Rapid And Profound Depression Relief Noted

dbh25

That's also a good question alcoholics tend to have higher iron status and lower zinc so supplementation might be good for this reason. Go get tested. Iron, Copper, zinc and even other minerals like manganese and I suspect a lot more like selenium work together in synergy and affect each other.
A panel with Iron, TIBC, % Saturation and Ferritin.
To find out your current levels.

OP
Frankdee20

Frankdee20

Have you had an iron panel?

So let me just catch up here because I started this thread a while ago. In the last year, I’d say I’ve purchased Zinc about 4 times. So it’s off and on periods, and currently doing 30 mg of the Gluconate about 4 days a week until I run out. I started this last year because of low testosterone but it does not seem like it will make a difference for that (just ran some labs after 7 months since my last 465 reading). I think the picolinate worked somewhat better for depression, but who knows at this point.

I donate blood every three months and they do the finger prick to check one of those iron indicators (hematocrit ? ) I am always allowed to donate and typically within the lower end of range to do so. Is this a good indicator of how my Iron is ? Idk. Never had an iron panel to answer the question.

I eat Beef about twice a week and liver about 3 times a month. In decent serving sizes. I also take about 1-2 grams of vitamin C a day.

dbh25

I donate blood every three months and they do the finger prick to check one of those iron indicators (hematocrit ? ) I am always allowed to donate and typically within the lower end of range to do so. Is this a good indicator of how my Iron is ? Idk. Never had an iron panel to answer the question.
Nooooooooo
I was able to keep donating blood, after my ferritin tanked.

dbh25

I eat Beef about twice a week and liver about 3 times a month. In decent serving sizes. I also take about 1-2 grams of vitamin C a day.
It all depends- maybe you build iron stores quickly. I do not. Some blood donors get low ferritin, I was not supplementing iron at that time.
An iron panel will show you.

Douglas Ek

It’s hard to say since there so many variables unfortunantly no one can tell i less you get a proper blood test. It’s just dumb and could be damaging shooting in the dark so to say. If you feel good I would go on that feeling. Usually is a supplement makes you feel good it’s because it does good stuff for you. Poison never made anyone feel good first unless we are talking alchol and drugs hahaha. Anyway I think as long as you’re aware of the risks and dont go overboard with it you should be good. As mentioned earlier iron is usually higher in alcoholics anyway. And zinc too low. Just look out for symptoms like fatigue

Douglas Ek

Nooooooooo
I was able to keep donating blood, after my ferritin tanked.

Yes its very dangerous going on hematocrit and hemoglobin levels. You get symptoms before that. But @dbh25 since hes a drinker he probably have depleted zinc since its a common cause for alcoholic liver disease. You didnt feel good from taking zinc right? But you did taking iron? Yeah so frank feels good taking zinc. You need to listen to your body. And also do you’re homework be aware of doses @Frankdee20 i wouldnt go over 30mg

dbh25

Yes its very dangerous going on hematocrit and hemoglobin levels. You get symptoms before that. But @dbh25 since hes a drinker he probably have depleted zinc since its a common cause for alcoholic liver disease. You didnt feel good from taking zinc right? But you did taking iron? Yeah so frank feels good taking zinc. You need to listen to your body. And also do you’re homework be aware of doses @Frankdee20 i wouldnt go over 30mg
I was not supplementing zinc. I had fatigue and other symptoms, and supplemented iron after taking an iron test.

OP
Frankdee20

Frankdee20

I have 4 tablets left and I will take a break again after that. I haven’t supplemented Zinc since I stopped back in June of 2018. The antidepressant effect was potentiated with B 6. Zinc has effects on 5ht1a and glutamate as well as dopamine. I don’t know if it is just because of the fact that gluconate version is being used this time, but when I did the picolinate it seemed to have a stronger effect. IDK.