Random Announcements

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
You can now edit your post for 48 hours after the initial post. If you need to change the post anytime after the 48 hours simply click the report button on the post and let the mods know what you need changed. You can also delete your post for up to 5 minutes after the initial post.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Feeling guilty? :mrgreen:

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Happy now? :mrgreen:

J

j.

Charlie said:

Not as happy as I could be, as I often want to edit a post more than 48 hours later. Having to report it makes me less eager to do it.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
j. said:
Charlie said:

Not as happy as I could be, as I often want to edit a post more than 48 hours later. Having to report it makes me less eager to do it.

Editing time limit has now been done away with. :cool:

burtlancast

:eek:
Wow; you can even see your edit history.
Wicked monday.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
burtlancast said:
:eek:
Wow; you can even see your edit history.
Wicked monday.
Nothing wicked about letting people edit their posts if they need/want to. :D

The recording of the edits was put there to protect all of us if there comes some kind of discrepancy. My hope is it never needs to be used. :ugeek:

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Topic preview modification installed. Basically you can hover over any topic link and get a preview of the first and last post.

juanitacarlos

Charlie said:
Topic preview modification installed. Basically you can hover over any topic link and get a preview of the first and last post.

Thanks Charlie - I've been loving this!

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Sweet! Yeh I think its kinda cool. :)

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Traffic is up quite a bit. We have been maxing out on cpu resources at times. I have disabled the instant messenger and chat for now until I can get a better handle on the situation. :hattip

jyb

Charlie said:
Traffic is up quite a bit. We have been maxing out on cpu resources at times. I have disabled the instant messenger and chat for now until I can get a better handle on the situation. :hattip

How come it's going up now only? This forum is incredibly well google referenced. In fact, if anyone was curious about very fundamental stuff like pregnenolone, they'd quickly come across Peat's article or this forum.

tara

jyb said:
Charlie said:

How come it's going up now only? This forum is incredibly well google referenced. In fact, if anyone was curious about very fundamental stuff like pregnenolone, they'd quickly come across Peat's article or this forum.

Google gives you want it thinks you (ie your computer) like. If you sit next to someone with a very different browsing history, you will find google gives them a different list for the same search string.

Charlie said:

My friend, I notice this website is very devoid of advertisement. Who makes it happen day after day if I may ask?

Mittir

I knew that google result depends on history if someone is using a browser
with logged in yahoo or google account. I just did a "pregnenolone" search.
There are 10 results per page.

Ray Peat site was mentioned in first page,
Toxinless was mentioned in 3rd page
Peatarian was mentioned in page 11
marksdaily apple in page 19
Ray peat forum mentioned in page 32

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
jyb said:
Charlie said:

Its been on a slow rise for a while now with at around a 10% increase in the last couple weeks. Yesterday was our highest traffic day ever.

The instant messaging system takes up an incredible amount of hits, I adjusted it down as far as it could go but we were still hitting cpu peak. When I turned it off there was a dramatic drop in cpu usage. I have also turned off gzip compression and that seemed to help. I will try my best to get instant messenger back up.

Such_Saturation said:
My friend, I notice this website is very devoid of advertisement. Who makes it happen day after day if I may ask?

Just me, sponsors are welcome. :P

Do you take Paypal :mrgreen: Also, the chat was barely used at all.