Raloxifene & aromasin?

Sospian

Alright so I'll be starting Raloxifene in the upcoming week to get rid of some gyno that's bothering me.

Seeing as raloxifene is a SERM and SERMs are estrogenic, might it be worth combining it with an AI such as aromasin? Could aromasin stop the raloxifene from working?

Cheers guys

Aaron

Aromasin is almost useless for gyno, and is generally not a good choice for males. Anastrozole would be better. The best thing to do is to promote insulin sensitivity while taking raloxifene, i.e. get enough sleep, eat fruit very regularly, spread out macronutrients intake throughout the day, etc. I recommend some cruciferous vegetables too. In my experience, tamoxifen actually works a bit better for gyno but with stronger chemo-like sides.

OP
S

Sospian

Aromasin is almost useless for gyno, and is generally not a good choice for males. Anastrozole would be better. The best thing to do is to promote insulin sensitivity while taking raloxifene, i.e. get enough sleep, eat fruit very regularly, spread out macronutrients intake throughout the day, etc. I recommend some cruciferous vegetables too. In my experience, tamoxifen actually works a bit better for gyno but with stronger chemo-like sides.
I'm not using aromasin for gyno, I'm going go use it to minimise the estrogenic effects of raloxifene

Aries

I'm not using aromasin for gyno, I'm going go use it to minimise the estrogenic effects of raloxifene
Raloxifene is not a substrate for aromatase so you won't reduce the estrogenic effects of raloxifene directly by an AI. You can tank your bioidentical estrogens with AI so the only significant estrogen in your system would be raloxifene and in a way your total estrogenicity would be lower. I don't think that would be necessary or beneficial but it is up to you.

OP
S

Sospian

Raloxifene is not a substrate for aromatase so you won't reduce the estrogenic effects of raloxifene directly by an AI. You can tank your bioidentical estrogens with AI so the only significant estrogen in your system would be raloxifene and in a way your total estrogenicity would be lower. I don't think that would be necessary or beneficial but it is up to you.
Great answer - why wouldn't it be beneficial?

My biggest concern is E2's effect on the brain & varicoceles. Wouldn't keeping my bioidentical estrogen low reduce that?

Also any supplement recommendations or advice would be fantastic

Aries

Great answer - why wouldn't it be beneficial?

My biggest concern is E2's effect on the brain & varicoceles. Wouldn't keeping my bioidentical estrogen low reduce that?

Also any supplement recommendations or advice would be fantastic
The logic of pre-emptive AI use relies on the assumption that the estrogens replaced by raloxifene will bind at some other estrogen receptor as the aren't bound in their original destination and remain in the serum. I don't know how significant it will be and higher amount of estrogen outside tissue is also open for excretion, not just for binding to other receptors. One option is to look into supporting estrogen excretion but I think raloxifene is also cleared by glucuronidation.

Maybe you could consider AI if you see increase in estrogenic effects but it might also be from the raloxifenes agonist activity that you can't help. I think a conservative approach is more reasonable than all in from the get-go.

OP
S

Sospian

The logic of pre-emptive AI use relies on the assumption that the estrogens replaced by raloxifene will bind at some other estrogen receptor as the aren't bound in their original destination and remain in the serum. I don't know how significant it will be and higher amount of estrogen outside tissue is also open for excretion, not just for binding to other receptors. One option is to look into supporting estrogen excretion but I think raloxifene is also cleared by glucuronidation.

Maybe you could consider AI if you see increase in estrogenic effects but it might also be from the raloxifenes agonist activity that you can't help. I think a conservative approach is more reasonable than all in from the get-go.
I'll keep that in mind. Thanks fellow Aries-bro

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals