Raw Carrot Olive Oil And Vinegar Killing My Gut

Cameron

Any one experience this it's very uncomfortable almost giving me flu symptoms should I do less carrot

Elephanto

Undiluted vinegar can be pretty harsh, I always drink a decent glass of water right after a sip of ACV and it seems to make it more tolerable. Even olive oil is a bit irritating (notice how it feels in the throat when swallowed). The carrot seems to be the least offensive element of this recipe.

jitsmonkey

a. Olive oil is frequently cut with pufa and not labeled
b. Olive oil especially high quality oil is often harsh on my gut
I don't ever use olive oil for anything at this point

if something is making you feel bad you should stop, your own experience is more valuable than anything else. raw carrot is recommended here to help the gut and facilitate bowel movement, in my experience it was absolutely horrendous. beans are trashed here but well-boiled black beans are heaven for my gut motility. tldr; trust your own experience.

Aspekt

You don't actually need the vinegar, it's just an additional help if it's well tolerated. Personally I get stomach pain from it, so my carrot salad is just shredded carrot (well rinsed of the excess carotene), olive oil and salt.

OP
Cameron

Cameron

if something is making you feel bad you should stop, your own experience is more valuable than anything else. raw carrot is recommended here to help the gut and facilitate bowel movement, in my experience it was absolutely horrendous. beans are trashed here but well-boiled black beans are heaven for my gut motility. tldr; trust your own experience.
I totally agree and even when I ate beans I never had issues with them even though they may be estrogenic I digested them well

OP
Cameron

Cameron

My diet is mostly steak eggs raw milk fruit coffee white rice gelatin but even when I cheat aka Chipotle sushi a pufa soaked burger hole in the wall greek food "cheating is rare but happens" I seem to deal with that way better then a damn carrot lol maybe it's other factors but seems to be something I was excited about but went pretty badly btw also noticed headache Wich never happens

OP
Cameron

Cameron

Any other good digestive aid opinions? For liver and gut health I eat lots of gelatin

I do the carrot salad with only grated carrot, salt, and coconut oil, and find that easy to digest. So it could be a vinegar or olive oil thing?
Another option Peat mentions is boiled mushrooms. I found those to be helpful for digestion as well.

lvysaur

Carrot is antibacterial, killing bacteria leads to transient reactions from bacteria.

Your diet also looks low fiber

abruzzi

Any one experience this it's very uncomfortable almost giving me flu symptoms should I do less carrot

White type of vinegar do you use? I'm not an expert, but I only use ACV if I am mixing it in water with maybe some lemon juice.

I like either red or white wine vinegar. I have no idea if they are less acidic than ACV, but it might be worth trying out white wine vinegar or maybe even a balsamic, since it has sweetness.

OP
Cameron

Cameron

Carrot is antibacterial, killing bacteria leads to transient reactions from bacteria.

Your diet also looks low fiber
Haven't found a good fiber source other than a little fruit with skin maybe bamboo shoots I may consider buckwheat again or sorghum

OP
Cameron

Cameron

White type of vinegar do you use? I'm not an expert, but I only use ACV if I am mixing it in water with maybe some lemon juice.

I like either red or white wine vinegar. I have no idea if they are less acidic than ACV, but it might be worth trying out white wine vinegar or maybe even a balsamic, since it has sweetness.
I used balsamic vinegar

Birdie

We use a little bit of lime or lemon juice in place of vinegar. Then maybe a half teaspoon of olive oil. Then, the salt.
Tried coconut oil but it hardened with the cold carrots.
For flavor we add raisins or sometimes a little cheese. Sometimes I add a little sugar.

Our carrot salad is very small too. I think a big carrot salad would overpower my intestines.

mostlylurking

I always rinse the grated carrots to remove the beta carotene as it makes me feel awful. I don't like really cold carrots so I put 1 teas. apple cider vinegar, pinch of salt big blat of honey and about 3/4 teas coconut oil in a bowl and zap it in the microwave for 30 seconds. It comes out hot. Then I put cold grated carrots on top and mash/stir well. Seems to work out very well. The carrots aren't ice cold and the coconut oil is well dispersed throughout. Sometimes I put in chopped candied ginger or feta cheese.

Birdie

I always rinse the grated carrots to remove the beta carotene as it makes me feel awful. I don't like really cold carrots so I put 1 teas. apple cider vinegar, pinch of salt big blat of honey and about 3/4 teas coconut oil in a bowl and zap it in the microwave for 30 seconds. It comes out hot. Then I put cold grated carrots on top and mash/stir well. Seems to work out very well. The carrots aren't ice cold and the coconut oil is well dispersed throughout. Sometimes I put in chopped candied ginger or feta cheese.
Yes, when I use orange carrots, I must rinse them too. Even so, the beta carotene builds up in my body.
Dr. Peat has said to rinse the carrots and to check your callouses and if they get orange, you are building up beta carotene.

I get a carrot mix that has some white ones when this is available. The white carrots have a milder taste too.

The mushroom alternative might work @Cameron. Might be gentler for you.
I would try that or a smaller carrot salad. You could start very small, and slowly increase as you adjust to it.

Dawid

In Poland it is common practice to eat boiled carrot for gut problems - not raw - and it is highly recommended by doctors. Raw carrot always gives me migraines, dry and flaky skin on my face and overall fatigue.

Birdie

In Poland it is common practice to eat boiled carrot for gut problems - not raw - and it is highly recommended by doctors. Raw carrot always gives me migraines, dry and flaky skin on my face and overall fatigue.
The Carrot Salad isn't common practice anywhere (except here) as far as I know. It has to be raw if you want to get the benefits Ray talks about. As far as bad reactions to it, sometimes it's because the salad is too large. If you don't do well even with a small salad, then there are substitutes. The cooked button mushroom is one I'd look into. I didn't like the bamboo shoots but that's another one.

My husband loves boiled carrots for a vegetable, but I avoid them because of the beta carotene buildup.

Dawid

The Carrot Salad isn't common practice anywhere (except here) as far as I know. It has to be raw if you want to get the benefits Ray talks about. As far as bad reactions to it, sometimes it's because the salad is too large. If you don't do well even with a small salad, then there are substitutes. The cooked button mushroom is one I'd look into. I didn't like the bamboo shoots but that's another one.

My husband loves boiled carrots for a vegetable, but I avoid them because of the beta carotene buildup.
As far as I know Ray recommends raw carrot only because of carotene issues. If cooking was a problem then he would not recommend cooked bamboo shoots I think.