Rate my diet

drop67

day 1 - 8 medium potatoes (1300 calories), 20g glycine powder (80 calories), 700 calories of any meat - lamb, beef, pork or chicken (1 a week) + calcium 1000mg, b complex, zinc 20mg, vitamin d 4000 iu, vitamin k2 idealabs 1 drop

total cals for day 1 - 2080 calories

day 2 - 5 cups white rice (1030 calories), 20g glycine powder (80 calories), 600 calories of any meat - lamb, beef, pork or chicken (1 a week), 1 quart of orange juice (400 calories) + calcium 1000mg, b complex, zinc 20mg, vitamin d 4000 iu, vitamin k2 idealabs 1 drop, magnesium 200mg

total cals for day 2 - 2110 calories
I basically repeat this

I am 176cm male and weigh 65kg and am mostly sedentary

any thoughts? what could I improve?

peter88

-Drop the pork/chicken
-Get calcium/phosphorus to a 1:1
-Less rice and more sugar from fruit/honey/maple syurp
-Up your calories to at least 3000
-Eat oysters instead of zinc supplement

DonLore

-Drop the pork/chicken
-Get calcium/phosphorus to a 1:1
-Less rice and more sugar from fruit/honey/maple syurp
-Up your calories to at least 3000
-Eat oysters instead of zinc supplement
These are good advices. Mineral supplements are always.. well, imbalances are easy to get. With food, not so easy. Upping calories in long term is good, but do not eat if you have no appetite ! I tried eating more even though I had no appetite, because my GI track and liver was weak and just gained some extra fat. But in long term, 3000kcal is a good goal

OP
D

drop67

Ok I switched things up, I removed potatoes from the diet plan and will be sticking with a rice focused diet + orange juice + red meat + glycine 20g and the supplements I stated in the OP.
Screen Shot 2021-08-28 at 5.51.28 pm.png Screen Shot 2021-08-28 at 5.52.09 pm.png Screen Shot 2021-08-28 at 5.53.22 pm.png
60% carb 19% fat 19% protein + glycine which isn't included for some reason
mainly low fat diet

Last edited:

youngsinatra

Ok I switched things up, I removed potatoes from the diet plan and will be sticking with a rice focused diet + orange juice + red meat + glycine and the supplements I stated in the OP.
View attachment 27144
Probably lacking folate, choline, copper, vitamin A. I‘d add 3-4 whole eggs, occasional chicken liver or beef liver and up the orange juice to one liter a day.

Angela_7

Vins7

How can someone know if he is taking enough calories or Too many? Cronometer or Is It not exact?

famalalam

Add the pork back in. It has nutrients that beef don't that for whatever reason is heavily ignored here.

Nomane Euger

Nomane Euger

Understandable.

Mostly the water-soluble vitamins. But especially B1.
Have you check multiples data based on that with pork raised in different conditions?i digged into it a year ago and more,I can’t find the thug back,it was while listening to Chris masterjohn he référer to a study that found that only 1pork on 4 from those tested(at minimum,it could have been 1 on 10,i don’t remember exactly)had the relatively high thiamine value mentionned by some,and you don’t need to eat pork to get thiamine,and the downside of pork that aren’t the highest quality whever in term of feeling or
Theory are not worth an hypothetical thiamine increase.healthy pork that eat minimal cereals and their organs looks healthy dark purple and rubis red might be decent to consume.grass fed grass finished lamb veal beef liver heart kidneys are great sources of thiamine up to 0,6mg/100g for heart and kidneys and 1.1mg/100g for liver and I have found consistency checking différents data bases,and in term of feeling

Last edited:
OP
D

drop67

Have you check multiples data based on that with pork raised in different conditions?i digged into it a year ago and more,I can’t find the thug back,it was while listening to Chris masterjohn he référer to a study that found that only 1pork on 4 from those tested(at minimum,it could have been 1 on 10,i don’t remember exactly)had the relatively high thiamine value mentionned by some,and you don’t need to eat pork to get thiamine,and the downside of pork that aren’t the highest quality whever in term of feeling or
Theory are not worth an hypothetical thiamine increase.healthy pork that eat minimal cereals and their organs looks healthy dark purple and rubis red might be decent to consume.grass fed grass finished lamb veal beef liver heart kidneys are great sources of thiamine up to 0,6mg/100g for heart and kidneys and 1.1mg/100g for liver and I have found consistency checking différents data bases,and in term of feeling
Oh I supplement b vitamins with a typical b complex

famalalam

The data seems consistent. I've checked both German and Swedish databases which both score pork as having high amounts of B1.

DojaCat

I thought starch was not supposed to be the main thing you ate on a ray peat diet? I'm still a newbie so correct me if im wrong.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals