Raw Animal Product Diet

RisingSun

I’ve been reading extensively about Aajonus Vonderplanitz for the past week, and pondering the diet he followed and recommended.

Raw milk, raw eggs, raw muscle meat, raw organs.

I tend to judge of a diet by the physical athleticity and brain function of its followers.

That’s why I will never be a vegan, because the average vegan / fruitarian phenotype doesn’t look right.

On the other hand, all of the tenants of the « raw animal products » have very athletic physiques, which they mostly gained after starting the diet (before and after pictures), and seem very down to earth and logical.

Now past these shallow observations, is there any logical benefits to this diet? Drawbacks?

You apparently get all the nutrients and fats you need

Cameron

I think raw meat is great especially for inflammation. Seems also easy and in my mind always wondered why something so nutrient dense why we blast with heat. There's debate about protein bioavailability but I do like the easy preparation of raw meat. Raw milk and raw eggs I've been doing for years and has done so much to improve my health i tried grass fed local raw marrow and raw liver a few times and was sick for a week

Cameron

Vonderplanitz has some interesting ideas and some interesting past life experiences. Certainly fresh high quality meat is safe raw. problem for most is finding true quality fresh trim raw meat. I think the problem with primal diet is most include keto I'm sure raw meat with adequate carb intake may be very natural and healthy raw muscle organ meat raw eggs fruit raw honey carrot raw milk cooked greens cooked potatoes if need

Fractality

Peat said the fresher the meat the better because glycogen stores are still in intact. Perhaps that helps balance the protein? I've dabbled with raw milk but I got really bad stomachache and diarrhea last time so haven't felt inclined to try again. I would consider a true local source though over the kind in specialty grocers.

OP
R

RisingSun

I think raw meat is great especially for inflammation. Seems also easy and in my mind always wondered why something so nutrient dense why we blast with heat. There's debate about protein bioavailability but I do like the easy preparation of raw meat. Raw milk and raw eggs I've been doing for years and has done so much to improve my health i tried grass fed local raw marrow and raw liver a few times and was sick for a week

What's your opinion on raw egg-white's avidin preventing biotin absorption? Does that theory hold any ground?

Could eating 3 raw eggs a day lead to biotin deficiency in the long run without biotin supplementation?

Cameron

What's your opinion on raw egg-white's avidin preventing biotin absorption? Does that theory hold any ground?

Could eating 3 raw eggs a day lead to biotin deficiency in the long run without biotin supplementation?
Avidin is true but egg is so high in biotin you end up with more biotin intake still in the long run I'll find studies I've seen all supporting that. Also you could eat the yolk raw"all the fat saluables nutrients" and cook the white lightly were the avidin is to denature it but really avidin is not an issue for the nutrient punch a raw egg packs. Cooking eggs can denature cholesterol PS and fat solubles. Biotin deficiency is unlikely with a high quality diet

Cameron

There's more biotin in the whole egg than can be bound by the avidin, according to the following outline:

Avidin: 180 μg per egg; molecular weight is 66–69 kDa, let's say 66 kDa. One molecule can bind 4 biotin molecules.

Biotin: Up to 25 μg per large egg, let's say 10 μg to be conservative; molecular weight is 244.31 Da.

The fraction of biotin that can be bound by avidin is

(4 * 180 / 66000) / (10 / 244.31) = 27%.

This means that the majority of biotin remains freely available and that the whole raw egg is a good net source of biotin.

Cameron

As time goes on I do believe raw animal products are better while plants are only acceptable if at all cooked. Which most people would believe would be the other way around

OP
R

RisingSun

As time goes on I do believe raw animal products are better while plants are only acceptable if at all cooked. Which most people would believe would be the other way around

Yes, my intuition tells me just as much.

I am still very cautious about taking a jump to raw meat and raw eggs.

Raw eggs I think I will try no issue, as I can purchase organic free range from New Zealand.

But meat...it's another ballpark to find a safe one

TeaRex14

I've always been a huge skeptic and critical of Aajonus Vonderplanitz. Besides the diet, which isn't even the main issue as far as I'm concerned, he's said some really wacky things before. He has claimed the CIA kidnapped him once and injected him with H1N1 virus because he was spreading anti-vaccination ideas. That wasn't the only time either, he's claimed the government has poisoned him on several different occasions. BTW, I'm not saying the government doesn't kill people. What I am saying is they would have no interest in this guy, and even if they did, they wouldn't fail at killing him on that many occasions. There's also Youtube videos of people setting up a "shrine" (lack for a better term) and basically worshiping the guy, lol. Like this one, personally when I put all these factors together I can't help but come to the conclusion the guy was running a cult. All of this is irrelevant to the diet though. Weston Price noted the importance of eating some small portion of raw food. Ray Peat has even stated there's no "nutritional advantage" to cooking your foods. The main issues with the raw foodists is their desperation to believe pseudo science and questionable gurus over sound facts. It's like, if Vonderplanitz wasn't enough, now the raw meat community has sv3rige, lol. Who's definitely running a cult and calls people mentally ill who don't agree with him. One of the first things you learn about in psyche class is mentally ill people think they're the only sane ones, lmao. But I digress, point is I question the messengers not the message. There's nutritional benefits to consuming raw foods, but the trade off is less bio available calories and always the chance of bacterial contamination.

