Raw milk for mood, bowel motility, and more!

OccamzRazer

Up until the last few months, I hadn't really drank milk since I was a kid.

After getting reacquainted with Dr. Peat's work, I decided to really up my milk consumption. But it gave me too much gas, inflammation, etc.

Eventually I found a good source of raw milk and have been drinking about 1/3 gallon a day, most of it mixed with coffee.

It's been awesome!!!

For the first time in my life, I've been having 3 regular bowel movements per day (one after each meal). Sorry if that's TMI, but the feeling created by having a clean, moving digestive tract has been pretty great.

I'm also consistently happier than I've probably ever been. My brain feels energetic, nourished. Sometimes the coffee + raw milk combo makes me feel legitimately euphoric, so much so that I'm afraid I'm going to come down and crash or something. But so far that hasn't really happened.

Anyways...if you struggle with conventional milk, this could be a possibility!

OP
OccamzRazer

OccamzRazer

Since beginning to drink the milk, I sometimes also hear beautiful, otherworldly music as I'm going to sleep. This hasn't happened in a while.

OP
OccamzRazer

OccamzRazer

Nice, what's the rest of your diet like?
Trying (and really struggling) to eat 5000 calories a day. Kind of a higher fat, more carnivorous version of the standard Peat diet.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210505-211920.png
    Screenshot_20210505-211920.png
    64.5 KB · Views: 162
Thanks man!

The first night after drinking raw milk was most pronounced. The music was immersive, it felt like my brain was truly nourished!
That is my miracle food too OccamzRazer! We have been drinking the grass fed raw milk for several years now and what a difference! I use to throw up often with regular milk and thought I was just lactose intolerant so I gave it up for 20 years. After reading that most people AREN'T lactose intolerant, but rather the milk is lacking the enzyme needed to digest it, as it is killed in the pasteurization process. It made sense since I thrived as a teen on our neighbor's "fresh squeezed" milk that had a 2-inch layer of cream on the top, oh my good goodness!

Uselis

Glad for you man ☺ Feeling well is what we all deserved!

Personally I tried at least 10 different local farmer's raw milk. I even cycled daily about 20km to get goats milk. All tastes amazing but without exception all makes me feel worse. Cheap store bought milk tastes not so good but makes me feel ok.

OP
OccamzRazer

OccamzRazer

That is my miracle food too OccamzRazer! We have been drinking the grass fed raw milk for several years now and what a difference! I use to throw up often with regular milk and thought I was just lactose intolerant so I gave it up for 20 years. After reading that most people AREN'T lactose intolerant, but rather the milk is lacking the enzyme needed to digest it, as it is killed in the pasteurization process. It made sense since I thrived as a teen on our neighbor's "fresh squeezed" milk that had a 2-inch layer of cream on the top, oh my good goodness!
You too, awesome! Yeah, the difference between raw and pasteurized is marked...it must be the enzymes.

Sometimes I imagine a better world where foods like raw milk were readily available to all. Every kid and teenager should be drinking the stuff to ensure optimal development! And us adults too.

OP
OccamzRazer

OccamzRazer

Glad for you man ☺ Feeling well is what we all deserved!

Personally I tried at least 10 different local farmer's raw milk. I even cycled daily about 20km to get goats milk. All tastes amazing but without exception all makes me feel worse. Cheap store bought milk tastes not so good but makes me feel ok.
Hey, thanks so much!

Well that is interesting. Cycling 20k - I admire the dedication lol! Have you tried A2A milk from the grocery store?

Hey, thanks so much!

Well that is interesting. Cycling 20k - I admire the dedication lol! Have you tried A2A milk from the grocery store?
I use grass fed Alexandre A2 in my coffee, cause it is richer. The much higher fat content, with whole raw, 8 grams and 14 grams of fat for A2, would get me fat fast drinking the A2. I have not drank it by the glassful, but it doesn't feel bloating like regular pasteurized milk.

skuabird

I hadn't had milk since I was a teenager because I thought it was the cause of my arthritis (I now think it's more likely always been starch causing flare ups). But I too found a source of raw grassfed A2 and although I had some strange inflammation in my salivary glands and initial lactose intolerance, I can now drink it with no problems. Not only raw, but any store-bought too (although it doesn't feel as good for me).

I hadn't had milk since I was a teenager because I thought it was the cause of my arthritis (I now think it's more likely always been starch causing flare ups). But I too found a source of raw grassfed A2 and although I had some strange inflammation in my salivary glands and initial lactose intolerance, I can now drink it with no problems. Not only raw, but any store-bought too (although it doesn't feel as good for me).
What is your raw A2 milk brand? This is my raw, but it is not A2

T

TheBeard

Up until the last few months, I hadn't really drank milk since I was a kid.

After getting reacquainted with Dr. Peat's work, I decided to really up my milk consumption. But it gave me too much gas, inflammation, etc.

Eventually I found a good source of raw milk and have been drinking about 1/3 gallon a day, most of it mixed with coffee.

It's been awesome!!!

For the first time in my life, I've been having 3 regular bowel movements per day (one after each meal). Sorry if that's TMI, but the feeling created by having a clean, moving digestive tract has been pretty great.

I'm also consistently happier than I've probably ever been. My brain feels energetic, nourished. Sometimes the coffee + raw milk combo makes me feel legitimately euphoric, so much so that I'm afraid I'm going to come down and crash or something. But so far that hasn't really happened.

Anyways...if you struggle with conventional milk, this could be a possibility!

Explosive diarrhea?

Milk-only diet or you eat other stuff?
I am tending to agree with that, only from experience. When I was younger I lived on whole milk and was always thin, but strong. The more food variables I add to my day the more bloating milk makes me. Cheese is more forgiving.

I am tending to agree with that, only from experience. When I was younger I lived on whole milk and was always thin, but strong. The more food variables I add to my day the more bloating milk makes me. Cheese is more forgiving.
I drank a lot of raw whole milk yesterday with lettle else and felt great!

OP
OccamzRazer

OccamzRazer

I drank a lot of raw whole milk yesterday with lettle else and felt great!
Nice. It really is one of the most complete foods.

For some reason my body does way better with raw milk than with raw cheese. The cheese can be tiring.

Nice. It really is one of the most complete foods.

For some reason my body does way better with raw milk than with raw cheese. The cheese can be tiring.
I haven't noticed a big difference between raw cheddar or grass fed mozzarella, but I agree it it doesn't give that satisfied feeling that raw grass fed whole milk does. Once I drink a big glass of it another calls to me shortly after! Yesterday I couldn't stop!

skuabird

What is your raw A2 milk brand? This is my raw, but it is not A2

I order from sweet land farm. They serve western Virginia: Sweet Land Farm