Raw milk for mood, bowel motility, and more!

Nomane Euger

I would do the same if I could find raw milk every day.
Stores in my city only have them on Wednesdays and Fridays though, and even when I buy a gallon at a time it only lasts me for 2 days max.
Raw milk still give me the runs even after 2 years averaging 2 gallons a week.
Antibiotics don't do anything, still massive diarrhea on raw milk (I've tried 4 different raw milks by the way, all A2 organic grass-fed, still give me diarrhea).
hi,me too same diarrhea from raw milk."micro filtered"milk,wich they claimed to to pasteurised only the cream,and to remove 99% of the micro organismes of the other part of the milk through filtering,no heating,do not give me diarrhea,stools goes quick and dry.,it also fixed the hard constipation i suffered everytime i ate cheese even in small amounts,i can eat 400 grammes of cheese with no negative impact now.you mentionned that raw milk make your skin more glowy and your muscles fuller,do you get these benefits despit getting diarrhea?

Matestube

hi,me too same diarrhea from raw milk."micro filtered"milk,wich they claimed to to pasteurised only the cream,and to remove 99% of the micro organismes of the other part of the milk through filtering,no heating,do not give me diarrhea,stools goes quick and dry.,it also fixed the hard constipation i suffered everytime i ate cheese even in small amounts,i can eat 400 grammes of cheese with no negative impact now.you mentionned that raw milk make your skin more glowy and your muscles fuller,do you get these benefits despit getting diarrhea?
Yes that's the crazy part: raw milk makes me feel amazing aside from the diarrhea. It feels very anabolic and androgenic.
I sometimes drink the microfiltered milk you talk about, I digest it well, but it doesn't seem to make me as vibrant as raw milk.

Nomane Euger

Yes that's the crazy part: raw milk makes me feel amazing aside from the diarrhea. It feels very anabolic and androgenic.
I sometimes drink the microfiltered milk you talk about, I digest it well, but it doesn't seem to make me as vibrant as raw milk.
i feel the same with raw milk,specifically after i purged the diarrhea,thats when i feel the best from it,weird ***t

FoodForeal

@FoodForeal, it's interesting how the different fruits react to fermentation. May I ask, have you noticed any benefit to consuming your milk as kefir versus just straight up raw? I've been culturing some of my milk with heirloom mesophilic cultures, but haven't noticed any additonal benefits. I just enjoy its pudding-like consistency.
When I first drank homemade raw kefir I had a sense of euphoria which I've come to believe was from serotonin release by bacterial die off in my gut as my gut was colonized by the kefir culture. It never occurred again after that first time. Not sure if this was beneficial or not, but it probably helps me digest milk and milk products better than before I would think. I tend to think that because the kefir is using up some of the nutrients of the milk that it is reducing what nutrition is available for me, but I think they may be turning the nutrients into a form that is better. It makes the kefir acidic and it makes it pleasantly bubbly if you keep the fermentation vessel sealed for pressurization/carbonation.

Maybe it's not more nutritious but it could be a useful form of milk in some cases. The kefir culture depletes the sugar which I think helps if straight raw milk makes you feel bloated because of feeding gut bacteria, but like I said kefir helps your digestion of raw milk itself because of the colonization of your gut by the kefir culture. It at least provides variety so that you aren't drinking only raw milk, which can be positive psychologically at least. I feel that raw kefir and second fermented raw kefir are very similar in health to raw milk. I've come to prefer raw kefir and second fermented kefir, although I haven't had much extra raw milk to drink since I'm constantly making raw kefir. The people who originated kefir grains would drink solely kefir if I remember correctly. Caucasian steppe nomads that milked their goats and kept it in a big leather bag with kefir grains that they would mix by hitting when they walked in and out of the tent. They have long lifespans. If I get more raw milk per week I will be better able to compare the two and start making other homemade raw milk products like cheese, ice cream, yogurt, cream, etc.

@Matestube @Nomane Euger I would suggest making some raw kefir to see if it makes it easier for you to digest raw milk and raw milk products.

Matestube

When I first drank homemade raw kefir I had a sense of euphoria which I've come to believe was from serotonin release by bacterial die off in my gut as my gut was colonized by the kefir culture. It never occurred again after that first time. Not sure if this was beneficial or not, but it probably helps me digest milk and milk products better than before I would think. I tend to think that because the kefir is using up some of the nutrients of the milk that it is reducing what nutrition is available for me, but I think they may be turning the nutrients into a form that is better. It makes the kefir acidic and it makes it pleasantly bubbly if you keep the fermentation vessel sealed for pressurization/carbonation.

Maybe it's not more nutritious but it could be a useful form of milk in some cases. The kefir culture depletes the sugar which I think helps if straight raw milk makes you feel bloated because of feeding gut bacteria, but like I said kefir helps your digestion of raw milk itself because of the colonization of your gut by the kefir culture. It at least provides variety so that you aren't drinking only raw milk, which can be positive psychologically at least. I feel that raw kefir and second fermented raw kefir are very similar in health to raw milk. I've come to prefer raw kefir and second fermented kefir, although I haven't had much extra raw milk to drink since I'm constantly making raw kefir. The people who originated kefir grains would drink solely kefir if I remember correctly. Caucasian steppe nomads that milked their goats and kept it in a big leather bag with kefir grains that they would mix by hitting when they walked in and out of the tent. They have long lifespans. If I get more raw milk per week I will be better able to compare the two and start making other homemade raw milk products like cheese, ice cream, yogurt, cream, etc.

@Matestube @Nomane Euger I would suggest making some raw kefir to see if it makes it easier for you to digest raw milk and raw milk products.
Made plenty of raw milk kefir.
Sometimes just by curdling the raw milk on its own for days, sometimes by adding kefir culture.
Same diarrhea, same bloating, with an additional headache.
It makes me feel worse than fresh raw milk.
I also tried kefir as an enema to colonize my gut with bacteria, didn't make me feel good at all.

FoodForeal

Made plenty of raw milk kefir.
Sometimes just by curdling the raw milk on its own for days, sometimes by adding kefir culture.
Same diarrhea, same bloating, with an additional headache.
It makes me feel worse than fresh raw milk.
I also tried kefir as an enema to colonize my gut with bacteria, didn't make me feel good at all.
Wow your gut must be really f-ed up to react so negatively to raw milk and kefir. I don't know how it would be possible to reconstruct a healthy gut microbiome in your case except with a fecal transplant or something like that. It sounds like there's just too many missing strains of bacteria.

Matestube

Wow your gut must be really f-ed up to react so negatively to raw milk and kefir. I don't know how it would be possible to reconstruct a healthy gut microbiome in your case except with a fecal transplant or something like that. It sounds like there's just too many missing strains of bacteria.
10 fecal transplants didn't work either.

Yes my gut is ****88 up and bloated, but I read plenty of people having digestive issues with raw milk, it's not that odd.

Jennifer

Thank you for your detailed response. Very interesting. I used to make kefir when I first got into raw dairy and culturing back in 2010 but at the time, I unknowingly had SIBO that was exacerbated by cultured food so I appreciate hearing your experience with kefir since I can’t really go by mine. Thanks again!

OP
OccamzRazer

OccamzRazer

The raw milk and raw egg yolks combo seems to have given me more strength (there could be confounding variables, of course, but it sure seems like it). I can now do muscle-ups!

aniciete

Where do you buy your kefir grains?