Randle Cycle And Human Breast Milk

Bertje

I dont know if this is discussed already, but I keep hearing people say that we should go low fat and high carb because of the randle cycle and to keep our bodies insulin sensitive... but why then is human breast milk 55.4% fat and 38.8% carbohydrate?

redsun

I dont know if this is discussed already, but I keep hearing people say that we should go low fat and high carb because of the randle cycle and to keep our bodies insulin sensitive... but why then is human breast milk 55.4% fat and 38.8% carbohydrate?

Because the purpose of breast milk is to make the baby gain as much weight as possible and maximize health. If you restrict fat like a lot of people do here, its much easier to lose weight. If you restrict carbs like keto people do, same thing. Losing weight is much easier when you restrict a source of calories, regardless of whether its carbs or fat.

The body burns mostly fat at rest anyway and the baby needs many calories to grow. Most people need 250-300g carbs max a day, 400g or so if you exercise and are moderately physically active throughout the day.

Jsaute21

Can somebody please share a formula that has the beat possible ingredients? My wife breast fed for 7 months but is done now to being busy at work. Looking for non/low pufa ingredients and limited/no fillers.