Raw Fruits/Raw Vegetables Eaten FIRST For Efficient Digestion?

DMF

Does consuming a fair amount of raw vegetables and/or fruit 1st in order before the rest of a meal have a way of "jump starting' the digestive process - making it more efficient?
I'll down a whole bushel of grapes or an apple,grapefruit at lunch time before my sandwich, or, at dinner, carrots/celery, cabbage, red/green peppers before first, then the main course.
My number 2's are more compact. I hear the French do the reverse.

miki14

Eating something sweet before or with starches increases intestinal amylase production and makes glucose from starch more available. Some fruits like papaya, pineapple, kiwi and fresh figs contain protolytic (protein digesting) enzymes like papain, bromelain etc. digesting animal protein. Ripe bananas has some amylase but lots of starch too. Honey has small amounts of sucrase, amylase and other enzymes.

dabdabdab

Eating something sweet before or with starches increases intestinal amylase production and makes glucose from starch more available. Some fruits like papaya, pineapple, kiwi and fresh figs contain protolytic (protein digesting) enzymes like papain, bromelain etc. digesting animal protein. Ripe bananas has some amylase but lots of starch too. Honey has small amounts of sucrase, amylase and other enzymes.
wow, amazing information, thank you for sharing it.
so eating sugary deserts before starch, makes it much more digestible and less inflammatory and less obesity causing.
it also fights constipation and destroys bloating, this has been my experience with that method, now I know why it had that effect on me. .

Jam

My parents taught me to always finish off a meal, which in the traditional cuisine normally contains plenty of starch, with fruit. There is a good reason for doing so. I doubt it makes much of a difference if the fruit is eaten immediately before or after the main meal, the important thing is that they reach the small intestine at roughly the same time.

dabdabdab

My parents taught me to always finish off a meal, which in the traditional cuisine normally contains plenty of starch, with fruit. There is a good reason for doing so. I doubt it makes much of a difference if the fruit is eaten immediately before or after the main meal, the important thing is that they reach the small intestine at roughly the same time.
I don't eat fruits because I don't like them, but I drank hot water sweatened with sugar before and after heavy starch meals. it made a whole world of difference in digestion and bloating and weight gain and satisfaction over a longer period of time throughout the day.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals