Random Thoughts

OP
J

j.

Charlie said:
I can turn it off for you if you like.

The major advantage of the new software is that it has an instant messaging system that is already being put to use.

Don't know, maybe I'll just ignore all requests.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
j, I think some people will appreciate it. Others, maybe they won't and they definitely do not have to use it and can simply ignore it. I am not big into social media, I even cancelled my FB account. However, the people within the Ray Peat community are people that I want to socialize with. And this new software has already brought me closer to some and I believe it's a great way to build friendships in the community that I love. So therefore I welcome it and am excited to be able to offer it.

If anyone would like me to turn theirs off let me know and I will be more then happy to do so. :)

4peatssake

Jenn said:
Maybe you could turn mine off so I won't notice no one is trying to talk to me. LOL!

I'm kidding.
:rolling

[BBvideo 560,340:2n23u051]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Aflrbwna44[/BBvideo]

4peatssake

j. said:
how do i instant message someone?
You have to have friends :lol:

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
4peatssake said:
j. said:
how do i instant message someone?
You have to have friends :lol:
j with no dot has not answered my friend request therefor I will not be IM'ing him anytime soon. :mrgreen:

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
j has entered the matrix. Friend request accepted IM soon to be initiated. :rolling

OP
J

j.

For the first time ever, the Ray Peat Forum has more members than the Ray Peat Facebook Group.

montmorency

j. said:
For the first time ever, the Ray Peat Forum has more members than the Ray Peat Facebook Group.

Facebook has its points I suppose, but I think it's being used nowadays for things it's not best at. (Having said that, I've hardly looked at the RP FB page).

I much prefer forums to FB for the exchange of serious information (with a bit of fun thrown in now and again). But then, I'm an old Usenet guy, and forums are the modern equivalent. Well, modern-ish. Then again, I still don't have a smart phone, and don't plan to. I guess a lot of people are using FB and Twitter via their phones, but I don't think I could handle that.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
So much rain this year its been tough getting enough sun. Could not imagine living in a place like Seattle thats cloudy most of the time.

Rolan

Charlie, do you use tanning beds for the times when it's raining/no sun? There's a lot of social stigma assoicated with them, yet so many people use them. In ole' Blighty we know about rain, but it's more just a gloomy, cloudy disposition that we contend with. Then when it is sunny(we've been hitting 30 every day this week - wooohhoooo), people have the audacity to complain!

Which makes me wonder, why are people so literal? 'Ooh it's really hot'. Yes, I also have the sensory faculties to detect heat, but thankyou for informing me anyway. 'Ooh it's raining'. Really? I hadn't farkin' NOTICED! :evil:

Misanthropy is really effortless sometimes :lol:

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
No tanning beds for me. If I do not get enough sun I just fire up the heat lamps.

chris

I love the idea of just exploring. Leaving home with a tent and walking to the end of my country, camping in the wilderness every night and writing stories. Only issues would be running out of money and no refrigeration for my milk and oj. ;)

mandance

Lack of sun in Seattle does bring us down here lol, Thats why we invented grunge music. Ms rates are very high here, especially amoung women. A childhood friend just died of MS. He was only 29. I know multiple other people with it also that are not even 30 yet. I wonder if its from a lack of sun light, or polution from ww2 manufacturing that went on here.

It would seem a lack of sunlight though, causes many problems. I only recently realized this from Peat, and now make an effort to get more sun, at least 15 minutes everyday if not more plus supping vitamin D.

I also like the idea of exploring Chris, I used to camp all the time. Being in nature really makes me feel alive, just sitting around a fire with good people is ultimate pleasure to me. No phones, no technology, no problems, concerns or worries. Sometimes I imagine getting my citizehnship in Italy, since I have a blood line connection to it, and just buying a small house on the ocean and getting out of here for good, spend the rest of my days painting, gardening and being a part of some small community of people.

HDD

mandance said:
Lack of sun in Seattle does bring us down here lol, Thats why we invented grunge music. Ms rates are very high here, especially amoung women. A childhood friend just died of MS. He was only 29. I know multiple other people with it also that are not even 30 yet. I wonder if its from a lack of sun light, or polution from ww2 manufacturing that went on here.

It would seem a lack of sunlight though, causes many problems. I only recently realized this from Peat, and now make an effort to get more sun, at least 15 minutes everyday if not more plus supping vitamin D.

I also like the idea of exploring Chris, I used to camp all the time. Being in nature really makes me feel alive, just sitting around a fire with good people is ultimate pleasure to me. No phones, no technology, no problems, concerns or worries. Sometimes I imagine getting my citizehnship in Italy, since I have a blood line connection to it, and just buying a small house on the ocean and getting out of here for good, spend the rest of my days painting, gardening and being a part of some small community of people.

Ray Peat has some very interesting articles on MS. I was diagnosed with it 25 years ago. I don't go to the doctor for it or take any medicine. The neurologist wanted me to take intrferon injections but I declined. They cost about $900 a month. I am not sure I believe it is an illness. Peat says the causes are most likely hypothyroidism, estrogen, and heme. Very disturbing to consider the seriousness of the medical establishment's gross errors.

mandance

Yeah, I did read that one. It was interesting. Im sorry to hear that..how are you doing? A girlfriend of mine was recently diagnosed...I had always wondered because when she would get drunk...it was almost certain she would black out and there were other signs, she lost balance much easier than most when drinking etc. One day she blacked out and collapsed and was in the hospital for days and thats when they figured it out. I wish there was more that can be done...the older I get the more it upsets me to hear that people have to suffer with these problems and I wish there was something I could do.

At one point I thought I had MS...actually when my chronic brain fog happened, I was really worried for a long time...I still am somewhat. I had an MRi and what not but nothing notable came up. Its scary how many people can get it up here. So then you have weird issues and tend to think, oh man..MS?

Thats crazy though, 900 a month? How is anyone supposed to afford that? I also have a friend who is completely broke, but has diabetes and has to pay like 300 dollars a month just to stay alive. Its crazy.

HDD

Let your friend read the articles by Ray Peat. It takes some time digesting the information but it is so worth the effort. When I was first diagnosed, they didn't have any medication except cortisone for symptoms. I was given an MS diet book by Swank who had had 95% success. I followed it for a little while and then gradually fell back into old eating patterns when I didn't have any symptoms. Then, when I had my 2nd major episode, is when the new drugs were being used. I researched, and read about a playwright that was in a wheelchair and unable to write anymore, who reversed his MS. I pretty much starved myself and my symptoms went away. Both major exacerbations were in the very early stages of pregnancy, before I even was aware that I was pregnant. When I read Peat's article that connected it to estrogen, I knew that was why mine had been so severe at beginning of pregnancy. All of my weird symptoms can actually be attributed to hypothyroidism and estrogen. It has taken me a while to wrap my head around that since I have lived with the MS label for so long. Rayser, a very wise forum member, set me free from my label. Of course, I then had to take responsibility for my health in a new way but I am not afraid anymore.

mandance

Thats really awesome. You sound like a pretty strong person. More and more, people will be the ones that write the books on illnesses and not the industries. Its good to have a community of support for health. How are you doing these days?