Cameron

I've always been a huge skeptic and critical of Aajonus Vonderplanitz. Besides the diet, which isn't even the main issue as far as I'm concerned, he's said some really wacky things before. He has claimed the CIA kidnapped him once and injected him with H1N1 virus because he was spreading anti-vaccination ideas. That wasn't the only time either, he's claimed the government has poisoned him on several different occasions. BTW, I'm not saying the government doesn't kill people. What I am saying is they would have no interest in this guy, and even if they did, they wouldn't fail at killing him on that many occasions. There's also Youtube videos of people setting up a "shrine" (lack for a better term) and basically worshiping the guy, lol. Like this one, personally when I put all these factors together I can't help but come to the conclusion the guy was running a cult. All of this is irrelevant to the diet though. Weston Price noted the importance of eating some small portion of raw food. Ray Peat has even stated there's no "nutritional advantage" to cooking your foods. The main issues with the raw foodists is their desperation to believe pseudo science and questionable gurus over sound facts. It's like, if Vonderplanitz wasn't enough, now the raw meat community has sv3rige, lol. Who's definitely running a cult and calls people mentally ill who don't agree with him. One of the first things you learn about in psyche class is mentally ill people think they're the only sane ones, lmao. But I digress, point is I question the messengers not the message. There's nutritional benefits to consuming raw foods, but the trade off is less bio available calories and always the chance of bacterial contamination.
Yeah I didn't go into detail about vonderplanitz cause there could be 20 minutes of me typing about his odd stories that have never been proven like coyotes feeding him a rabbit after he tried to kill himself fasting. Just odd to say the least s3vinge is interesting to watch and overall the way of eating for nature makes complete sense cooking food has always seemed weird and I do crave meat raw more than cooked as it seems not only convient but also natural. I've tried raw liver marrow milk and eggs kept eggs and milk raw everyday but I did get sick from liver even with a good source maybe lemon juice could be enough to help with that

Cameron

I think adding Ray ideas to a raw fresh meat diet while keeping carbs high could be great to meet calorie and nutrient needs sort of a primal meets peat using nature and more fine tuned science and modern accessibility

Glassy

Vonderplanitz comes across as a bit of nut.

My take is that he came to some strange conclusions based on his experiences. It looks like he had a rough childhood which would have given him plenty of issues.

I’m not sure I buy the high value of raw eggs. Isn’t the fat high in PUFA?

RobertJM

The footage I saw of Vonderplanitz was of him deliberately ensuring that raw food would go out of date and go off because that’s what actually resulted in him getting better health.

Whether that was his actual approach I’m not so sure.

Very weird stuff.

Last edited:

Glassy

I’m thinking the guy had some serious digestive issues in that he could only tolerate raw meat, milk, eggs and fruit. Sv3ridge seems to have taken a similar path due to similar sensitivities. He says that he can’t feel raw meat sitting in his stomach while he can feel cooked meat.

jzeno

Fun interview of him on the Doctors

--

He says he eats raw fruit and the juice of vegetables. So, I mean it's basically RP + Gerson, just balanced very differently. He probably goes overboard with salt, I would think, but everything is still fresh and raw and alive--generally approved by all 3.

Biggest differences is the amount eaten of each food type (protein, carb, fat). He probably eats a lot of sat. fats, too, which Peat approves (in moderation), but Gerson would not approve of I would think.

Cameron

I don't really believe cooking aids much benefit (nutritionaly) for animal products. raw milk raw eggs I've been doing for years I feel verry good eating raw meat however I do get sick Everytime I try raw meat usually just flu like symptoms for a couple days but still clearly I'm getting a parasite of some sort it has happened three times twice with raw liver once with raw steak

aussiebaldguy

Sv3ridge has some interesting videos of ex vegans telling their horror stories...he is a very good listener...I don't see the cult connection...looks like just a guy putting forth his view..not so strange on the internet.

RobertJM

Sv3ridge has some interesting videos of ex vegans telling their horror stories...he is a very good listener...I don't see the cult connection...looks like just a guy putting forth his view..not so strange on the internet.

He constantly refers to people that don’t follow what he’s doing as ‘retarded’. He does that over and over again in his videos. I only noticed it because I found it quite insulting (as a viewer). You can just imagine actually meeting that jerk (and his ‘friends’), and if you eat differently to them they are going to look down at you, and block you from their ‘clique’.

The cultish thing is about how he puts his videos across. The euphoric music, the visuals, him and his friends skipping through the woods with smiles on their faces, the scenery (pure and blissful). He probably does feel pure, blissful and ‘cleansed’. He probably has very, very low amounts of endotoxins to deal with.

He’s got amazing skin, and so have his friends (I can’t deny that). But his hair isn’t great (receding quite a lot). It will be interesting to see (assuming he sticks to the diet) how his hair progresses further.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals