Rapamycin is Fantastic and Worth Trying

Tarmander

There really has not been much talk of Rapamycin on this forum. When it was brought up in the past, its mTOR inhibition was often talked about as a negative. Many assumed this would lead to muscle wasting and catabolism.

Well I am here to tell you, it is worth looking into. Alone it has given me a level of health I did not think possible when I first joined these forums almost 8 years ago.

I started experimenting with it around March and April of this year. At first, it made me tired, hungry, and gave me some mental boosts. I thought it might be giving me energy but I wasn’t sure. As time went on, I realized it was a massive game changer, but in a very subtle way.

The biggest thing it did for me is I stopped caring about my health. I don’t post much here anymore, not like I used to. I am out enjoying life and doing things. I have my health back, or at least, a good chunk of it, and I attribute a big part of that to Rapamycin.

Maybe things will change one day, and my CFS will come back with a vengeance. But as of now, I lift weights 3 times a week, walk 30k steps per day, sleep great (although sometimes it’s rocky), and don’t journal anymore about what I am taking or how I am sleeping.

I was lucky enough to ask Peat about Rapa earlier this year before he passed. I don’t think he really understood enough about to see how revolutionary it is. This is what he said:
1671289771365.png

I have taken laxatives and quickened transit time before. Rapa does so much more. Rapa is going to change the world, and change humanity. I am more sure about that then almost anything. I am not an expert on Rapamycin, or a doctor, I am just the messenger to tell you to look into it.

I did a podcast about it where I dive into the nitty gritty for side effects, dosages, and where to get it. If you have tried it, I would love to hear about your experience here. Maybe I am an outlier, but I don’t think so.

Link:

View: https://youtu.be/d8to6SotiqM

Mauritio

Thanks for sharing. I have yet to try rapamycin.

He was very aware of the effects of rapamycins and the anti-biotics derived from it. I typed up a part of an interview where he talked about it and a corresponding email I sent him to make sure it was really rapamycin he's talking about:

Q: "Hello Mr. Peat,
I found your comments on the anti-fungal and anti-viral properties of the macrolides very interesting.

You also talked about some macrolide inhibiting a certain kinase. Would you tell me which kinase you were referring to ?

You said:

"After it was discovered to be a great treatment for fungal infections it was found to have many other effects, anti-inflammatory effects, which are typical effects of that family, azithromycin for example and in exploring how the anti-inflammatory effect works, they found that it works on a particular kinase, an enzyme that attaches phosphate groups to particular enzymes and functional proteins. And the phosphorylation directs towards growth and inflammation and they found that the antibiotic inhibiting this particular kind of phosphorylating enzyme, extended life span drastically and reduced cancer and inflammatory diseases."

Thank you!"

A: "The was mTOR and the antibiotic rapamycin."

yerrag

@Tarmander

Glad to hear you and Bryan. Another nice episode and very much welcome. You do great research and experimentation, and your coverage on antibiotics in your previous podcast is a must see for anyone thinking on doing some therapy with it. If only to know the gotchas involved.

This podcast adds to that base greatly. I can't help but appreciate the fungal element in this, which is something of late I have been focusing on.

Medical infectious conversations usually revolve around bacteria and viruses. Fungi are deliberate afterthoughts. And because of this, infections have staying power. And even when we're not considered sick, they still are expressed but are unacknowledged in chronic conditions, especially in those that are solely attributed to metabolic causes.

Perhaps that is why Rapamycin has this subtle effect of improving such conditions.

While I have no doubt Rapamycin works, I have been approaching the fungal and infectious element from the herbal level, reading and learning from the aromatherapy perspective of using essential oils. I continue to work on lowering my high BP, a quest where the journey brings me benefits along the way.

Just a few weeks after using suppositories infused with select essential oils with antimicrobial properties, I saw all subtle joint pains disappear. It is a great feeling having zero pain walking up steep stairs which makes one feel old and creaky. The multi-modal pathways involved in whole herbs does an effective job that compares well or may even outdo the usual single isolated substance that pharmacy always has to approach solutions with. This time, the fungal cause is being addressed.

This is an approach much less pharmaceutical and less "scientific" and serves us just as well.

Not much is said about the relationship between microbial health and metabolic health, but I'm coming to appreciate that how one aspect gets better has a lot to do with the other. Healing involves jump starting one to have a noticeable salutary effect on the other, with the other improving well enough to give back to its partner. A.vicious cycle is halted, and a virtuous cycle has.begun. From disease to health.

Last edited:

GenericName86

I'd be eager to try rapamycin but getting it where I am (Australia) seems like a hassle. I wouldn't know where to begin in regards to importing it. I assume it would from some online pharmacy in India but making sure it's of quality and it getting through customs would be a coin flip on if it doesn't get confiscated.

OP
Tarmander

Tarmander

@Blossom Great to hear from you, hope you enjoy it

@yerrag The antifungal element is definitely interesting. I will say, in reference to your stuff about the microbiome, that my microbiome did not change very much when I started taking it. There was a slight shift to firmicutes over bacteroides, but I did not dig into the species level data.

