw milk you are drinking has 'this' issue, and may have nothing to do with whether it is raw or not. Every study I have seen shows that people get a better response from raw milk, probably because raw milk has the enzymes and probiotics in it to help digestion. But...in your case maybe not, we're all different.

I tried 3 different raw milks in 3 different countries, goat and cow, always had the same reaction.

I get constipated from our raw milk. I think it is the A1 proteins, because it is known that A1 has a longer residence time in the intestine. I have now switched to pasteurised organic hay milk (not homogenised) and the constipation has disappeared. It is a pity, because the raw milk tastes very good to me and it is also cheap.

how do you find this milk?

Dave Clark

I tried 3 different raw milks in 3 different countries, goat and cow, always had the same reaction.
I suppose there must be an enzyme or bacteria intrinsic in raw milk that your body doesn't react well to, and in that case a non-raw milk may be all that you can tolerate when it comes to milk. I am sure you have seen this, but here is more info on raw milk:
Real Raw Milk Facts | A Raw Milk Information Clearinghouse

Evgenij

how do you find this milk?
The milk is available in our German supermarkets EDEKA. These are the farmers: The largest organic pasture milk farm in the Black Forest. Do you not have hay milk in the US supermarkets?

For me it is important that I do not get any digestive problems and the double price is worth it to me. In few weeks I will see how my general condition will be. But I would prefer to drink good raw milk. I have read a lot about it and it is incredible what healing potential it contains.
I am sure you have seen this, but here is more info on raw milk:
Real Raw Milk Facts | A Raw Milk Information Clearinghouse
Other (better) websites:
Raw Milk Facts...The Raw Milk Information Guide You Can Trust!
THE FACTS ABOUT REAL RAW MILK