Rate The Efficacy Of These Substances At Raising CO2

Ron J

Could be from research or personal use. Please give a 1-10/10 rating to each of the following:
-Aspirin:
-Niacinamide:
-Thiamine:
-Acetazolamide:
-Sugar:

yerrag

Depends on cause of CO2 being low.

If it's PUFA fatty acids in blood - fructose, aspirin, niacinamide, vitamin E.

If it's because you avoid sugar - increase sugar and carbohydrate consumption

If it's high lactic acid in blood - thiamine.

If it's due to hypothyroid - eating foods with thyroid such as chicken neck soup, or thyroid supplements together with progresterone and pregnenolone and dhea (proper dosing is important, though I don't know how to go about it), vitamin E, magnesium, vitamin A, and lowering estrogen levels - lowering endotoxins, avoiding radiations, using red light when subjected to radiation

If it's due to poor oxygenation of tissues - methylene blue, increasing retention of CO2 thru nose breathing and avoidance of mouth breathing, Buteyko methods, detox of mercury as mercury displaces the oxygen-carrying capacity of hemoglobin

If it's due to lack of enzymes in general - increase protein consumption, with emphasis on having more gelatin, and minimizing on tryptophan, methionine, and cysteine, and having adequate levels of taurine

If it's low glycogen stores - this causes the body to undergo stress at times when sugar levels go low and causes body to rely on fat metabolism and thus produce lactic acid instead of CO2. Make sure to have restful sleep ( milk, gelatin, GABA, sugar and fats the blend of which needs to be personalized to your context), taurine

There's really no hard and fast answer, as you need to look into the context of each person.

OP
R

Ron J

If it's due to hypothyroid - eating foods with thyroid such as chicken neck soup, or thyroid supplements together with progresterone and pregnenolone and dhea (proper dosing is important, though I don't know how to go about it), vitamin E, magnesium, vitamin A, and lowering estrogen levels - lowering endotoxins, avoiding radiations, using red light when subjected to radiation

If it's due to poor oxygenation of tissues - methylene blue, increasing retention of CO2 thru nose breathing and avoidance of mouth breathing, Buteyko methods, detox of mercury as mercury displaces the oxygen-carrying capacity of hemoglobin

If it's due to lack of enzymes in general - increase protein consumption, with emphasis on having more gelatin, and minimizing on tryptophan, methionine, and cysteine, and having adequate levels of taurine

If it's low glycogen stores - this causes the body to undergo stress at times when sugar levels go low and causes body to rely on fat metabolism and thus produce lactic acid instead of CO2. Make sure to have restful sleep ( milk, gelatin, GABA, sugar and fats the blend of which needs to be personalized to your context), taurine

There's really no hard and fast answer, as you need to look into the context of each person.
Great in depth response. Thank you.
Recently I've been considering the DIY CO2 system, to make carbonated beverages(orange juice). But I'm not sure if the increase is significant.

yerrag

Great in depth response. Thank you.
Recently I've been considering the DIY CO2 system, to make carbonated beverages(orange juice). But I'm not sure if the increase is significant.
I'm making one myself, and waiting for the used dual stage regulator I got from Ebay. However, I want to make magnesium bicarbonate with it, and the carbonation is a secondary benefit for me. Dissolved CO2 concentration is 10x that of O2, so that's a plus, but since dissolved gas concentration is dependent on temperature, a google search would give an idea of the dissolved CO2 concentration you're getting. With the carbacap in use, you're limited to 30 psi pressure from the CO2 tank. Any higher risks deforming the carbacap.

yerrag

The solubility of CO2 in water is .275 and .15 g/100ml, at 5 and 25 degrees C, respectively. Assuming 2 liters of water drank/day, that would amount to 5.5 and 3 g grams of CO2 drank as carbonated water daily, respectively.

I currently mix 1/4 tsp baking soda to 2 liters of water and drink this much per day. Weighed, this is about 1.2 grams. Baking soda NaHCO3, m.w. 84, and CO2 m.w. 44; this comes out to CO2 equivalent of 0.63 grams /day.