@ThazMYchocolate lol

Nebula

There really has not been much talk of Rapamycin on this forum. When it was brought up in the past, its mTOR inhibition was often talked about as a negative. Many assumed this would lead to muscle wasting and catabolism.

Well I am here to tell you, it is worth looking into. Alone it has given me a level of health I did not think possible when I first joined these forums almost 8 years ago.

I started experimenting with it around March and April of this year. At first, it made me tired, hungry, and gave me some mental boosts. I thought it might be giving me energy but I wasn’t sure. As time went on, I realized it was a massive game changer, but in a very subtle way.

The biggest thing it did for me is I stopped caring about my health. I don’t post much here anymore, not like I used to. I am out enjoying life and doing things. I have my health back, or at least, a good chunk of it, and I attribute a big part of that to Rapamycin.

Maybe things will change one day, and my CFS will come back with a vengeance. But as of now, I lift weights 3 times a week, walk 30k steps per day, sleep great (although sometimes it’s rocky), and don’t journal anymore about what I am taking or how I am sleeping.

I was lucky enough to ask Peat about Rapa earlier this year before he passed. I don’t think he really understood enough about to see how revolutionary it is. This is what he said:
View attachment 46031

I have taken laxatives and quickened transit time before. Rapa does so much more. Rapa is going to change the world, and change humanity. I am more sure about that then almost anything. I am not an expert on Rapamycin, or a doctor, I am just the messenger to tell you to look into it.

I did a podcast about it where I dive into the nitty gritty for side effects, dosages, and where to get it. If you have tried it, I would love to hear about your experience here. Maybe I am an outlier, but I don’t think so.

Link:

View: https://youtu.be/d8to6SotiqM

What’s your dosing and source Tarmander? all day chemist?

Badger

I've been on rapamycin weekly for about 4-5 years with no problems or side effects from it. Has been a good experience. A very experienced nutritional therapist I know said to me he saw the difference in my face and skin.

Indeed slows down biological aging without a doubt. Am in my late 60s.

yerrag

@yerrag The antifungal element is definitely interesting. I will say, in reference to your stuff about the microbiome, that my microbiome did not change very much when I started taking it. There was a slight shift to firmicutes over bacteroides, but I did not dig into the species level data.

@ThazMYchocolate lol
When I use suppositories, it isn't directed towards the gut microbiome. While it can't help but affect the gut, the intended effect is internally as the essential oils are absorbed through the gut walls into the blood stream bypassing the liver first pass.

It's good that your gut isn't much affected, but it seems that with the improvements you mentioned, Rapamycin is getting through internally to have noticeable effects.

I find that with essential oils, it's much harder if I take them orally, and for some, it's not safe. Some can't even be applied topically unless very much diluted with a carrier oil.

peatmoss

I've been on rapamycin weekly for about 4-5 years with no problems or side effects from it. Has been a good experience. A very experienced nutritional therapist I know said to me he saw the difference in my face and skin.

Indeed slows down biological aging without a doubt. Am in my late 60s.
Do you continue to see improvement in your health or do you feel like after a certain amount of time the improvements wane and you continue to take it for maintenance?

also, can you go into a little detail on what changes you saw? and lastly, what dose are you taking?

sunny

@ThazMYchocolate lol
How are you testing the microbiome ?

Is there any concern of becoming resistant to rapamycin

I can remember Ray in an interview once talking about as you get healthier, you just sort of quit thinking about what ails you (paraphrase). Can't remember who he was talking with.

Momma

What happens if you stop taking it?
Would one lose the benefits?
If your health depends on it; you’re not healthy, right?

Momma

I understand and sympathize with this sentiment, but health really doesn't exist apart from taking things it depends on (eg food, water, air).
I look at my three kids.
Through observation (how i have succeeded with or messed each one up) i see what true health or youthful metabolism is. It does not depend on anything supplemental.

As an adult i think using therapeutic agents judicially is wise. But long term does not bring health. And dependencies are a step backwards.

Of course I wasn’t referring to food. Water. Or air.

Glad to be on the forum. Been following Dr Peat since 2015. I am grateful to be a part of this community and his prolific reach and legacy.

OP
Tarmander

Tarmander

@Nebula @Momma I answer those questions in the podcast.

@sunny I use ombre to test my microbiome every 1 .5 months or so. Then use Ken Lassesens' site to interpret it.

@Badger niiiccee man. 5 years is a good amount of time. Good to know you haven't had any major side effects or problems with it.

Peater

Any recommended online places? I am in the UK so pointless trying to get a prescription out of my GP.

peatmoss

@Peater, Tarmander answered this in the podcast. Alldaychemist.com. Everybody should listen to it if you have questions. He did an excellent job answering questions that you might have or haven't thought of. If you're short on time, you can play the video double speed.

Peater

@Peater, Tarmander answered this in the podcast. Alldaychemist.com. Everybody should listen to it if you have questions. He did an excellent job answering questions that you might have or haven't thought of. If you're short on time, you can play the video double speed.
Apologies and thanks! I haven't finished it yet.