Raw milk ice cream or Organic IC without Soy Lecithin

TMoney

do either of these exist? I've searched far and wide....nothing.

And no, I don't want to make it myself.

mt_dreams

where do you live?
It's illegal to sell raw milk for human consumption in the US, so you will not find any company using raw milk. As for organic without soy, any health food store like whole foods should carry at least one organic brand, though it will probably contain at least one type of gum.

mbarvian

I seriously doubt raw milk ice cream would be available in the States, but I haven't had much issue finding brands without additives (not sure about organic though).

OP
T

TMoney

mt_dreams said:
where do you live?
It's illegal to sell raw milk for human consumption in the US, so you will not find any company using raw milk. As for organic without soy, any health food store like whole foods should carry at least one organic brand, though it will probably contain at least one type of gum.

not strictly true. I'm in Southern CA, and the Organic Pastures brand that sells only raw dairy products is now in about half the health food stores. I'm sure there are other companies on the way. None of them, however, sell an ice-cream product.

Again, i've searched online and at every health food store in the county -- there isn't a single brand that doesn't include Soy Lecithin in their product, and only a couple leave out the Xanthan Gum.

Is soy lecithin not really that bad?