Drinking 2 liters of carbonated water at room temperature, at 25 degrees C, with CO2 ingested at 3 grams, would be considered significant then. It's still safer than taking the equivalent amount of baking soda, which would be 1.2 tsp or 4.8 grams of baking soda a day (dissolved in 2 liters of water) . CO2 can quickly be expelled by the lungs, while carbonic acid would take as long as 3 days to be excreted by the kidneys through urine. The chances of having an emergency situation due to respiratory acidosis from excess carbonic acid in the blood would be avoided.

My 2 cents.

OP
R

Ron J

The solubility of CO2 in water is .275 and .15 g/100ml, at 5 and 25 degrees C, respectively. Assuming 2 liters of water drank/day, that would amount to 5.5 and 3 g grams of CO2 drank as carbonated water daily, respectively.

I currently mix 1/4 tsp baking soda to 2 liters of water and drink this much per day. Weighed, this is about 1.2 grams. Baking soda NaHCO3, m.w. 84, and CO2 m.w. 44; this comes out to CO2 equivalent of 0.63 grams /day.

Drinking 2 liters of carbonated water at room temperature, at 25 degrees C, with CO2 ingested at 3 grams, would be considered significant then. It's still safer than taking the equivalent amount of baking soda, which would be 1.2 tsp or 4.8 grams of baking soda a day (dissolved in 2 liters of water) . CO2 can quickly be expelled by the lungs, while carbonic acid would take as long as 3 days to be excreted by the kidneys through urine. The chances of having an emergency situation due to respiratory acidosis from excess carbonic acid in the blood would be avoided.

My 2 cents.
Sounds good.
Baking soda would be easier, but I rather not risk getting milk-alkali syndrome.

OP
R

Ron J

One more thing @yerrag (if you don't mind): Any idea if sugar affects the CO2 that water can absorb? If I add 1.5 cups of sugar in the water that I plan to carbonate, will that decrease the amount absorbed?

yerrag

My 2 cents.
I should say bicarbonate instead of carbonic acid.

One more thing @yerrag (if you don't mind): Any idea if sugar affects the CO2 that water can absorb? If I add 1.5 cups of sugar in the water that I plan to carbonate, will that decrease the amount absorbed?
I don't really know but here's an answer I got at Quora:
https://www.quora.com/Food-Science-...by-the-amount-of-dissolved-sugars-in-a-liquid

Is mercury from armpit mercury-containing deodorants also bad? If so (and for your information, in my city it is really hard to find ones with no mercury), what is the most effective (against bad odour) alternatives? If you don't know, and you also use mercury-containing deodorant, you don't know what you are talking about, or you do not do what you tell us to do or act.

yerrag

Is mercury from armpit mercury-containing deodorants also bad? If so (and for your information, in my city it is really hard to find ones with no mercury), what is the most effective (against bad odour) alternatives? If you don't know, and you also use mercury-containing deodorant, you don't know what you are talking about, or you do not do what you tell us to do or act.
I can't help you.

yerrag

Thank you.
Sure Ron J. It would be nice to have a carbonaation system.

When I computed how much CO2 would be consumed for 1 hour of carbogen breathing, where CO2 is incorporated into air such that what is breathed in has CO2 at 5% of the oxygen component in air, it comes out to be around 3-5 of CO2 used:

Volume of breathe/min at rest = 5-8 lt/min; % fraction of oxygen in air= 21%; % fraction of CO2 in air = .04%;

CO2 used for 5% carbogen /hr =

[low] 5*60*.21*(.05) (1-(.04/21)) = 3.1 liters to [high] 8*60*.21*.05*(1-(.04/21)) = 5 liters

Density of CO2 = 1.98 kg/m3;

Wt. of CO2 used/hr = 6.2 - 10 g /hr

So, it seems to me that drinking 2 liters of carbonated water (saturated at 25C) is equivalent to 1 hour of carbogen breathing at rest (based on 5 lt/min volume breathing rate). Seems to me that it's an easier way to get your CO2, as you can drink it anytime you want throughout the day.

Btw, I had bought the discontinued carbogen breathing machine from co2islife, but now I realize that if carbonated water is a suitable replacement for it, I would not be needing it anymore. In the case of a person having difficulty drinking, the carbogen breathing machine would still be of good use.

Still, I really can't tell if ingesting CO2 thru carbonated water would have the same effect as breathing in CO2 using a carbogen breathing device and mask. Is the CO2 gas released in the digestive system going to be absorbed as easily in the blood stream, or will be involved in some reactions, such as in turning it into bicarbonate ions, or will some of it combine with ammonia and turn into urea, or something else? Still, carbonated water isn't new to us, as it's used in soda, and naturally carbonated mineral water is drank also regularly in some parts of the world. I'm not aware of side-effects to its use.

It would be interesting to observe its effects, noting down changes in how we feel, in terms of mood and energy, how well we sleep, as well as take readings of blood, pressure, pulse and temperature, before, during, and after. And blood tests as well such as blood bicarbonate. Also, breathing rate, control pause, etc.

Last edited:
OP
R

Ron J

When I computed how much CO2 would be consumed for 1 hour of carbogen breathing, where CO2 is incorporated into air such that what is breathed in has CO2 at 5% of the oxygen component in air, it comes out to be around 3-5 of CO2 used:

Volume of breathe/min at rest = 5-8 lt/min; % fraction of oxygen in air= 21%; % fraction of CO2 in air = .04%;

[low] 5*60*.21*(.05) (1-(.04/21)) = 3.1 liters to [high] 8*60*.21*.05*(1-(.04/21)) = 5 liters

So, it seems to me that drinking 2 liters of carbonated water (saturated at 25C) is equivalent to 1 hour of carbogen breathing at rest (based on 5 lt/min volume breathing rate). Seems to me that it's an easier way to get your CO2, as you can drink it anytime you want throughout the day.

Btw, I had bought the discontinued carbogen breathing machine from co2islife, but now I realize that if carbonated water is a suitable replacement for it, I would not be needing it anymore. In the case of a person having difficulty drinking, the carbogen breathing machine would still be of good use.

Still, I really can't tell if ingesting CO2 thru carbonated water would have the same effect as breathing in CO2 using a carbogen breathing device and mask. Is the CO2 gas released in the digestive system going to be absorbed as easily in the blood stream, or will be involved in some reactions, such as in turning it into bicarbonate ions, or will some of it combine with ammonia and turn into urea, or something else? Still, carbonated water isn't new to us, as it's used in soda, and naturally carbonated mineral water is drank also regularly in some parts of the world. I'm not aware of side-effects to its use.

It would be interesting to observe its effects, noting down changes in how we feel, in terms of mood and energy, how well we sleep, as well as take readings of blood, pressure, pulse and temperature, before, during, and after. And blood tests as well such as blood bicarbonate. Also, breathing rate, control pause, etc.
Currently I'm holding off on the carbonator because I'm still trying to figure out what my diet will be like later on. My current carb source(aside from lactose in milk) is 48 fl oz of orange juice and table sugar(1.5 cups); with it comes a lot of fructose, so NAFLD is something that concerns me.
edit: If I end up getting it, I will give an update. Thanks again.

aarfai

You simply put 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda into 2 liters of water to get this amount of CO2? And drink it throughout the day?

yerrag

You simply put 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda into 2 liters of water to get this amount of CO2? And drink it throughout the day?
That's why I do now, but it just comes out to being merely 0.63g of CO2 a day, as I earlier computed. But baking soda ingested would be in the form of bicarbonate, and I don't know how much more I could take in, as too much bicarbonates can easily lead to acidosis, and the kidneys excrete the bicarbonates, but only slowly. So in the form of bicarbonate, there is the danger of having too much that can't easily be corrected quickly. If the blood becomes too acidic, it could easily throw off the electrolyte balance and it can affect the heart. leading to arrhythmia and elevated heart rates. I just think that if one wants to increase CO2 intake, drinking carbonated water would be safer. If there is an excess of carbonic acid, it can easily and rapidly be expelled through the lungs.

If I'm wrong about this, someone please correct me on this.